BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Liverpool

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

If we'd been offered 0-0 at the start we would have taken it, so can't really grumble at the result. Sounded like we played ok, and on another day we would have possibly nicked it. Liverpool had their chances to score as well.

Good point.

Brilliant performance. Defensively, offensively, and in every other way.

We had our chances. Di Santo one on one with no composure, and Kalinic right at the death shouldve gone through the left of the keeper, and not to forget Benni's shot too.

Defensively this was our best performance for a long long time. Nelsen with possibly one of his best matches ever for us. He overshadowed an unbelievable Samba and thats saying alot.

So so proud.

Grella is forming a good partnership with Nzonzi now and that's great to see.

Now the test comes next week away to Hull. Can we take this new found belief and beat a side we should be beating...

I'm proud to say that I'm absolutely shattered we didn't win this, we were excellent all over the pitch. I JUST WISH WE HAD SOME PLAYERS THAT COULD FINISH. Besides the finishing, we have some truly phenomenal young players in Kalinic, Hoilett, Di Santo and N'zonzi. I think only Arsenal can boast better youngsters than us currently.

Another performance to be proud of, especially given that we went 120 minutes with Chelsea three days earlier whilst Liverpool had a week off.

Such a shame that we couldn't nick a goal, if Hoilett's pass had been half a yard slower we probably would have got all three points. Samba and Nelsen were both absolutely immense. N'Zonzi and Chimbonda were everywhere as well.

I think Sam got it spot on today as well. He tried to go for it near the end with Di Santo, Kalinic and Hoilett on, but Liverpool immediately started to dominate...changing to a five man midfield for the last ten minutes put us back on top and nearly allowed us to pinch it at the end.

Maybe that's our top four hoodoo over with. :rover:

One more thing, this might get overlooked, but I think we are a LOT more solid defensively with Grella in midfield. We've been weak at the back this season, but I think it was an unfair reflection of our defenders and I always looked to the midfield for the problem and I think Grella solves that for us because he is very good in his position.

Outstanding performance today except for finishing. We could have scored 4 if we had more composure in front of goal. Everyone played well I thought apart from Diouf who was wasteful and Chimbonda who seemed to lack focus and confidence.

Nelsen and Samba particularly were brilliant as were Nzonzi, Emerton and Grella. Nelsen deserves special mention because honestly I thought he was finsihed as a top player. He was immense today on and off the ball. His run down the left wing was inspired!

If we add a good attacking left winger in the window and sign Di Santo I think we will be an extremely good side.

In NZonzi, Givet, Samba, Kainic, Di Santo (if we can sign long term) and Hoilett (if we convince him to stay) we have an excellent groundwork for what could theoretically be the next five years.

Two conceutive clean sheet!

00 good result - especially after weds game. Had chances to win, sadly didn't take them. But a point puts Rovers above the dingles by a point and the goal average better is also better than theirs. Happy with the result and the point.

Cracking game.

Grella at last showing how good he is with two immense performances. Nzonzi is already a class act but what a player this kid is going to be.

Di santo and Kalinic are going to come good. They both have skill pace strength and their eye and composure in front of goal will surely come.

Nelsen and Samba were fantastic- that run from Nelsen was awesome. Emerton superb, Benni put in an excellent shify and the save by Robbo after Ngog hit the cross bar was right out of the top drawer.

Once again a bunch of borderline decisions all went the soon to be ex-Big 4 club's way. Liverpool slip deservedly further away from CL qualification with this result.

Happy days are back at Ewood after this week.

Twice in four days, proud to be a Rover, Sam take notice we can play that beautiful game.

we have set the bar this week, no going back.

COYB.

if only we could finish. ;) what could have been in the latter 20 min.

Sam will have some thinging to do come jan - who to keep and let go etc. But the past two games is a revelation for us all I think. The players must gain in confidence after both weds v Chelsea and todays game v liverpool. Rovers can compete with the best -if they try to do so and not sit back. :brfcsmilie:

nelsen and samba totally controlled every liverpool attacker. they were incredible! nzonzi were all over the pitch and was not that much weaker than those two, but for me grella was motm. he won a great deal of balls, covered a lot of room and didn't miss many passes. also, i think we need to start playing hoilett against "weaker" sides, as he are almoust our best attacking threat, but he still lacks a bit defensievly. hope i signs the contract soon!

I believe players like Kalinic and Di Santo need to get the composure in front of goal. In Di Santo I shudder to remember a 20 year old striker with such a good first touch, strong hold up play, good inter-play and link-play. The only thing missing is the finishing.

In Kalinic he will be more of a poacher. The kind of player who might get more chances per game than many other strikers because of his style of play, a la Inzaghi. He will miss a fair few, but he will score too.

I know it's been said before by a few people, but Kalanic reminds me so much of Jansen it's untrue! The little turn and shot in the box, was very Jansen like. If you blur your eyes a bit, it's like actually having Jansen on the pitch!

the save by Robbo after Ngog hit the cross bar was right out of the top drawer.

I think that was Samba's head!

I'm still not convinced Givet is the right option at left back, I think Chimbonda is several times better in that position.

Archived