BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Liverpool

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this a return to the 4-4-1-1 with McCarthy replacing Dunn?

Too true. Kalinic is just hitting some form and now he's dropped again. I accept he could be tired after Wednesday's game, but there's nothing to stop him starting the game and coming off later.

un

I can understand him getting rested because he will make more impact as a sub than Diouf would. If he gets more than 25 minutes I think he will cause them problems.

Quite optimistic today actually. I can't understand what formation Liverpool are playing...

it angers me so much that di santo and diouf can just walk in to the team, kalinic has proved a lot more lately than di santo, and we need speed on the wings, not a winger like diouf which always slows down the play! also think we would benefit playing chim on the left, he seems to be more of a threat there, and jacobsen has NOT played himself out of the squad. only positives is that grella is playing instead of andrews and that mccarthy gets a start.

Sam cannot do anything right in some peoples eyes - Kalinic played the whole game on weds. Di Santo could be off so Sam needs to look at him in case he wants to try to sign him permanently. Todays line up is pretty good with a good bench. Again a ball has not been kicked and people complain. Rovers have just gone above the dingles before a ball being kicked.

I thought people might have given the management a bit of leeway after Wednesday night, but obviously not - every decision being scrutinised and criticised yet again.

Just concerned at our £6m man's stop-start career, and the fact one of our underachievers this year is back in the side. Legitimate concerns.

LOL...

It always makes me laugh this "the players will be tired after a midweek game" bollards, christ sakes look at Tour De France cyclists for example they are pedaling hundreds of kilometers a day with altitudes that only cloven hoofed beasts like!

They are athletes and highly paid ones at that, they should be able to play ninety minutes every other day the lazy buggers.

Anyways Rovers to win 2 - 1

and it makes me laugh that this tired point gets rolled out every time. Of course they manage it. The problem is at the peak of performance the margins are so small that one team playing midweek whilst the other doesn't can make a difference. You'd see a different result in the tour de France if some riders had days off and the others had to carry on

Now what they should be able to do as professionals is play with both feet lol

Benni McCarthy WILL score today.

I'd certainly be chuffed with a point today. 1-1 seems ok to me, and retaining the fortress Ewood tag.

Hoping Diouf comes out with a poker up his proverbial, bit of a point to prove to the Pool and all that. Might surprise us.

Come on Rovers

Well, good that Benni starts and that we have 2 upfront, but with Diouf it's like playing with 10 men. Even Andrews does much more. Now watch - every time we get the ball to up to Diouf, we'll have to be defending a counter-attack 2 seconds later. It's not going to be good.

Just concerned at our £6m man's stop-start career, and the fact one of our underachievers this year is back in the side. Legitimate concerns.

If McCarthy is to start (obviously because Dunn isn't available) then whoever plays with him must put in a lot of leg-work to compensate, it would be too much to ask of Kalinic to do that after the effort he put in on Wednesday.

He's still a great option to have from the bench now that his confidence will be right up.

Who else would I play instead of Diouf?

Hoilett, Van Heerden, Olsson, MGP, my nan - the guy is awful!

I'd love it if he plays well but the guy's a passenger and robbing us of 40k per week.

I think Diouf is awful as well, but Hoilett has never played on the left wing, Van Heerden hasn't even played a game (and I'm pretty sure he's never played on the left either) and Olsson isn't proven on the left wing. I'd probably prefer Pedersen over Diouf, but it's really not much difference on current form.

Also most of their attacks seem to be coming down our left hand flank, Benayoun drifting there quite often so Diouf needs to do more IMO.

I think that's more to do with Johnson and Benayoun being twice as good as Insua and Riera...also I think Chimbonda makes a much better full back than Givet. Diouf has started okay, no better or worse than anyone else.

We started really brightly, knocking the ball around really well. Grella in particular was playing some good long range passes.

Liverpool are starting to look threatening, but Samba and Nelsen have been immense at the back. It's a concern that we're not being too adventurous in the final third though, very conservative in our attacking play, although we've had a few chances.

Best performance against a Big Four side or I should say we have looked the most comfortable with our passing and play and not at all overrawed.

That win against Chelsea brought back the confidence that we can beat anyone on a given day. You can be sure it was weighing the players down as it was with us. I have a renewed sense of optimism today something I have lacked for at least 2 years against these top sides.

Special mention to Grella and Nzonzi both have been class as have Nelsen and Samba.

Samba has been incredible! Both defending and with the ball at his feet.

Chimbo looks a bit suspect today. Benni has been clever. Di Santo has worked hard.Nelsen superb. Basically a very solid performance, great shape to the side. Main issue is a lack of a cutting edge.

I wonder if we will take Diouf off for Kalinic at some point in second half?

Best performance against a Big Four side or I should say we have looked the most comfortable with our passing and play and not at all overrawed.

That win against Chelsea brought back the confidence that we can beat anyone on a given day. You can be sure it was weighing the players down as it was with us. I have a renewed sense of optimism today something I have lacked for at least 2 years against these top sides.

Special mention to Grella and Nzonzi both have been class as have Nelsen and Samba.

Well said Bobby. You have to happy with that performance so far, very solid especially at the back. Let's hope we can keep it up and nick a goal in the second half.

Archived