BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Liverpool

The lad should have tried to round the keeper as he would have either got an open goal or Reina a red.

Most definitely. To any striker worth his salt and in total control of the ball a 1 on 1 against a keeper rushing out at breakneck speed is a absolutely a dream come true! To say that I was very disappointed in Kalinic's attempt is an understatement. :angry:

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally thought Grella had a stormer. Excellent pressing, put his foot in and passed the ball around well.

I've been one of Grella's biggest critics on here but I must admit he was very good today, he has a range of passing from deep that only Dunn could match. Every time graham reviews a game he always seems to have wildly differing opinions on the game to most, so I wouldn't take too much notice.

Good to see us have a go today against a very poor Liverpool side. They had a 10 minute spell in the second half and that was it, we dominated proceedings.

I thought Benni had his best game in over a year, linked up the play and his touch and movement was excellent.

All credit to the manger an his staff for playing an adventurous formation, we’ve seen very little in the way of attractive football for a while now.

Maybe Allardyce had a lobotomy and attractive football is his way forward….. :rock:

One criticism, Diouf again offered nothing, he needs dropping and selling at the earliest opportunity, anyone who can't see that needs the lobotomy sooner rather than later.

Felt good walking away today and that hasn’t happened for a while in the league.

At it again I see.

If you didn't think Grella had a good game today, then you are definitley watching the wrong game.

And please don't start with the blue and white specs thing again. Because if he'd had a bad game I'd quite gladly stand up and say he was poor (as i've done with Pedersen in the past) ]

It just seems like you can't accept that Grella can (and did) play well.

Some people say it as they see it, whilst others see what they want to see (that's you by the way ;))

Great defensive midfielders get forward. Souness, Keane even Barry now. Grella is fixated with Italian football and is unsuited to the English game that's all which is all about pressing the ball. I was in the pro-ince camp till I found out about the off field shinangans.

I prefered Sav to Grella, Sav had less talent but made much more of it than Grella. Grella just can't shake off the Italian in him and if he went back would probably be a better player than at Rovers. As far as I am concerned our midfield is concerned 3 plAyers are automatic. Nzonzi DM, Dunn AM, Emo RM. Grellas place is warming the bench. End of. PlAin, simple and blindingly obvious to a half wit.

At it again I see.

If you didn't think Grella had a good game today, then you are definitley watching the wrong game.

And please don't start with the blue and white specs thing again. Because if he'd had a bad game I'd quite gladly stand up and say he was poor (as i've done with Pedersen in the past) ]

It just seems like you can't accept that Grella can (and did) play well.

Some people say it as they see it, whilst others see what they want to see (that's you by the way ;))

Engage brain first super arran:

Brilliant performance today.

To keep a Liverpool side at bay and even come close to beating them, after our midweek marathon was a real test of character. They came through with flying colours. Top performances from each and every one of them. Nelsen and Samba were superb. Chimbonda and Givet not far behind. Grella had his best game in a rovers shirt. Nzonzi is quality as I've been saying for a long time. Di Santo got better as the game wore on and Benni was excellent.

Can't speak highly enough of the lads tonight.

I don't agree with the booing Alan, but they're not a disgrace to the club. At least they get down there and support the team.

Don't you think the last two Rovers performances were out of Andrew's league though?

Are they really supporting the team - what does it do for the moral when the players hear the booing.

Out of his league yes, but its not his fault that the manager pick him.

As for today he was given a job to stick with Gerrard to see the game out and stuck to his task.

Where the hell have I mentioned facts? Yes it's MY OPINION and I'm entitled to it. I am absolutely sick of some people targeting the Ince signings like he had no idea about players qualities. They are good enough. Take off your blinkers Den.

You're getting confused between opinion and fact again Crazyivan.

Liverpool are a decent team hence the reason we didn't have much of the play in their box but without Torres they are well short of the top of thetop 4 on that performance.

Credit to Grella - his best game in a Rovers shirt. I've slagged him off practically every time I've commented on him but he did well today.

I still dont think Di Santo is that good, certainly not worth more than 4 million.

I've been one of Grella's biggest critics on here but I must admit he was very good today, he has a range of passing from deep that only Dunn could match. Every time graham reviews a game he always seems to have wildly differing opinions on the game to most, so I wouldn't take too much notice.

And I am never far off either. You forgot to add that. LOL

One or two on here critisised when I said pre season NZonzi is class. And when I said Diouf was pants I got stick for that. And when I said Dunn coming back wad excellent business. Just check back. I judge things in the long term and not just a few minutes on a Saturday.

Great defensive midfielders get forward. Souness, Keane even Barry now. Grella is fixated with Italian football and is unsuited to the English game that's all which is all about pressing the ball. I was in the pro-ince camp till I found out about the off field shinangans.

I prefered Sav to Grella, Sav had less talent but made much more of it than Grella. Grella just can't shake off the Italian in him and if he went back would probably be a better player than at Rovers. As far as I am concerned our midfield is concerned 3 plAyers are automatic. Nzonzi DM, Dunn AM, Emo RM. Grellas place is warming the bench. End of. PlAin, simple and blindingly obvious to a half wit.

well you said it ;)

Well it was fairly obvious by his performance today that he is an asset to our team.

I'm not saying he should start every game but from todays performance he should be pushing for that.

He did get forward today :blink: He had a good half volley that just went wide and he was one of the main players in our counter attacks.

Is there a Grella thread?

Engage brain first super arran:

I apologise. I just don't look for all your posts ;)

Liverpool are a decent team hence the reason we didn't have much of the play in their box but without Torres they are well short of the top of thetop 4 on that performance.

Credit to Grella - his best game in a Rovers shirt. I've slagged him off practically every time I've commented on him but he did well today.

I still dont think Di Santo is that good, certainly not worth more than 4 million.

Not sure on Di Santo. If he keeps missing we should put an offer in. I remember Garner had two nightmare seasons before hitting a 10 year golden streak. The rest of his game is solid if not spectacular but his workrate and layoffs are class.

I apologise. I just don't look for all your posts ;)

No problem and no need to apologise. All I say is that Grella played well today - no doubt. Hope he can keep that up. When people try to argue that he's always been good and today is proof of that, I would differ. That's all.

Are they really supporting the team - what does it do for the moral when the players hear the booing.

Yeah, I know what you mean Al. There's two ways to look at it.

On the Andrews boos, and I dont think they were personally directed at him rather than at the actual substitution.

I didnt boo him although I ridiculed the decision to put him on.

In my opinion, he is the worst player ever to don my clubs shirt in over 39 years and by chrsit have we seen some dollopers through the years.

He ranks amongst the likes of Shepstone P, Diamond A and Curry S as utter dross.

Tiresome and boring for some of you readers out there but you all know, THE TRUTH HURTS.

On the Andrews boos, and I dont think they were personally directed at him rather than at the actual substitution.

In my opinion, he is the worst player ever to don my clubs shirt in over 39 years and by chrsit have we seen some dollopers through the years.

What a comment on a thread about a game in which he only played 15 minutes. Worst player ever in 35 years.You are living in cloud cuckoo land mate. What a tool you are in my opinion.

I don't agree with the booing Alan, but they're not a disgrace to the club. At least they get down there and support the team.

Don't you think the last two Rovers performances were out of Andrew's league though?

Obviously the manager doesn't think so and he is the one that counts. Lets not nit pick on a great week for our team. Besides,very soon Ince will not be our ex manager he wiill be the MK Dons ex manager and our ex ex manager :rolleyes:

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/news/premierleague/generalnews/allardyce-rues-kalinic-miss-133722725.html

Oh dear Hasta, did that comment hurt you for some reason? It is my opinion, if you dont agree with it then at least accept it.

As for the tool comment? Well for me my mate, that just emphasises what an utter clown you must be. Should you not be in bed by now or have the parents let you stay up late coz its Saturday ?

I didnt boo him although I ridiculed the decision to put him on.

Why? We were on the ropes and Liverpool looked like they were going to score. As soon as we brought Andrews on and went five in midfield we regained control and ended up nearly winning the game.

I don't think Sam made a bad decision today. We went for it when Kalinic, Di Santo and Hoilett were all on together but we were rocking terribly.

To be honest, what we saw of Andrews today is what his role at the club should be; it's when he's starting games week after week that we have a problem.

Oh get real, Mokoena only left last season and he was far worse.

Doesn't surprise me that one of our own players got booed before he'd kicked a ball in the game. We have some real morons in our following.

Got to agree, Mokoena is BY FAR the worst midfielder if not player I have ever seen in a Rovers shirt.

No we didnt Le C, we handed the initiative back to Liverpool by relieving the pressure on their own defence.

With two up front we could so easily have nicked a goal. Instead it was left for one forward to chase 4 defenders as Liverpool were intent on playing the ball out from the back.

Oh dear Hasta, did that comment hurt you for some reason? It is my opinion, if you dont agree with it then at least accept it.

As for the tool comment? Well for me my mate, that just emphasises what an utter clown you must be. Should you not be in bed by now or have the parents let you stay up late coz its Saturday ?

Didnt hurt at all. It's just that if you think that Andrews is the worst player in 39 years you obvioulsy have blanked the likes of Lowey, Finnigan Brown, Konde etc.. out of your memory. He hardly even featured today yet you felt the need to criticise because of your obvious bias. He is a poor player but some people, like you, go way overboard in your criticism of him. In my opinion this is because either because you are anti Ince or because we signed him from MK Dons and not some average continental side.

As for the tool comment, it is just my opinion of you based on that comment. In your opinions Andrews is @#/?, in my opinion you are a tool for thinking it. Accept it.

Great defensive midfielders get forward. Souness, Keane even Barry now.

Claude Makelele? Dunga? Marcos Senna?

Keane and Barry are box-to-box players. Grella is a holding midfielder. Chelsea player with a holding player (usually Mikel), Arsenal use Song, Man Utd use Fletcher...it's pretty common place to have a midfielder that doesn't go forward.

I think it's a tad harsh anyway, in the first half he was contributing to the attack. He played a few wonderful cross field balls, and whipped in a dangerous cross from the right hand side.

Archived