BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Racist Chanting By "Rovers Supporters"

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats the difference between calling someone a "paki" and calling someone a "dingle".

Arnt both derogatory terms based on where someone is born/where there from which are associated with hate.

Please someone help me out here :blush:

One's racist and one's funny.

mellison ffs read back a page. I suggested that if Pakistani / Asian were used in that godawful song could that then be deemed offensive too. The only offence then would be the indecent swear words. Maybe you can explain. No fecker else seems able to.

Yes those words would be offensive in that chant (as you say), but (as others seem to interpret) they wouldn't be as offensive as 'Paki' in a 'normal' public setting. Is that helpful?

Whats the difference between calling someone a "paki" and calling someone a "dingle".

Arnt both derogatory terms based on where someone is born/where there from which are associated with hate.

Please someone help me out here :blush:

'Paki' is racist and wrong/associated with hatred. 'Dingle' is not offensive in any way shape or form. It is merely what we call the fans of our rival team/ associated with a sporting rivalry. Anybody who TRULY hates another person for supporting another team needs to get out more.

Odious that the song is this is taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut. By overly concentrating on any perceived racist aspect it seems the associated bad language is deemed acceptable. Which imo is UNacceptable.

I guess they'd have got off scot free and there would be no case to answer if they'd just used the full term 'pakistani'. Certainly no case to answer if they'd used the more common but highly inaccurate term 'asian'.

Just how bloody stupid are we becoming in this country?

Whether they are singing "we hate Pakis" or "We hate Pakistanis" they are being offensive and shouldn't associate with the club I love.

I was just illustrating how you selectively read others' posts to suit your own agenda.

And you have the nerve to accuse me of selectively reading others posts to suit an agenda!!! :lol: Just get off your pedestal and tell us why you don't find the swearing in that chant offensive.

Yes those words would be offensive in that chant (as you say), but (as others seem to interpret) they wouldn't be as offensive as 'Paki' in a 'normal' public setting. Is that helpful?

Hardly. Would it be prosecutable and what would the charge be? As I have said the swearing IS prosecutable but nothing ever gets done. Add the word paki and all hell breaks loose, and now apparently we must chuck the words Pakistani and asian into the same category of being offensive. It's confusing to hell and how the law can hope to deal with it I've no idea.

BUT I am not in what appears the majority on here metaphorically lifting their skirts and jumping on the kitchen table screaming 'mouse' at every opportunity every time somebody mentions anything even slightly risque. Sorry but such behaviour displays a very shallow mind set imo.

And you have the nerve to accuse me of selectively reading others posts to suit an agenda!!! :lol: Just get off your pedestal and tell us why you don't find the swearing in that chant offensive.

You cant really be this stupid, someone would have to stand next to reminding you when to breathe if you were. Clearly the swearing is offennsive, just as clearly the racisim is a criminal offense and that is what this thread is about. Stop playing dumb and trying to muddy the waters irelevant points.

Ah ones banter the other one is offencive... Maybe the people singing the song saw that as "banter"?

I really fail to see how having the word "paki" in a song, not aimed at asians, is seriously that offensive. My "paki" friend seems amused and boggled to it all aswell. <_<

Dingle doesnt have racist or indeed offensive implication. Paki CLEARLY does. While the song's not aimed at Pakistani (or even Asian people) it is implying that they are objects that may be freely raped by the Burnley manager. How anyone can stoop so low is beyond me. (I understand that the last point is a bit jesty, but I can't for the life of me understand the narrow-mindedness of some).

Put it this way: Do you like Nick Griffin's attitude to other races and creeds? If no, you should condemn these racists too. If yes, you don't have any common human decency.

The difference between a football term and a racist term is BLOODY OBVIOUS ffs!

Ah ones banter the other one is offencive... Maybe the people singing the song saw that as "banter"?

I really fail to see how having the word "paki" in a song, not aimed at asians, is seriously that offensive. My "paki" friend seems amused and boggled to it all aswell. <_<

Crikey..... you're not Prince William are you? :lol:

You cant really be this stupid, someone would have to stand next to reminding you when to breathe if you were. Clearly the swearing is offennsive, just as clearly the racisim is a criminal offense and that is what this thread is about. Stop playing dumb and trying to muddy the waters irelevant points.

Sorry but I dunno how to play dumb. I simply leave that to others. :P

As if this is still rumbling on.

Crikey, imagine the uproar if you'd been at Upton park for Inces return, bananas lobbed at his head and constant monkey chants.

Besides, we kind of like Coyle now in a weird screwing the dingles type of way, the chant is no more.

Dingle doesnt have racist or indeed offensive implication. Paki CLEARLY does. While the song's not aimed at Pakistani (or even Asian people) it is implying that they are objects that may be freely raped by the Burnley manager. How anyone can stoop so low is beyond me. (I understand that the last point is a bit jesty, but I can't for the life of me understand the narrow-mindedness of some).

Put it this way: Do you like Nick Griffin's attitude to other races and creeds? If no, you should condemn these racists too. If yes, you don't have any common human decency.

The difference between a football term and a racist term is BLOODY OBVIOUS ffs!

Both are negative terms to describe where a person is from. Yes there is a difference, one is based on race, one is based on what football team a person supports, both can be met with alot of hate on the streets and in the stands.

Racism is unacceptable clearly but boozed up fans don't think about what the sing/do too much, i doubt many of the people who sing this go kicking the ###### out of asians or goto bnp rallies. No doubt they see it as 'banter' and a laugh but people go on like these are hardcore nazi's, things have gone way OTT.

Both are negative terms to describe where a person is from. Yes there is a difference, one is based on race, one is based on what football team a person supports, both can be met with alot of hate on the streets and in the stands.

Racism is unacceptable clearly but boozed up fans don't think about what the sing/do too much, i doubt many of the people who sing this go kicking the ###### out of asians or goto bnp rallies. No doubt they see it as 'banter' and a laugh but people go on like these are hardcore nazi's, things have gone way OTT.

They may as well be Nazi's as far as I'm concerned. And dingle doesn't describe where someone's from at all! I know a German who's a Burnley fan (cue jokes). He clearly isn't from Burnley. It describes TEAM SUPPORT and is meant in terms of friendly rivalry, not hatred. And as I've said, if you hate someone for supporting another team, you should be in a mental institute.

"one is based on what football team a person supports"

Im sure i just said that <_< .

"It describes TEAM SUPPORT and is meant in terms of friendly rivalry, not hatred."

So a group of Burnley fans have never kicked the ###### out of a Blackburn fan and vice-versa?

"And as I've said, if you hate someone for supporting another team, you should be in a mental institute."

Very true in a ideal world, but we don't live in one of those...

"one is based on what football team a person supports"

Im sure i just said that <_< .

"It describes TEAM SUPPORT and is meant in terms of friendly rivalry, not hatred."

So a group of Burnley fans have never kicked the ###### out of a Blackburn fan and vice-versa?

"And as I've said, if you hate someone for supporting another team, you should be in a mental institute."

Very true in a ideal world, but we don't live in one of those...

You also said it describes where someone comes from.

Me and my dad are examples of victims but we know it was a select few.

Select few is a massive understatement, there are a hell of alot, just luck at the trouble which surrounds most derby games.

And there are plenty out there who as soon as they say their from Burnley think Dingle.

Racism is bad, but it happens because we don't live in an ideal world and no matter how much wagging of fingers and people slapped with banning orders things not change.

Select few is a massive understatement, there are a hell of alot, just luck at the trouble which surrounds most derby games.

And there are plenty out there who as soon as they say their from Burnley think Dingle.

Racism is bad, but it happens because we don't live in an ideal world and no matter how much wagging of fingers and people slapped with banning orders things not change.

Yes, but what about the many Blackburn fans who are friends with Burnley fans in the REAL world? I would wager there are far more friendships than 'hatred'

Only because nothing concrete has been done as of yet.

Let’s make the Dingle sorry Burnley game the new 'Friendly Derby', we can all get half and half scarves, sit together and reminisce about old times like when those blummin rascals were lobbing the Darwen End roof about.

Life's not a bed of roses, its bloody nasty out there, you cannot sanitise football, like you can't with life.

Let’s make the Dingle sorry Burnley game the new 'Friendly Derby', we can all get half and half scarves, sit together and reminisce about old times like when those blummin rascals were lobbing the Darwen End roof about.

Hey thats a thought! How about half BRFC and half Bolton Wanderers scarves? :rover:

Were all Nazi's racist?

Hell no! Invasion, murder, torture, political imprisonment and state murder... genocide even! But I can assure you they certainly perpetrated nothing as bad as the particular brand of racism carried out by these two!

All the nazi's ire was directed mainly against jews, gypo's and the like so thats quite alright. Good heavens... the entire German nation would still be living in sackcloth and ashes and flogged daily if any of their victims had been from east of Iran and they had used a simple abbreviation for their country of origin! :o

Not quite right 'drog.

The Nazis hove to aryan superiority based on the following premiss:

a race is a group of human beings which, breeding true, distinguishes itself from its neighbours by hereditary physical and mental traits;

the psychic traits, possessed by the various races, differ qualitatively;

in almost all mental traits the Nordic Race (tall, slender, fair-skinned, blond, blue-eyed, leptoprosopic (narrow-faced), leptorrhine (narrow-nosed), dolichocephalic is superior.

Eventually, "Mediterraneans" were added as being aryan because of the Ancient Greeks and Romans.

The reality is that numerically, Slavic people lost by far the most dead as a result of the Nazis.

Oh and they weren't terribly keen on gingers either.

Archived