BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Racist Chanting By "Rovers Supporters"

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading this thread I'm absolutley shocked at you small town, small minded blue and white bigots. angry.gif

Why doesn't someone ban this ****, he brings nothing to the party whatsoever.

Or maybe we could threaten to ring his boss again, that got rid of him last time I recall.

Muppet

yep - and replace it with the 'Smoking in the toilets issue' as there seems to be more far guilty of this illegal practice than periodic song that was fun to only a minimum of naive ignoramuses and will fade away quicker than you think.

Funny how quick the club are to act upon the debateable, although stupid and moronic song than something which actually is illegal

yep - and replace it with the 'Smoking in the toilets issue' as there seems to be more far guilty of this illegal practice than periodic song that was fun to only a minimum of naive ignoramuses and will fade away quicker than you think.

Funny how quick the club are to act upon the debateable, although stupid and moronic song than something which actually is illegal

Actually singing that song is illegal as well. But the club are also doing something about smoking in the toilets. It was raised at this week's Fans Forum and the club said they were aware of the problem which apparently has got worse lately. They have had extra stewards in the toilets in the Blackburn End at recent games and there have been a lot more announcements on the tannoy and big screen

Actually singing that song is illegal as well. But the club are also doing something about smoking in the toilets. It was raised at this week's Fans Forum and the club said they were aware of the problem which apparently has got worse lately. They have had extra stewards in the toilets in the Blackburn End at recent games and there have been a lot more announcements on the tannoy and big screen

Glad smoking has been brought up.

Why does'nt the club provide open areas for smokers, surely both sides of the Riverside could be utilised with better use to suit the smokers?( I'm a non smoker)

Why does'nt the club provide open areas for smokers, surely both sides of the Riverside could be utilised with better use to suit the smokers?( I'm a non smoker)

I believe the major issue relating to most of the stands is the license dealing with readmission (notwithstanding the difficulties that the current design of Ewood would give to facilitating it).

Extra stewards in the Blackburn End toilets? That just isn't true (certainly not at half time).

agreed on that, though i heard there were steward in the toilets last week.

Replace "in the toilets" with "stood in the way of people trying to get out of the toilets" and youd be correct.

They have clearly taken a decision not to enforce the no smoking restrictions, regardless of the official line. I can understand why as well, clearly onto a hiding to nothing by trying.

Replace "in the toilets" with "stood in the way of people trying to get out of the toilets" and youd be correct.

They have clearly taken a decision not to enforce the no smoking restrictions, regardless of the official line. I can understand why as well, clearly onto a hiding to nothing by trying.

Should have the same system as Villa and have smoke detectors with a loud voice saying 'Put your cigarette out...etc'. It worked! Guy who lit up in the toilets at Villa did a disappearing act dropping more than half his fag into the urinal.

I believe the major issue relating to most of the stands is the license dealing with readmission (notwithstanding the difficulties that the current design of Ewood would give to facilitating it).

Extra stewards in the Blackburn End toilets? That just isn't true (certainly not at half time).

Rovers should speak to Coventry City FC about how they make allownaces for smokers or any other club for that matter who accomodate smokers.

You can smoke anywhere inside the ground, including all the open areas around the Riverside so that wouldn't work. The club have considered allowing people out into an area outside the stadium but have decided against it.

The stewards in the Blackburn end toilets were there for the Fulham game, not before, in response to complaints about a rise in smoking recently.

You can smoke anywhere inside the ground, including all the open areas around the Riverside so that wouldn't work. The club have considered allowing people out into an area outside the stadium but have decided against it.

The stewards in the Blackburn end toilets were there for the Fulham game, not before, in response to complaints about a rise in smoking recently.

If they are going to attempt to stop it, then attempt to stop it properly. One steward stood outside the entrance is not going to make a spot of difference - and it didnt. Nor does John Newsham stood next to the bar area keeping an eye out.

It might be easier of course if the ques didnt stretch into the concourse now as the previous way of flowing round was removed a summer or two ago.....

the other night while at villa park, i thought that chant directed at gabby agbonlahor, was nothing short of a disgrace, and i think for the first time, i was embarrassed to be a rovers fan that night, thanks to (i hope) a minority of dickheads in the away section.

The 'Your Mum's a whore' one? :blink:

the other night while at villa park, i thought that chant directed at gabby agbonlahor, was nothing short of a disgrace, and i think for the first time, i was embarrassed to be a rovers fan that night, thanks to (i hope) a minority of dickheads in the away section.

Come on blueboy, the racism issue is one thing but calling the Agbonlahor chant a 'disgrace' seems a bit OTT, especially from a long term football fan like yourself. Terrace banter has always been edgy and you have to expect SOME chanting that sits uneasy with you or you'd never get through the turnstyle. Football hasnt become totally sanitised, nor should it.

Sir Ranulf Westwood MBE and Burnley legend Andrew Porter are sat here amused by this thread, well done.

I suppose you`ll be telling Mr Porter what the words say & mean :wstu:

Rovers should speak to Coventry City FC about how they make allownaces for smokers or any other club for that matter who accomodate smokers.

indeed, Birmingham City is another club who allow smokers to use an outside area behind the stand.

As for the situation at Ewood, I said that it would not work 18 months or so ago... and I was right... the reason that the ban isn't ignored elsewhere is because you are free to exit and enter as you wish where-as at most football grounds if someone wants a fag they will find somewhere to do so no matter how much people say "can you not go 2hrs without etc..."

Archived