BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Racist Chanting By "Rovers Supporters"

Not quite right 'drog.

The Nazis hove to aryan superiority based on the following premiss:

a race is a group of human beings which, breeding true, distinguishes itself from its neighbours by hereditary physical and mental traits;

the psychic traits, possessed by the various races, differ qualitatively;

in almost all mental traits the Nordic Race (tall, slender, fair-skinned, blond, blue-eyed, leptoprosopic (narrow-faced), leptorrhine (narrow-nosed), dolichocephalic is superior.

Eventually, "Mediterraneans" were added as being aryan because of the Ancient Greeks and Romans.

The reality is that numerically, Slavic people lost by far the most dead as a result of the Nazis.

Oh and they weren't terribly keen on gingers either.

In my best Heath Ledger....... "Why... so....serious?" :lol:

BTW .... Are you certain? There are references to 'aryan' all over the place. Iran seems to be the original area of origin hence the name.

http://www.answers.com/topic/aryan

Also I was under the impression that the greatest loss of lives during WW2 were the Russians. :huh:

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were all Nazi's racist?

I haven't read very far back on this theme so am I missing something? Since racism was at the very core of Nazi theology ie that some races were inescapably inferior by birth------yes they were, as racist as it is humanly possible to be.

But what the hell is this stuff doing on a Rovers messageboard?

Yes those words would be offensive in that chant (as you say), but (as others seem to interpret) they wouldn't be as offensive as 'Paki' in a 'normal' public setting. Is that helpful?

'Paki' is racist and wrong/associated with hatred. 'Dingle' is not offensive in any way shape or form. It is merely what we call the fans of our rival team/ associated with a sporting rivalry. Anybody who TRULY hates another person for supporting another team needs to get out more.

I tend to disagree here, we are described as Poms by the aussies, brits or english by others, Germans have been described as Krauts, French as froggies!!

I know some great Indian people who object to being called Asian as it is too general a term, if we are to go down these routes, we must never be called English and be called Europeans instead!! Pakistan have a cricket team, Asia dont, get my point here and Paki to me is only an abbreviation of the word Pakistani so whats so offensive and why is Paki considered to be racist and Pakistani is not? Years ago, we had the Golly on the jam jars, no one who bought the product or indeed collected the badges related those to black people,

yet the PC brigade took over, the same thing with Nursery Rhymes such as Ba Ba Black sheep, kids never sang the Rhyme with racist thoughts, its part of our language and why should we change our vocabulary to suit other people!!

Personally, I object strongly to the word Jihad (Holy war) how can something holy or sacred (look it up in the dictionary) ever be a war, killing etc. sacred is something to keep, to be revered!! perhaps we should outlaw that word too, but no, the PC brigade have a unilateral way of thinking!! Neither I nor my associates (many of whom are from different cultures) believe that to describe someone by their origin, abbreviated or not, should not be deemed offensive, or where do we move from here, cant call someone a Jock, Paddy, Taff??

Its part of OUR culture and language!!

I know some great Indian people who object to being called Asian as it is too general a term,

No bloody suprise is it Kelbo? Through our very own brand of pc stupidity, finely tuned over many years the word 'asian' is now totally synonymous with people from Pakistan. In fact it's come to replace it totally in the minds of many shallow thinkers.... and if there is one thing that most Indians absolutely hate being referred to, and with a vengeance it is pakistani!

So chasing the logic through.

Question for the PC brigade........ Are Indians therefore being racist in holding this opinion?

:rock::blink:

So if we were allowed to call Pakistanis "pakis", then Indians wouldn't be offended by being called "asians"?

Huh?

"Asian" is synonymous with "pakistani" in the minds of the easily confused, and I don't think it's got anything to do with Indians not wanting to be called "asian".

It's like me saying that I don't want to be called "European" because it's a synonym for being german. Nothing of the sort, I identify as English/ British and not European, and it's not asking for the earth to refer to me as British.

"Asian" is synonymous with "pakistani" in the minds of the easily confused, and I don't think it's got anything to do with Indians not wanting to be called "asian".

Live in the real world pal, Indians hate being associated with Pakistan!! trust me, I have lots of Indian friends, good human beings, better think again you are wrong!

We have got too PC in this country, to many silly 'do gooders' they want kicking out (the PC and do gooders)

I will end with this question and look forward to the answer, we have a black Police association, a Gay Police association, guess what, no white Police association!! I wonder why??

Did anybody hear the Liverpool fans chanting at an Everton player today? :huh:

I think it was aimed at Yakubu. I cannot remember the exact chant but they were calling him "a fat paki" :blink:

They sang it on several occasions & could be heard very clearly on the telly.

I thought the Kop was supposed to be a wonderous place full of humour & wit? :huh: Shame the commentators didn`t pick up on the racist chanting from the best fans in the world......but with it being Liverpool FC, nothing will be said about it.

COYB!!!

I think considering what has gone on with Rovers fans today we should concentrate on getting out own house in order before others

I`m commenting on another subject.

There`s another thread for what happened at the game today.

20%? Wait for the next census.

The Asian population of Blackburn have been saying 'stuff Rovers' for 40 years, though in my 20 years going down Ewood I have never heard racist chanting. As I have said time and again, the vast majority 'support' Man United/Liverpool. Any Asian Roverite on here would certainly back me up on that point.

And AlanK get a grip!

You were saying????

As it happened I did take her to that match and she enjoyed it. However, with the scum following our team and football in general, players about to get another rise from yet another new TV deal we are sticking to spending our money at Silverstone and Wimbledon.

I`d prefer pay a fiver to watch a lower league local team try and play good football with a friendly following than the @#/? Rovers serve up with the chavs we have in the stand. Totally lost interest. Used to travel thousands of miles a year driving up to Ewood from Oxford. I`ve watched tonights highlights and I still couldn`t even name the 11 who started. No idea who we play next and do not care.

You were saying????

As it happened I did take her to that match and she enjoyed it. However, with the scum following our team and football in general, players about to get another rise from yet another new TV deal we are sticking to spending our money at Silverstone and Wimbledon.

I`d prefer pay a fiver to watch a lower league local team try and play good football with a friendly following than the @#/? Rovers serve up with the chavs we have in the stand. Totally lost interest. Used to travel thousands of miles a year driving up to Ewood from Oxford. I`ve watched tonights highlights and I still couldn`t even name the 11 who started. No idea who we play next and do not care.

You must care as you wouldn't come on to this message board, let alone post comments. But I think we are all disgusted at the wages players get - but we can do nothing about it.

Archived