BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Racist Chanting By "Rovers Supporters"

Yes but you failed to retract your statement and only attempted to damage the forum posters name further more. Should # be found innocent then I'd expect an apology on here for your tarnishing of his reputation.

The song is horrible and disgusting but it does appear to be kids and young lads that are the cause of it. Calling them racists etc only seeks to label them into the same group as Nazis an other right wing groups which is way over the top.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest andrewpickup

Yes but you failed to retract your statement and only attempted to damage the forum posters name further more. Should # be found innocent then I'd expect an apology on here for your tarnishing of his reputation.

The song is horrible and disgusting but it does appear to be kids and young lads that are the cause of it. Calling them racists etc only seeks to label them into the same group as Nazis an other right wing groups which is way over the top.

ill apologise now for considering the individual that was wrong of me.

however your second point. racism is racism, no exceptions

For Mr. Pickup - unfortunately I did not see your comments; but I saw a reference of "no smoke without fire". After my friend found out about my arresst he wrote me this character reference:

"To Whom it may Concern,

I am writing this letter as a personal reference for Mr. C*** C******-M*****.

I have known Mr. xxxxxxxxxxx in a social capacity for over 17 years since getting to know him during my very first years at primary school. I consider him to be one of my closest friends and know him to be honest, reliable, mature, respectful and courteous.

Being of a mixed Indian and African descent myself, I was shocked to learn of the accusations brought against him. I find it quite absurd to hear this, as I have never known him to make such comments, nor have I ever heard from anybody else that he has made such comments.

I trust that the information provided will be of assistance and I will be happy to provide further information, if required.

Yours sincerely,

I**** Rifai"

I hope this clears up any misunderstading for you.

Guest andrewpickup

Have just messaged him.

AndrewPickup, your original comments have been edited, but we all know what you said.

You're bang out of order, there's definitely a snide side to you and this isn't the first time it's come out.

im bang out of order for condemning racism? this is two days on, i apologised straight away for suggesting it was personal which it was not.

snide? im not snide? how am i snide?

westwood, you do yourself no favours, maybe there are some biggots on here but the majority are not and point scoring on such a subject is pathetic

For Mr. Pickup - unfortunately I did not see your comments; but I saw a reference of "no smoke without fire". After my friend found out about my arresst he wrote me this character reference:

"To Whom it may Concern,

I am writing this letter as a personal reference for Mr. C*** C******-M*****.

I have known Mr. xxxxxxxxxxx in a social capacity for over 17 years since getting to know him during my very first years at primary school. I consider him to be one of my closest friends and know him to be honest, reliable, mature, respectful and courteous.

Being of a mixed Indian and African descent myself, I was shocked to learn of the accusations brought against him. I find it quite absurd to hear this, as I have never known him to make such comments, nor have I ever heard from anybody else that he has made such comments.

I trust that the information provided will be of assistance and I will be happy to provide further information, if required.

Yours sincerely,

I**** Rifai"

I hope this clears up any misunderstading for you.

yeah very good, if you are innocent then obviously i hope our justice system deals with you appropriately

im bang out of order for condemning racism? this is two days on, i apologised straight away for suggesting it was personal which it was not.

snide? im not snide? how am i snide?

westwood, you do yourself no favours, maybe there are some biggots on here but the majority are not and point scoring on such a subject is pathetic

yeah very good, if you are innocent then obviously i hope our justice system deals with you appropriately

Poor choice of words lad! ;)

oh for goodness sake. I was trying to be as ambiguous as possible.

good luck to the lad.

You would be well advised to leave this thread alone from now on. You dug yourself a massive hole and have been digging ever since.

As for racism at Rovers, we have a few numpties but I wonder which club doesn't have? Fortunately we haven't heard the song away at Rovers for a few games now. I still think raising the profile of the 'Kick It Out' campaign can't do any harm.

Oh, Sri Ronalf, before you come on here spouting take a look at your club.

Guest andrewpickup

You would be well advised to leave this thread alone from now on. You dug yourself a massive hole and have been digging ever since.

As for racism at Rovers, we have a few numpties but I wonder which club doesn't have? Fortunately we haven't heard the song away at Rovers for a few games now. I still think raising the profile of the 'Kick It Out' campaign can't do any harm.

Oh, Sri Ronalf, before you come on here spouting take a look at your club.

you would be well advised not to advise me what to do

I appreciate that I was wrong to criticise an individual but i was quick to ammend that.

I do maintain that i hope anyone who is GUILTY is dealt with severely. Its at other clubs im sure but my concern is my own club

Guest andrewpickup

Why? That sounds like an implied threat to me btw. Read what I wrote, you dug yourself a hole and you're doing it again.

you can think that for all i care, im not digging a hole at all. its a subject that is VERY close and personal to me and I am likely to be emotional about it, I went off at first, but ive apologised and even wished them the best. For that reason Im quite fine without your advice thanks< ive dealt with related horrific things and ill deal with this now

you can think that for all i care, im not digging a hole at all. its a subject that is VERY close and personal to me and I am likely to be emotional about it, I went off at first, but ive apologised and even wished them the best. For that reason Im quite fine without your advice thanks< ive dealt with related horrific things and ill deal with this now

Nobody here knows what you've been through. Nobody knows you. How do you expect other people to respond when you admit you 'went off' at someone who is, after all, innocent until proven guilty. You've continued to respond in an emotive and, frankly, extremely rude tone to everyone who has tried to resonably have a conversation with you. So you feel strongly about this sort of thing? So do I and so do a lot of Rovers fans. I don't want this clubs name tarnished because of a few moronic individuals who chant something they think it funny but most probably don't know the real impact of what they say. If the club can get rid of that element I will be much happier. Meanwhile, please wind your neck in. Nobody here is your enemy.

Guest andrewpickup

Nobody here knows what you've been through. Nobody knows you. How do you expect other people to respond when you admit you 'went off' at someone who is, after all, innocent until proven guilty. You've continued to respond in an emotive and, frankly, extremely rude tone to everyone who has tried to resonably have a conversation with you. So you feel strongly about this sort of thing? So do I and so do a lot of Rovers fans. I don't want this clubs name tarnished because of a few moronic individuals who chant something they think it funny but most probably don't know the real impact of what they say. If the club can get rid of that element I will be much happier. Meanwhile, please wind your neck in. Nobody here is your enemy.

I dont expect anyone to know about my darkness, I explain it to 'excuse' if you will my initial attitude. ive not been particularly rude, however its not a subject i want to silverline either, and suggesting i wind my kneck in is not approriate, far too casual.

lets leave it now eh. i thought i had

I dont expect anyone to know about my darkness, I explain it to 'excuse' if you will my initial attitude. ive not been particularly rude, however its not a subject i want to silverline either, and suggesting i wind my kneck in is not approriate, far too casual.

lets leave it now eh. i thought i had

You really haven't read what I said have you? Nobody expects you to silverline anything. You HAVE been rude. Extremely rude in some cases. I've sat here and watched you blow up at people for no real reason. Winding your neck in is in relation to how you respond to others not how you feel about racism. Does that make sense now?

Guest andrewpickup

Sir Ranulf Westwood MBE and Burnley legend Andrew Porter are sat here amused by this thread, well done.

well you do display a hilarious sense of humour

• Backroom

Sir Ranulf Westwood MBE and Burnley legend Andrew Porter are sat here amused by this thread, well done.

The former is also a tosser of the highest order

Guest andrewpickup

You really haven't read what I said have you? Nobody expects you to silverline anything. You HAVE been rude. Extremely rude in some cases. I've sat here and watched you blow up at people for no real reason. Winding your neck in is in relation to how you respond to others not how you feel about racism. Does that make sense now?

ive read every word, im just glad you are here to police the internet. Now move on and leave this , you are being rather tedious.

Archived