BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Racist Chanting By "Rovers Supporters"

Cletus I keep re-iterating that pakistan, pakistani, or any shortened version is not racist in itself nor ever should be. It is offensive in this chavvy song of course ... along with a munber of other words and suggestions, but please don't put misplaced political correctness before grammatical and factual correctness.

Using the term 'P word' instead of the above is basically reducing the correct name of that country to a rude or banned word and imo I'm sure is highly offensive in itself to someone from that country.

Your argument is so flawed that I can only imagine that you're some kind of moron for whom there is no hope. But I'll bite anyway...

First of all, it is not up to you to decide what other people may or may not find offensive. Comprende?

The word 'Paki' has derogatory connotations. If it was used to refer solely to those of Pakistani origin then you may have a semblance of a point. But it isn't. In fact it is a racist term used to paint those of South Asian and Arab origin with the same dirty brush. Much like the word 'Nigger' is typically not used to refer to those hail from Niger, but as a racist slur against those with African American roots.

Secondly, don't start all this 'grammatical and factual correctness' malarkey since you were clearly educated in the stone ages before the English language had developed into the wonderful tool of rhetoric that it is today.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nor is it up to you to decide. Therefore by using your yardstick I shall completely disregard your post.

Not once did I ever claim that it was. Read my post and reply properly or don't bother at all.

Anyway, your rebuttal provides further proof that you are indeed an imbecile. You seek the most pedantic flaws in other peoples arguments and use these flaws to disregard perfectly sensible trails of thought which contradict your own pig-headed views.

You know what, I don't think I can be bothered to further my involvement in this discussion. I leave you on this note; in my opinion, if somebody uses or defends the use of the word 'Paki' in modern society then they are either ignorant or racist. In your case, it has been explained on several occasions that those of South Asian and Arab origins object to being called 'Paki's' and why this may be the case. Therefore you cannot cry ignorance, which means that in my opinion you can only be one other thing...

I certainly didn't hear the song tonight. I presume they're a bit flummoxed by what name to use now Coyle's gone.

It was sung on the concourse loudly before the game but not on the ground itself. About 20 of them

The police had a word eventually, thankfully. But, no arrests for the song

• Backroom

No what I mean is people are hardly going to be up in arms over a word they've never heard nor can distinguish from the rest of the language.

My ex girlfriends brother told me what it meant years ago so have heard it quite a few times since and no its not nice

According to this it's not derogatory SAS. Look it's all here in err..err.. black and white. ;)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gora

Personally I couldn't care less but I suppose many whites might be offended. No doubt our posse of pc ponces will come galloping over the hill be able to find some reason to defend it's usage.

:rolleyes:

According to this it's not derogatory SAS. Look it's all here in err..err.. black and white. ;)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gora

Personally I couldn't care less but I suppose many whites might be offended. No doubt our posse of pc ponces will come galloping over the hill be able to find some reason to defend it's usage.

:rolleyes:

Look at number three.

For the record it doesnt bother me one bit, what bothers me is double standards.

On a side note, why is the use of the words gori and gora not frowned upon in a similar manner?

I get quite offended when I hear these words, well the word gora in particular.

I'd never heard of them so can only go on the definition I found on Google which suggests they are not derogatory. The whole point behind words which are derogatory or offensive is the historical and / or modern context. There is little doubt if a white British person refers to someone as a Paki, nigger etc the user is being at best insulting and at worst racist. "You're just a town full of Pakis" is hardly meant as a compliment.

Its meant in exactly the same way paul. Paki is a word to describe an asian person.

Gora, gori is used to describe a male or female from UK or USA.

Not that I`m defending the use of either. I`m just pointing out the little difference the two meanings have.

Its meant in exactly the same way paul. Paki is a word to describe an asian person.

Not that I`m defending the use of either. I`m just pointing out the little difference the two meanings have.

Is gora/gori spoken as an offensive word though? (genuinely asking)

BTW, paki is not a word to describe an Asian person - at least not in the way that you're saying. Not all Asians are from Pakistan.

Is gora/gori spoken as an offensive word though? (genuinely asking)

BTW, paki is not a word to describe an Asian person - at least not in the way that you're saying. Not all Asians are from Pakistan.

I get that, and not all white people are from UK/USA :!:

The only times Ive heard the word it is yes.

All those three words are unacceptable to me.

Bloody hell talk about taking a quote out of context.

Your making it sound as if though that is my belief.

I aint even going to bother replying on this thread again when people are going to get outraged at such a thing, without reading a full post or reading the whole page, considering you probably call a traveller a gypsy, make jokes about scousers, blondes etc. :wstu:

Unreal, only in Britain is flying the flag seen as a sign of racist tendencies.

Before you say 'well it's the symbol of racist groups', all such groups worldwide give prominence to their national flag.

This national self loathing is pathetic.

Archived