BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Racist Chanting By "Rovers Supporters"

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't call it racist, I'd call it more nationalist. While the party itself isn't 'racist', many of it's members ARE and are a disgrace to humanity. If they gain any power, I see another Hitler situation.

I know, i was just making the point that they are not racist and for the gentleman to call me ludicrious is somewhat unfounded as his knowledge is simply wrong.

why have you brought up the bnp?

we are supposed to be discussing racist chanting

I just wanted to correct people, and let them know that it is the individual rather than the party.

I know, i was just making the point that they are not racist and for the gentleman to call me ludicrious is somewhat unfounded as his knowledge is simply wrong.

I just wanted to correct people, and let them know that it is the individual rather than the party.

They state that they do not allow ethnic minorities to join. Is that racist enough for you? The party is racist, made up of racists and does very little to hide either.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6562075.ece

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/663ee9f6-b995-11de-a747-00144feab49a.html?nclick_check=1

These are the just first two articles i found. I know what you're trying to say but please stop. They're scum and so are those who support them.

Well said sir.

why do you have to be muslim to be offended?

It is more likely to affect people who AREN'T of that racial origin. EG: If a comedian makes a joke about people in wheelchairs during a gig, you will more likely get more walk-outs than wheel-outs. Don't know why, but it's a very interesting psychological phenomenon. I think people don't wish to be associated with offensive people MORE than they don't want to be PERSONALLY offended.

• Backroom

perhaps we could give out song sheets on entry, that are acceptable to everyone there, or who might be watching on TV. We might get away with a loud Hooray when we score

What are you going on about?

Are you trying to say that because people are ###### off about some scumbags singing racist hate filled songs that its over the top?

Apologise for my inaccurate comment about Muslims not clebrating Christmas. I stated that because of a conversation I had, ironically with a taxi driver in Darwen, who said most Muslims do not celebrate Christmas, but respect other religious festivals. I therefore presumed that was a general attitude.

No problem mate, I was aiming anything at you, I simply wanted to add to what was being said :xmas:

100% true.

The only point here is singing 'paki' is absolutely and utterly unacceptable, especially in the derogatory context it is used, and the vast number of fans find it shameful that a small minority are doing it.

There is nothing to defend, there is nothing to excuse, and the way it is going to end is either the people concerned stop or they are banned. There is no alternative, the only question is whether the reputation of the club is utterly ruined before either conclusion is reached.

So the reputation of the club is enhanced by the C word being sung? (I think that was the original point that aesf was making before so many fluffy bandwagon jumpers appeared.) I notice as a generalisation that the younger element don't seem to see any offence in that? OR MORE PERTINENTLY they don't seem to notice that the entire song is puerile, offensive, ignorant, boorish and downright embarrassing. How any of the numpties can think it is even slightly humerous baffles me but illustrates the quality of some of our fans. It's entire content makes me squirm.

btw the closets certainly emptying now.

So the reputation of the club is enhanced by the C word being sung? (I think that was the original point that aesf was making before so many fluffy bandwagon jumpers appeared.) I notice as a generalisation that the younger element don't seem to see any offence in that? OR MORE PERTINENTLY they don't seem to notice that the entire song is puerile, offensive, ignorant, boorish and downright embarrassing. How any of the numpties can think it is even slightly humerous baffles me but illustrates the quality of some of our fans. It's entire content makes me squirm.

Nope, of course it isn't. However the damage that causes to the club is miniscule compared to what openly racist chanting can cause if the press pick up and run with it. I am sure a few journos will have read this site or at Wigan and will be peeling their ears come the next home game.

Nope, of course it isn't. However the damage that causes to the club is miniscule compared to what openly racist chanting can cause if the press pick up and run with it. I am sure a few journos will have read this site or at Wigan and will be peeling their ears come the next home game.

If Rovers don't sort it out it certainly will get publicized to the media and then they will really have to pull their finger and do something about it.

Most pointless thread i've ever read. We sing about Burnley/Manchester/The South in a deragatory way, this is no different, yet you dont get people going wild about that claiming Rovers fans are a bunch of idiots etc, the people who are singing it mean it in the exact same way when they sing about Burnley, they probably have friends from there etc, like they probabaly also have asian friends, get over it, the only way it will be made a big deal by the media and the club is if we keep going on about it over the top like we are doing now. It's 1 word in 1 song and if people have nothing better to do than complain about it then its a sad state of affairs

Archived