BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Racist Chanting By "Rovers Supporters"

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not condoning anything. One can never defend the indefensible but I'm merely pointing out that the white trash on the BBurn end who sing these songs are having resentment handed to em on a plate. A £5 taxi ride rising to £10 cos it's Christmas is a big issue for many people. Point being that Christmas is just another day and another dollar for muslims. They should really be happy with the increased business without taking the mickey.

To a muslim, christmas is just another day. They do not celebrate it. They also do not choose their customers - a person has a choice where to shop. Taxi's even if driven by non-muslim people will charge more on christmas day - I would. But that applies to any bank holiday. If I have to work any bank holiday, I charge double bubble. My attitude is that I am giving up my bank holiday for your sake (whoever the customer is) People pay it - rather than wait for the next day for the job to be done.

To a muslim, christmas is just another day. They do not celebrate it. They also do not choose their customers - a person has a choice where to shop. Taxi's even if driven by non-muslim people will charge more on christmas day - I would. But that applies to any bank holiday. If I have to work any bank holiday, I charge double bubble. My attitude is that I am giving up my bank holiday for your sake (whoever the customer is) People pay it - rather than wait for the next day for the job to be done.

Just like to say that as a Muslim I DO celebrate christmas, granted I dont have a christmas tree but do have a nice turkey meal at lunch and celebrate it as its the birth of christ (Isa in Islam), I know quite a few who do celebrate it too.

I'm not condoning anything. One can never defend the indefensible but I'm merely pointing out that the white trash on the BBurn end who sing these songs are having resentment handed to em on a plate. A £5 taxi ride rising to £10cos it's Christmas is a big issue for many people. Point being that Christmas is just another day and another dollar for muslims. They should really be happy with the increased business without taking the mickey.

Gordon, BwD council`s private hire rules state EVERY taxi should have a 'fares table' on display on the dashboard. It shows how much per 10th of a mile. If you feel you`ve been overcharged, take the drivers number (it`s on the side of the car) then ring the taxi firm. If you get no joy, you can complain to the licensing office at the town hall. They won`t get you your money back, but the driver in question will be hauled in & asked to explain his actions. He/she could end up having their license taken away......thus losing their job.

Gordon, BwD council`s private hire rules state EVERY taxi should have a 'fares table' on display on the dashboard. It shows how much per 10th of a mile. If you feel you`ve been overcharged, take the drivers number (it`s on the side of the car) then ring the taxi firm. If you get no joy, you can complain to the licensing office at the town hall. They won`t get you your money back, but the driver in question will be hauled in & asked to explain his actions. He/she could end up having their license taken away......thus losing their job.

I have to get a receipt for virtually every taxi I get work ask that the taxi's license plate is printed on it - by force of habit I therefore ask at all times for the same thing, its only very rare that people get suspicious about this. And Ive only had one person change the fare!

Anyway, there are few places where a discussion about distasteful behaviour can turn into a thread about muslims.

the BBurn end who sing these songs are having resentment handed to em on a plate.

Just as during the fuel crisis of 2000, when lorry drivers and farmers blockaded oil facilities, there were reports on this website from several different people that there was a big sign at an Asian petrol station saying "PETROL FOR ASIANS ONLY".

I suppose the Asians look after their own and stick up for their own community. The whites don't and denigrate each other with terms like "white trash" - when some of the people using such terminolgy wouldn't dream of using derogatory terms about Asians or blacks, but feel it's acceptable to attack members of their own white community.

This doesn't excuse the Owen Coyle chants, which as I've already said, I object to mostly for the use of the four-letter 'C' word, which can be offensive when elderly people, women and children are present.

If the chant was "Coyle s___ white trash" instead of "Coyle s____ Pakis", I doubt that there would be arrests by the police or lifetime bans dished out. There wouldn't be such a fuss made. But the double standards that exist in our society mean that it's more acceptable to use derogatory words about whites.

Demographic research from Manchester University has predicted that by 2019 the white population will be in a minority in Leicester - the first British city where the white population finds itself in a minority. This will then be followed five years later in 2024 by Birmingham which will also become a white minority city.

No doubt this is a situation which will spread to a number of towns and cities across Britain later this century - the point I am making being that whites will be the ethnic minority soon in certain towns and cities, but will the authorities stand up for the minority whites in the way they are currently doing for the ethnic minority Asians? I have my doubts. I'm sure that calling somebody a white barsteward will remain more acceptable in liberal society than calling someone a black barsteward - even though as I've said, the whites will soon be in a minority in certain large towns and cities.

Is this fair? No, but as Bruce Hornsby once sang "That's just the way it is" - and in the 21st century it will be the whites who will just have to lump it.

As for the word "Paki", it's a word that's been used by royalty. So if Blackburn Rovers are going to start dishing out lifetime bans for fans using the word, can John Williams also announce that Prince Harry will be banned for life from ever attending a game at Ewood Park.

A copper did come up at half time asking some people questions.

And yet if your house has been burgled, PC Plod is usually far too busy to attend. Indeed a family who made a desperate 999 call for a man brandishing an axe in their house were kept waiting for hours by police who were "too busy to help". (See the link HERE)

If you say a naughty word about Asians though, PC Plod has plenty of time on his hands to ask questions. (It's more politically acceptable though to arrest football fans than to arrest a member of the Royal Family.)

The tens of thousands of Man United fans who offensively chant that Arsene Wenger is a paedophile don't get arrested, but if they made a chant about Wenger and the Asian community they would face being arrested. If the chant about Wenger used derogatory terms about white people, it's unlikely the fans would face arrest.

That's just the way it is. But as long as liberal society defends double standards, then the sense of unfairness and injustice will continue.

There is good and bad in every group. Thankfully the bad are in a minority no matter how much their behaviour irritates or attempts to be provocative. I am sure the club will sort out this moronic chanting. Hopefully by the singers still going to Rovers matches but singing different songs.

If the chant was "Coyle s___ white trash" instead of "Coyle s____ Pakis", I doubt that there would be arrests by the police or lifetime bans dished out.

So it is therefore OK to sing the latter?

I happen to disagree with you as well. If complaints were made they would be followed up, just like complaints about this were made and that is why they are being followed up.

http://www.derailingfordummies.com/

If the chant was "Coyle s___ white trash" instead of "Coyle s____ Pakis", I doubt that there would be arrests by the police or lifetime bans dished out. There wouldn't be such a fuss made. But the double

I'm confused.

If a predominantly-white crowd slurred Owen Coyle by insinuating that he consorted with white men/ women/ things of the lowest social demographic groups, you'd fully expect no action to be taken in respect of racist behaviour? But if they're predominantly-white then surely they're saying that Owen Coyle shags people from lower social classes, the descriptor "white" is superfluous. I don't think much fuss would be made, but people might wonder what the crowd had been smoking.

Equally, I wouldn't expect a football crowd to start singing that Owen Coyle shagged honkies. Or does this hypothetical situation run to white people being a minority in the crowd?

If you ever get racially-abused, AESF, I would encourage you to make as much fuss about it as you can. Don't be apathetic about it.

The tens of thousands of Man United fans who offensively chant that Arsene Wenger is a paedophile don't get arrested, but if they made a chant about Wenger and the Asian community they would face being arrested.

Off with the fairies again. I'm sure that Greater Manchester Police would love to hear your advice on the logistics of arresting "tens of thousands" of United fans at Old Trafford.

I'm sure that Greater Manchester Police would love to hear your advice on the logistics of arresting "tens of thousands" of United fans at Old Trafford.

You seem to have misunderstood the point I was making. Some Rovers fans have apparently been arrested or threatened with arrest for the Owen Coyle chant. Not all those Rovers fans making the chant have been arrested.

If thousands of Man United fans made a chant about Pakis, not all United fans would be arrested, just as not all those Rovers fans chanting about Coyle have been arrested, but some of those United fans could certainly face arrest or be threatened with arrest. The police could target a minority of those making the chant, as they appear to have done at Rovers, when a minority of those chanting about Owen Coyle have faced arrest.

My point was that if the "racism" was about whites, none of those making the chants would be likely to be arrested. That's double standards and that's what I object to, though the double standards don't appear to be an area of concern for those with more liberal left-of-centre views.

I'm confused.

In recent matches it's only been a minority of white people who have been involved with the current Owen Coyle chant, not the majority of whites.

My point was if an ethnic minority section of any crowd (not just at Rovers) were involved in chanting about "white trash" I doubt that it would be taken as seriously as the present chants, which have apparently resulted in lifetime bans at Ewood Park and people being arrested.

So it is therefore OK to sing the latter?

No, I'm not saying that it's OK to chant about Pakis, although I don't find the word as outrageous as some people do. What I'm saying though is that in our liberal society it tends to be the case that racism towards blacks and Asians gets treated more seriously than racism towards white people and when you have double standards in society it fuels a sense of unfairness and injustice.

Also when a football club appears to be busy appeasing and pandering to one section of the community in particular by closing off toilets and putting in it's place a multi-faith room - and let's face it the multi-faith room was not for the benefit of the indigenous community - then this again can add to a sense of unfairness among some people.

How far does John Williams and the Rovers board want to go in bending over backwards for the Asian community, when a large number of them in Blackburn prefer to support Man United and Liverpool anyway?

I bet if 20 years ago I had said to Rovers fans that we'd have prayer mats for a multi-faith room at Ewood Park people wouldn't have believed me. I suspect that the reaction from some fans would have been: "Rovers would never get involved in that type of thing at a football stadium". But it's happened.

So one wonders what we're going to get in the next 20 years. Will it be Bollywood dancers wearing Saris on the pitch before the game, PA system announcements made in Punjabi or perhaps a giant mural at the ground of 72 virgins in paradise?

My point was if an ethnic minority section of any crowd (not just at Rovers) were involved in chanting about "white trash" I doubt that it would be taken as seriously as the present

Could you see that happening? They'd take a right shoeing I reckon.

it would certainly take some chutzpah.

Just as during the fuel crisis of 2000, when lorry drivers and farmers blockaded oil facilities, there were reports on this website from several different people that there was a big sign at an Asian petrol station saying "PETROL FOR ASIANS ONLY".

If this is indeed correct (which it may well be) I view those people the same way I view people like you. Why do you judge an entire continent (were these people Chinese by the way?) from isolated incidents? The people who put up that sign are more than likely racist, and if that was reported to the police then they would have acted, no doubt about it. I am disgusted that somebody would do such a thing, but I am also disgusted with your inflammatory comments which to be honest look pathetic. It just sounds like the rubbish they feed people at bnp rallies, clumping together a few half truths and blowing them out of proportion.

Demographic research from Manchester University has predicted that by 2019 the white population will be in a minority in Leicester - the first British city where the white population finds itself in a minority. This will then be followed five years later in 2024 by Birmingham which will also become a white minority city.

So?

And anyway, what has this got to do with people being abusive at a football match?

the point I am making being that whites will be the ethnic minority soon

why? I don't understand why you are making this point. It has nothing to do with the discussion. What has this got to do with fans singing racist songs? you seem to have gone off at a tangent. it's as if you are reading this from a handbook.

As for the word "Paki", it's a word that's been used by royalty. So if Blackburn Rovers are going to start dishing out lifetime bans for fans using the word, can John Williams also announce that Prince Harry will be banned for life from ever attending a game at Ewood Park.

Yeah, a word that Prince Harry was rightly lambasted for using. And even if it had been said to a man from Pakistan who wasn't offended by that word, that does not mean that he can speak for every man from Pakistan. And also you are probably right about the fact that Prince Harry would not be banned at Rovers for using that terminology, but that is another injustice which must be fought as those in positions of power do get away with a lot more it would seem. I have yet to see Prince Harry come to a Blackburn game making racist remarks however.

This doesn't excuse the Owen Coyle chants, which as I've already said, I object to mostly for the use of the four-letter 'C' word, which can be offensive when elderly people, women and children are present.

So you can see why the C word can be deemed offensive but not why the P word can? I was offended by the use of the P word. My mother was offended by the P word. I can only presume you believe that you have to from Pakistan to be offended by the P word (correct me if i'm wrong). This is wrong.

The fact of the matter is, there are measures set up for matters like this, people have been abusive and it is trying to be stamped out. Why on earth are you against such a thing?

You seem to have misunderstood the point I was making. Some Rovers fans have apparently been arrested or threatened with arrest for the Owen Coyle chant. Not all those Rovers fans making the chant have been arrested.

you were making lots of points, you seemed to deviate away from that one several times to vent your angers on topics not associated.

If thousands of Man United fans made a chant about Pakis, not all United fans would be arrested, just as not all those Rovers fans chanting about Coyle have been arrested, but some of those United fans could certainly face arrest or be threatened with arrest. The police could target a minority of those making the chant, as they appear to have done at Rovers, when a minority of those chanting about Owen Coyle have faced arrest.

It is impossible to arrest so many people and prove they were singing it. The sensible option would be to fine the club or deduct points for persistence, and video as many people as possible. To be honest though, thousands of people aren't so stupid.

My point was that if the "racism" was about whites, none of those making the chants would be likely to be arrested. That's double standards and that's what I object to, though the double standards don't appear to be an area of concern for those with more liberal left-of-centre views.

Again with 'my point'. listen, your point has nothing to do with this discussion. If there are people being racist towards white people at a blackburn rovers game we will discuss it. it would be disgusting if true, just like this is disgusting. But i don't know of any, so let's get back to talking about the real point in hand.

In recent matches it's only been a minority of white people who have been involved with the current Owen Coyle chant, not the majority of whites.

My point was if an ethnic minority section of any crowd (not just at Rovers) were involved in chanting about "white trash" I doubt that it would be taken as seriously as the present chants, which have apparently resulted in lifetime bans at Ewood Park and people being arrested.

it is the minority that are being targeted and threatened with bans.

Your point is off tangent again and is hypothetical since it hasn't happened in the last few games as far as i know.

No, I'm not saying that it's OK to chant about Pakis, although I don't find the word as outrageous as some people do. What I'm saying though is that in our liberal society it tends to be the case that racism towards blacks and Asians gets treated more seriously than racism towards white people and when you have double standards in society it fuels a sense of unfairness and injustice.

why would it not matter if you didn't find this word offensive if other people do? particularly if you are not part of the people being abused.

Also when a football club appears to be busy appeasing and pandering to one section of the community in particular by closing off toilets and putting in it's place a multi-faith room - and let's face it the multi-faith room was not for the benefit of the indigenous community - then this again can add to a sense of unfairness among some people.

what has this got to do with racist chanting, stick to the 'your point'. INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY :lol: now i know this is from a handbook.

How far does John Williams and the Rovers board want to go in bending over backwards for the Asian community, when a large number of them in Blackburn prefer to support Man United and Liverpool anyway?
As far as he wants to go. Surely it's his prerogative. Or is he part of the problem too?
I bet if 20 years ago I had said to Rovers fans that we'd have prayer mats for a multi-faith room at Ewood Park people wouldn't have believed me. I suspect that the reaction from some fans would have been: "Rovers would never get involved in that type of thing at a football stadium". But it's happened.
So? what has that got to do with anything? things change.
So one wonders what we're going to get in the next 20 years. Will it be Bollywood dancers wearing Saris on the pitch before the game, PA system announcements made in Punjabi or perhaps a giant mural at the ground of 72 virgins in paradise?

So what your saying is that because people aren't allowed to be racist Ewood Park is going to become the new Makkah?

You're a silly sausage

Braddock, you are wasting your time. He's not a silly sausage, he holds vile racist views and why he's tolerated when he constantly ignores board rules is beyond me. If it's right for fans to be banned or ejected for racist chants, then it's good enough for here. i'm sick to death and having to put up with this stuff on a Rovers' website. Please mods throw him out.

Braddock, you are wasting your time. He's not a silly sausage, he holds vile racist views and why he's tolerated when he constantly ignores board rules is beyond me. If it's right for fans to be banned or ejected for racist chants, then it's good enough for here. i'm sick to death and having to put up with this stuff on a Rovers' website. Please mods throw him out.

Don't worry, i enjoy pulling his 'points' apart with such ease. I doubt he could get thrown out for this alone (though i don't know his track record). He gives the rest of us Smiths fans a bad name! (incidentally - go Europe!)

THIS WAS THENODROG TODAY ...

Well somehow I doubt that their now automatic doubling of taxi fares over the Christmas period does much to enamour them to the general public in Blackburn does it?

My family must have paid a fortune over the past 2-3 weeks in taxi fares!

Also my daughter left her phone in a taxi and despite phoning her phone (which needless to say had been switched off) and the taxi company almost immedietely after she got home it seems that has gone for good. Second time this has happened btw.

I wonder how other businesses charging double over Ramadin would fare?

THIS WAS THENODROG 9 MONTHS AGO ...

My daughter hopped in a taxi in town early Sun am, dropped her friend off on Beardwood and came back towards our house. A trip of no more than 5 miles. She was clutching a tenner when the driver demanded £14! Unlike my son and I she was scared to object and so she paid him. Needless to say that I am currently in protracted conversation with the owner of 24/7 etc.

They really are shady tawts though. I recently was asked for £8 for a 1.8 mile ride from the Woodlands. He got 4 and was bloody thankful in the end.... although more than a touch surly. Oddly he never said thank you nor bade me goodnight!

Gordon, you know very well which numbers to call for local taxi firms Which Will Take You Home Without Causing You To Feel Such Discomfort.

9 months on.

So why don't you and your daughter just use those firms??? Let the others get on with their jobs and providing a faultless service for the rest of us?

As far as the rules stood mods do not have the power to throw anybody out. That can only be authorised by admin. Anyway even if you disagree with him aesf always puts across his points in a decent enough manner and without breaking any rules.

Macca.... you are a stereotypical left wing extremist..... anybody who doesn't share your views and who you cannot formulate a valid counter argument against you want to have silenced. No doubt you would be happy if we had some sort of mboard gulag for the likes of aesf where you could make him disappear to suit your agenda.

As far as the rules stood mods do not have the power to throw anybody out. That can only be authorised by admin. Anyway even if you disagree with him aesf always puts across his points in a decent enough manner and without breaking any rules.

Macca.... you are a stereotypical left wing extremist..... anybody who doesn't share your views and who you cannot formulate a valid counter argument against you want to have silenced. No doubt you would be happy if we had some sort of mboard gulag for the likes of aesf where you could make him disappear to suit your agenda.

there have been valid counterarguments

we are waiting for replies

stop stereotyping people

THIS WAS THENODROG TODAY ...

THIS WAS THENODROG 9 MONTHS AGO ...

Gordon, you know very well which numbers to call for local taxi firms Which Will Take You Home Without Causing You To Feel Such Discomfort.

9 months on.

So why don't you and your daughter just use those firms??? Let the others get on with their jobs and providing a faultless service for the rest of us?

:blink: . Latest one was Adams. :blink:

Anyway people come out of pubs/clubs usually just hop in the first to arrive. Christmas period is not the time for pratting around when you want to get home and out of the cold. The fact of the matter is that sharp practice is being condoned and to condone such and thereby allow and even encourage it to continue and will give the Blackburn youth plenty of scope for their malicious agenda.

Anyway whats with the capitals Tris?

stop stereotyping people

Are you studying law somewhere? If not you should be.

Archived