BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Racist Chanting By "Rovers Supporters"

Lets not forget here that a member of this site is claiming to have been stitched up, maybe these two have suffered the same fate.

Fair point Gav. You know the old saying though, 'a picture a tells a thousand words', I'd be surprised if that guy was in the same boat as Ohmi.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair point Gav. You know the old saying though, 'a picture a tells a thousand words', I'd be surprised if that guy was in the same boat as Ohmi.

No, I fully take your point LeChuck, and if they did indeed sing the song outside the ground like Will points out, its a good result.

at west ham I heard brazen racism like i've never heard in my life. i was right at the back just infront of some gobsh1te that was utter scum. he said some wrotten things about our samba and seemed more concerned about slaggin of fellow fans than the game. i had a nuetral mate with me and it was pretty embarassing to be honest.

"absolute joke" my arse waggy. shame you don't support your team these days, you'd have found a friend to put the world to rights with:

"i'll tell you what's wrong with this country....."

perhaps follwed with the old classic "i'm not racist, but.................."

Odious that the song is this is taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut. By overly concentrating on any perceived racist aspect it seems the associated bad language is deemed acceptable. Which imo is UNacceptable.

I guess they'd have got off scot free and there would be no case to answer if they'd just used the full term 'pakistani'. Certainly no case to answer if they'd used the more common but highly inaccurate term 'asian'.

Just how bloody stupid are we becoming in this country?

:rover: absolute joke,why ban 2 when 100's sing the song :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

I am led to believe that you are north of 40 at the very least, judging by some references to how many matches you've attended, but The level of naivety in this post astounds me. A racist is a racist and is wrong, no matter how many people join in. 2 arrests out of 100 isn't much, but it's a start. And should bloody well continue.

In the case of OhmiBRFC (before you point it out), he claims not to have done it, has character witnesses and witnesses from the game. That should result in the correct verdict (Not Guilty). Therefore it's only right to assume that there were witnesses at the trial of these 2 trolls who confirmed they had sang a racist song. Justice will prevail, I should hope.

Odious that the song is this is taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut. By overly concentrating on any perceived racist aspect it seems the associated bad language is deemed acceptable. Which imo is UNacceptable.

I guess they'd have got off scot free and there would be no case to answer if they'd just used the full term 'pakistani'. Certainly no case to answer if they'd used the more common but highly inaccurate term 'asian'.

You are the one being bloody stupid.

Whether they are singing "we hate Pakis" or "We hate Pakistanis" they are being offensive and shouldn't associate with the club I love.

I am led to believe that you are north of 40 at the very least, judging by some references to how many matches you've attended, but The level of naivety in this post astounds me. A racist is a racist and is wrong, no matter how many people join in. 2 arrests out of 100 isn't much, but it's a start. And should bloody well continue.

In the case of OhmiBRFC (before you point it out), he claims not to have done it, has character witnesses and witnesses from the game. That should result in the correct verdict (Not Guilty). Therefore it's only right to assume that there were witnesses at the trial of these 2 trolls who confirmed they had sang a racist song. Justice will prevail, I should hope.

They pleaded guilty. I was in the doc with both of them lads. My case was adjourned as I pleaded not-guilty; if I had copped a plea my name and picture would be there too.

I know that there were three people arrested at the game, two on the way in and one in the ground. It must therefore be the two who were arrested at the turnstile going in so it would be difficult for them to claim mistaken identity or a stitch up I guess. anyway clearly not as they pleaded guilty.

You are the one being bloody stupid.

Whether they are singing "we hate Pakis" or "We hate Pakistanis" they are being offensive and shouldn't associate with the club I love.

I see 5 numpties agree with you. :rolleyes: Well done Gunner you are becoming the equivalent of the mboards svengali by leading the more impressionable and less intelligent along by the nose.

'We hate Burnley bstards tawts and cnuts' will be resounding around Turf moor in a month and nobody will care a hoot.

Tell you what lets change it to 'we hate the dirty smelly murderous Taliban' and I'd bet you 6 would still complain. This entire issue demonstrates a pathetic lack of common sense and maturity all round.

Bloody hell theno...Pakistani and Paki aren't the same thing.

If a newsreader introduced a story by saying "a group of niggers" as opposed to a "a group of American Africans", would that be okay? I mean, both are being used to describe their ethnicity. 'Paki' is used against Asian people like 'nigger' is against black people, it's not used as an abbreviation of Pakistani.

The most infuriating thing is that you already know that. You ramble on about lack of intelligence despite being unable to grasp a pretty simple concept. Ironic? Just a bit.

Bloody hell theno...Pakistani and Paki aren't the same thing.

:blink:

Your issue is not with me it is with Philip. It's Phillipl who said they are the same. Here....

"Whether they are singing "we hate Pakis" or "We hate Pakistanis" they are being offensive and shouldn't associate with the club I love"

Take it up with him please lechuck.

:blink:

Your issue is not with me it is with Philip. It's Phillipl who said they are the same. Here....

"Whether they are singing "we hate Pakis" or "We hate Pakistanis" they are being offensive and shouldn't associate with the club I love"

Take it up with him please lechuck.

Sorry, I should have quoted the post of yours I was referring to:

(I didn't interpret Philip's as him saying they were the same thing by the way)

You're usually bang on when you talk about other things, that's why I find this annoying! You've intentionally inserted a naive blind spot to the use of the word, rather than just not being able to understand through stupidity. If it were the latter (like some) I probably wouldn't give it second thought.

.... You've intentionally inserted a naive blind spot to the use of the word, rather than just not being able to understand through stupidity. If it were the latter (like some) I probably wouldn't give it second thought.

I don't really know what you mean but possibly being pedantic here.... if the word was changed to 'asian' or 'pakistani' for that matter could it be construed as illegal and how??

You're usually bang on when you talk about other things, that's why I find this annoying! You've intentionally inserted a naive blind spot to the use of the word, rather than just not being able to understand through stupidity. If it were the latter (like some) I probably wouldn't give it second thought.

Agreed. Theno is a great poster in most of the topics. He even makes sense in here sometimes. But I don't quite buy the idea that 'Paki' is not offensive. Soz Gordo.

We hate thenodrog and we hate Gordon are the same thing obviously.

'drog will feel great because he has seen his name mentioned and didn't see the "we hate" bit.

Philip say what you want I don't really mind. Water off a ducks back. Obviously if you said that face to face I have the choice of ignoring you, replying in similar vein or clouting you but thats why you wouldn't and it's why the term keyboard warrior came about I guess. ^_^

Agreed. Theno is a great poster in most of the topics. He even makes sense in here sometimes. But I don't quite buy the idea that 'Paki' is not offensive. Soz Gordo.

mellison ffs read back a page. I suggested that if Pakistani / Asian were used in that godawful song could that then be deemed offensive too. The only offence then would be the indecent swear words. Maybe you can explain. No fecker else seems able to.

Archived