BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham City Away

Ozz

Not to step on anyones toes here, but despite the hand wringing and introspection following the events at Hull on Saturday, we have another 90 minutes of Premier League football upon us in 34 hours or so. A chance for revenge for those of us who went to City's last game in the Prem before they were relegated.

An embarrassing performance that day, which was ultimately Hughes' last for Rovers saw us throw away a Euro spot with a meek 4-1 tubbing. It was a poor end to Hughes tenure, with soft goals let in at an almost Ince-esque rate which left a sour taste in the mouth after a season of great promise left us with nowt.

For Tuesdays game I would like to see Kalinic start with Benni up front, with the same midfield as Saturday and tell the lads to go for it.

Not travelling down myself, I would guess not many will bother with TV coverage and the good turnout (numbers wise) at Hull, which to Birmingham's huge shame is a more attractive day out!

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theyve only conceded 4 goals in the whole season at home but have secured 4 wins despite scoring only 6. This makes you think they grind out 1-0 wins and if they go ahead it will be difficult to get back into the game.

Key is we have to score first.

I cant predict the line-up considering we have loads of games coming up.

I can see Andrews for Grella, and possibly Dunn for Benni.

Considering Birminghams form lately I will be pleased with a draw.

They have won against Fulham, Wolves, Wigan and West Ham.

They are the best team in the Premiership since 1st of November.

I think it is important to stop Lee Bowyer and I reckon Nzonzi is up to it.

Get in!

We are more than capable of winning at St Andrews against BIG CLUB but we will have to be on gaurd against the likes of Bentiz as he is pretty fast. I hope NZonzi smashes Bowyer early on and gets the little tyke wound up! Cant stand him!

Il go with a 1-0 Rovers...... :tu:

Not to step on anyones toes here, but despite the hand wringing and introspection following the events at Hull on Saturday, we have another 90 minutes of Premier League football upon us in 34 hours or so. A chance for revenge for those of us who went to City's last game in the Prem before they were relegated.

An embarrassing performance that day, which was ultimately Hughes' last for Rovers saw us throw away a Euro spot with a meek 4-1 tubbing. It was a poor end to Hughes tenure, with soft goals let in at an almost Ince-esque rate which left a sour taste in the mouth after a season of great promise left us with nowt.

For Tuesdays game I would like to see Kalinic start with Benni up front, with the same midfield as Saturday and tell the lads to go for it.

Not travelling down myself, I would guess not many will bother with TV coverage and the good turnout (numbers wise) at Hull, which to Birmingham's huge shame is a more attractive day out!

I think this is a hard game for Rovers at the moment - be happy with a draw, because confidence wise Brum's should be high. They have been on a good run recently - but I hope it ends tomorrow. Defensively though Rovers should also be starting to feel confident, due to recent games. Though my honest opinion is that other teams have fluffed the chances they have had and it is not just a good defending by Rovers, Liverpool Ngog and Hull's one on one on saturday come to mind. Against better players those chances would have been taken.

Hope for 1 0 rovers but would be content with a draw.

Play Kalinic and Di Santo from the start and we'll score within twenty minutes. If Dunn or Benni can get one of the wide, free positions on top of that, I'd be delighted... But we're more likely to play Hoilett and Emerton, Andrews and N'Zonzi I guess.. I just hope we go for an early goal, and that Diouf remains on the bench.

don't particularly like birmingham.. poor away stats against them doesn't help.

With Keith Andrews playing the probabilities are no clean sheet and no goals.

Doubt it. Likely team imo:-

--------------Di Santo--Kalinic

Pedersen---Dunn----NZonzi---Emerton

----Givet----Nelsen----Samba----Chimbonda

------------------Robinson

If Dunn isn't fit I wonder if Sam will be tempted to play Salgado in central midfield? I think he could do the Grella role quite well.

Whilst I would love to see Rovers win this one it is a tough ask given the run that Birmingham are on and the fact that of their 4 wins on the bounce recently they have won 3 of them 1-0.

For this reason and the fact that we cant score and our away record is still pretty bad Id take a draw here. Id like to see us start with 2 up top though at least showing them and the fans that you are there to try and win it. If Dunn isnt 100% then I dont think this would be a game to risk him in with people like Bowyer snapping away in the middle of the park.

0-0

Thanks Oz

The Oh, crap is the game tomorrow? Im still waiting for my mate to return his questionnaire and I thought the game was on Wednesday Rovers v Birmingham Preview

First of all, I thought the game was Wednesday not Tuesday, secondly my mates got swine flu and has decided to lie in bed moaning he's dying instead of doing something useful like answering my questionnaire. Thirdly, a freezing cold Wednesday Tuesday against Big club, just hasn't got my juices going as much as they used to. I think the third point is due mainly to the change in ownership of the club from Sulivan and Gold to Carsten Yeung, which has taken all the fun out of Blues being owned by two smut pedlars and instead they now appear to be owned by some Far Eastern Estate agent with tons of cash and a penchant for not coming up with outrageously stupid comments, which is a right pain when youre attempting to write a faintly amusing preview. However Id like to take this occasion to remind you of what Simon Jordan of Crystal Palace said about the departed Gold .

Second, the mentality. If I see another David Gold interview on the poor East End Jewish boy done good I'll impale myself on one of his dildos.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2006/apr/02/sport.comment

In regards to the Birmingham Team, they are currently on a good run, unbeaten in 6 games (4 wins) and have won 3 out of their last 3 games, defensively theyre solid, as you would expect from a McLeish side, but with Benitez and Bowyer finding some decent form theyre scoring goals at a frequent rate.

In regards to old boys, Blackburn had Robbie Savage, much to the tantrums of the old management team, and David Dunn, who moved to Blues after falling out with Souness, although looking at his injury record whilst at Birmingham, suggests it wasnt a bad bit of business by Souness. For Birmingham they have Damien Johnson, Neil Danns, and some Scottish homesick tit who will be mentioned no further by me, other than I hope your knee aches when its cold, you sod.

Anyway my favourite memory of games between the clubs would be:

The win at St Andrews in the promotion year when Gillespie scored a belter

The Dugary kick up the arse by Andy Eats Babies on Spikes Todd; and

The 4-0 tonking we gave them in the league the following year when it was 0-0 with about 10 minutes ago, and then that Scottish homesick tit who will be mentioned no further by me, other than I hope your knee aches when its cold, you sod. Played a blinder and scored one I think. Dugary was sent off for making Craig Short slightly better looking with the cunning use of his elbow onto Shorts nose. (nb Im rushing this so my memories might be very wrong)

Predictions, Id like to say a Rovers win, but I cant see it, more likely a scrappy 2-1 home win, with Bowyer and He who shall not be named dodgy offside handball, and McCarthy. Also its going to be bloody freezing tomorrow night for those loons coming down to watch, wrap up very very warm

Flopsy is going to ban you for stealing his limelight, but I did remind him so it is his own fault ;)

Im not, and he did, its all down to me being disorganised

Archived