BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham City Away

Ozz

No Dunn or Grella means a certain start for Andrews I would guess? Personally I'd like us to move Chimbonda to left back and start with Salgado, but as we're on an excellent run defensively I doubt Sam will tinker with that part of the team.

Robbo

Chimbonda Samba Nelsen Givet

Emerton Andrews N'Zonzi Hoilett

Kalinic Di Santo

I'd be happy with that under the circumstances.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a big home game against Spurs coming up it will be interesting to see what line-up Sam goes with tomorrow night and whether he decides to rest any players.

I think this game has a 0-0 written all over it, if there is any goals i can't see there being more than one. Considering their form and our away record i think Sam will be happy with a draw from this fixture.

No Dunn or Grella means a certain start for Andrews I would guess? Personally I'd like us to move Chimbonda to left back and start with Salgado, but as we're on an excellent run defensively I doubt Sam will tinker with that part of the team.

Robbo

Kalinic Di Santo

As Dunn now seems to definately be out I really think Salgado should start in central midfield. Andrews is not as bad as some mak eout, but one area he causes significant damage is ball rentention. It is impossible for us to hold onto it when Keef is on as he hurries passes and is poor at holding a decent position.

I can't say for sure, but my gut feel is Salgado will be able to do a great job of closing down when out of possession and retaining the ball when in possession. I hope Sam gives it a punt.

Robbo

Kalinic Di Santo

Happy with that formation.....BUT.....would one not prefer McCarthy in the hole and Andrews on the bench? Won't happen, but I'd prefer that by a country mile! My 'Aspects of Forensic Science' module exam is tomorrow....and I have a feeling the game will go the same way as how I get on with the questions....not well, but we'll just nick something. Contented with a draw, but would like a win (who wouldn't!?!)

Happy with that formation.....BUT.....would one not prefer McCarthy in the hole and Andrews on the bench? Won't happen, but I'd prefer that by a country mile! My 'Aspects of Forensic Science' module exam is tomorrow....and I have a feeling the game will go the same way as how I get on with the questions....not well, but we'll just nick something. Contented with a draw, but would like a win (who wouldn't!?!)

If you counted how many time McCarthy gives the ball away compared to Andrews i bet you'll find McCarthy is the clear winner.

For me he is a big liability, especially away from home.

If you counted how many time McCarthy gives the ball away compared to Andrews i bet you'll find McCarthy is the clear winner.

For me he is a big liability, especially away from home.

That is fair enough and I see your point. But McCarthy will create more than Andrews will. And I meant McCarthy in Dunn's role, not at CM where Andrews plays. It also enables us to go 433 without a sub, if things start going pear-shaped.

• Backroom

Didn't realise it was on TV, almost wish it wasn't as I can't see anything in it for us if we play the same as saturday.

A comfortable 2-0 to Brum with a limp, feckless display from us.

I hope i'm wrong.

I will be watching and cheering you on, seems to be becoming a common theme of my football watching habit lately due to your fixtures. Don't worry it won't last into the New year :D

Anyway good luck tomorrow night and to those of you going, I pity you the place is a ###### toilet of a ground.

wouldnt say im confident of getting a result here, birmingham are on a very good run of form, coupled with our away record, im actually hoping for another 0-0! everything seems to be going through bowyer for them

All good things must come to an end. Big Club 0-3 Rovers.

Birmingham manager Alex McLeish has no fresh injury worries ahead of Tuesday night's home Premier League clash with Blackburn.

Veteran midfielder Lee Carsley reported to training with a stiff back on Sunday but it is not expected to keep him out of contention against Sam Allardyce's team.

McLeish is again likely to field an unchanged line-up as City look to extend an unbeaten run of seven matches from which they have collected 17 points.

:brfc::brfc:

Archived