BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham City Away

Ozz

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A club that I genuinely have no affection for and loathe amongst the likes of Manure and Chelsea.

Its a difficult call for tonights game. Big Eck has them playing tight football, Ferguson belies the form he showed at Rovers for his ill fated spell (although I did really like him) whilst Bowyer seems to grown up and relsihing in is role that could have seen him become an England midfielder.

Rovers defence will have to watch Benitez and his quick feet whilst at the other end Rovers forwards have to at some time come good.

I would settle for a point but would take 3.

Close game for me with the single goal taking the spoils.

01 Robinson

04 Samba

05 Givet

06 Nelsen

39 Chimbonda

07 Emerton

12 Pedersen

15 Nzonzi

09 Roberts

18 Diouf

22 Kalinic

Substitutes

32 Brown, 02 Jacobsen, 27 Salgado, 17 Andrews, 10 McCarthy, 23 Hoilett, 26 Di Santo

If that's the team then I am disappointed to see Benni on the bench and Pedersen come back into the side. Thought Hoilett would have started ahead of Diouf... Good to see Niko starting though and Jacobsen back in the squad.

Great to see Bert and N'Zonzi in the middle, could be a decent partnership as both are high energy players.

Roberts should never start games for Rovers.

• Backroom

Weird selection, good to see Kalinic start but why bring Diouf back in for Junior?

And Roberts starting is baffling, I suppose he did enough on Saturday to earn a place but all I saw him do is miscontrol a throw in out for a goal kick.

Maybe he wants to rest Di Santo.

Maybe there is a method in the madness and Roberts can do all the running whilst Kalinic takes up a position on the defenders shoulder, could work I suppose.

I think he has maybe dropped Di Santo and took him out like he did with Roberts.

Maybe his thinking tonight is Roberts doing the graft and hard work, creating space for Kalinic to get his shots away......

Im happy with that line-up because we have gone a natural 4-4-2 and no Andrews

Interesting selection.

I believe its more a case of resting Di Santo and selectively choosing Junior, instead of throwing him on in this away game.

Sam will be criticized if we lose for sure.

Cant see the creativity from the wings, but its a narrow enough pitch so I think we will squeeze the play.

Lets hope Roberts isnt in one of his moods to just nag and moan.

I think he has maybe dropped Di Santo and took him out like he did with Roberts.

Maybe his thinking tonight is Roberts doing the graft and hard work, creating space for Kalinic to get his shots away......

Im happy with that line-up because we have gone a natural 4-4-2 and no Andrews

Agree with this, I think it's a hard working team with two or three players with big points to prove ahead of the Xmas period.

• Backroom

Hoilett played 90 mins on Saturday. Its absolutely understandable that he's given a rest tonight. Diouf and Gamst will only have so many chances when Dunn gets back to full fitness so they need to start making an impact.

Sorry I'm not buying that, theres no way a 20 year old professional footballer needs a rest after playing one game

With Grella out, moving Emerton into the middle will give the centre the ability to move around. Pedersen and Diouf will help to give a solid formation.

Rovers appear to be going for a 0-0.

Suddenly 442 is defensive? ;) I think you mean we are playing safe, ie: guarantee a draw, maybe a win. You look at that midfield and ALL can defend. While Bert, Diouf and Peders can all attack too. I think it's one of our more balanced X1s, myself. Maybe bring on a few attacking players later (Diouf off for Hoilett etc).

Suddenly 442 is defensive? ;) I think you mean we are playing safe, ie: guarantee a draw, maybe a win. You look at that midfield and ALL can defend. While Bert, Diouf and Peders can all attack too. I think it's one of our more balanced X1s, myself. Maybe bring on a few attacking players later (Diouf off for Hoilett etc).

Pedersen and Diouff both keep formation and help defending but no longer have the pace to break quickly where if Rovers main objective is to win then one or neither would be playing.

I'm not against it as the old adage of win your home and draw your away games is a good one.

Now if it is 0-0 after an hour it will be interesting to see if we'll go for it or be happy for a point

Pedersen and Diouff both keep formation and help defending but no longer have the pace to break quickly where if Rovers main objective is to win then one or neither would be playing.

I'm not against it as the old adage of win your home and draw your away games is a good one.

Now if it is 0-0 after an hour it will be interesting to see if we'll go for it or be happy for a point

Indeed. I think the protocol in this scenario would be to bring on Hoilett and McCarthy for Diouf and Roberts respectively (with midfield 3 of Bert, NZonzi and Peders, with Roberts, Hoilett and McCarthy).

Birmingham have a very hard working midfield, I think the side we've picked reflects that. Pleasantly surprised to see Andrews still on the bench despite the midfield injuries. I think Roberts could be a good foil for Kalinic, he does create space for his strike partner (I remember Roque always used to play well alongside him).

Optimistic after seeing the line-up, let's hope we do well.

Archived