BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham City Away

Ozz

To be fair we don't even deserve a pen with this performance utter ######. Roberts and pedersen and diouf get the (Please don't use that word again) out of this team you utter useless c**ts

Exactly what I was coming on here to post. Roberts is the softest Premier League footballer ever - he's this huge mass of muscle, yet he never wins any challenges in the air, never puts his weight about and never puts defenders under pressure. I suppose this would be ok if he was skillful, but he makes Kuqi look like Messi.

Diouf for mine had a good 6 months here last season, since then he's been absolutely dire. He doesn't even cover his defensive duties, nevermind do anything creative. As for Pedersen, well that topic has been done to death, not good enough - all he had to his game were the goals and now they've dried up (because he's stopped making those bloody back post runs and turned himself into a left back!).

I feel for Kalinic and N'Zonzi tonight, they're the only players outside of the back four that are worth their shirts.

As for Birmingham City, well they're a measure of how mediocre the self proclaimed 'best league in the world!' has become. Much like Stoke they're organised and have a bit of pace about them, but nothing else. They'll finish mid table, but get buried by the big boys as per.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half time report.

Rovers have as much shape as a punctured inner tube. Totally ineffective first 45 minutes.

The last 14 minutes have seen Rovers take the possession stakes but still there has been nothing worthwhile created and this is the biggest single factor why we cant score goals. The strikers cannot score goals without credible service.

Out of the front 2 Kalinic has shown willing whilst Robeerts just appears to bumble his way through the game.

Diouf just brings nothing but chaos to Rovers line up. If he plays right he comes left and as soon as the ball is lost Chimbonda has two Brum players on him. He should be substituted with Junior taking his place to give us real width and penetration. Its says it all when a potentially retired full back is coping easily with two internationals who seem to breeze through games.

The defence for the goal was shocking. Diouf should have closed down but 5 Rovers players stood and watched ping pong in the box before the ball was poked home.

I wonder if Sam has the verve to coax a positive result out of this one because Birmingham for all their huff are not really that good a side.

i'd love to give the boll ocking at half time in that dressing room, the anger i'd vent at 4 or 5 of them, i'd need to be restrained from nutting them ala magilton......if there has ever been a case for not paying them this is it, they ain't working they're taking the ######

• Backroom

I don't really understand why Roberts and Pedersen are even back in the team. MGP possibly because Sam wanted to rest Hoilett, but what is his excuse for allowing Jason 'barn door' Roberts to start? He shouldn't be on the bench let alone our starting XI.

Ridgwell had his boot wrapped round Nicko's shooting foot

Not a penalty in a month of Sundays.

The latest in a long line of abysmal away days from Rovers. The players look like they've never met each other before, there's no cohesion or understanding in defence, the midfield is non existent and Diouf and MGP might as well not be on the pitch.

Very impressed with Birmingham, for those not convinced by Hoillett their first half displays shows how devastating it can be to have a couple of players with genuine pace.

The only saving grace is we've been on the end of a bit of adrubbing and are still only one nil down. Very fortunate with the disallowed effort.

Might just be a night when we unexpectedly get something out of it second half. We simply can't get any worse - can we?

As i mentioned before, both Diouf and Pedersen are slowing the team down. In fact, we must have the slowest ###### team in the league. I notice real pace in all other teams, except us. Junior needs to be brought on and Benni. Andrews for Emerton was ###### stupid, as i would rather have brought Benni or Hoiliett on.

Andrews had to come on for Emerton, Benni or Hoilett can't play centre mid! Who would have played in the middle?

Hope your right Rev becuase from my comfy seat in the front lounge it doesnt look to good. It has done nothing to ease the hangover from last nights Xmas do in Preston and it just makes my head bang louder when I watch inept performances from players earning thousands of English pounds.

Just pleased this one was given a miss as I dont think I could have stood the drive down, the game and then the drive home.

Heres hoping.

Archived