SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham City Away

Ozz

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

For the first hour of this match, it was dire. We couldn't have played much worse if we'd tried.

When we scored, Birmingham panicked. They became extremely defensive and became very nervous. We, however, simply did not have the class or the desire to outdo them. We had more possession but our performance did not really improve. We were still wasteful in possession and devoid of any attacking ideas. We were nearly caught out on the break twice and were unlucky not to score at the end. Still, the first 60 minutes of this match were unforgivable. If we play like that for the rest of the season we can forget top half of the table, we're gonna be scrapping right at the bottom.

Hoilett should have started. Benni should have started. Roberts, Pedersen and Diouf should be nowhere near the first team. We all know this, why doesn't Sam?

Very, very worried about our future.

Question: Why can a team (with premier league footballers) not pass a football?

Blues played some lovely stuff- we simply lumped it forward! What do you expect Kalinic to do with the pathetic service that he is getting!!

I hope Dunn and Grella are back on Saturday because the rest of them are incapable of doing the basics- I do not go overboard but that was the WORST performance that I have seen from a Rovers side.

Your right Rovermatt, throw in Jerome as Drogba too.

Made a game of it for the last ten but that was pretty dire wasn't it? It took Ryan Nelsen to show Roberts and Co. how to put one away and despite Benitez' woeful miss we still couldn't capitalise.

Lose against Spurs as I think we will and we could be in a spot of bother.

I come all the way from Holland to Ewood to see my beloved Rovers this Saturday. I hope the performance is 400% better than today's, otherwise I can't face my friends, who I've convinced to go with me, for the rest of my life.

Keep the faith, but COME ON Rovers...

Glad to see Allardyce knows how to invent time machines, because that was the best of Ince right there.

Diouf CANNOT play for this side.

Roberts CANNOT play for this side.

Benni should start. Hoilett should start.

MGP did pretty well. Kalinic did well, but had no service.

Chimbonda and Givet were a big weakness for us, particularly Givet who got lost for the second goal.

Cannot stand watching this team play like that.

No excuses about how much we spend against a team like Birmingham. Our manager was out-thought today.

Pathetic. Embarassing. Terrible referee and linesmen.

That was hoofball at it's worst. I cannot take one positive from that game.

Lost every 50/50 ball I can remember. I am a very sad Rovers fan tonight. The worrying thing is, will the players feel the same? I fear not.

I've just worked out what we've done wrong.

We spent £6m on Kalinic when we should have paid £6m for Klasnic who has just scored AGAIN.

I only went and put Kalinic in my fantasy football team ahead of Klasnic for this gameweek. Had a feeling that Niko would get on the scoresheet today but typically I now regret my choice! Can't believe we don't have 1 decent striker who can stick the ball in the back of the net

come on Sam explain yourself and don't be a coward and hide behind the last few minutes.

You got it wrong, take the blame.

We played badly but what's this "explain yourself" nonsense?

Kalinic must be the unluckiest striker in the league, he would have got us a point if it wasn't for Larsson's face.

We just don't keep possession of the ball because of hopeless long balls and poor quality of passing.

Add to that the fact that we have no pace and creativity.

It's a recipe for defeat, especially away from home.

Fair play to Birmingham. 17 points from 21 possible points and up to 6th in the league.

They showed how much better they are than us today. If we played like them today, we would all be extremely happy for the future. They should have won by a bigger margin if we're honest.

Thankfully we're still 12th in the league although I can't see us staying there considering we can't win away to save our lives.

come on Sam explain yourself and don't be a coward and hide behind the last few minutes.

You got it wrong, take the blame.

Fat chance of that.

He made lot of changes to the team and formation tonight and not one of them paid off. Totally his fault. Hoilett and Benni were several classes above the players he put in in their place. We lived down to every stereotype of his style tonight.

Archived