BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham City Away

Ozz

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people may disagree but oh to be viewed as Dogs of War again! This current lot would not frighten a Girl Guides X1.

Don't disagree but isn't it the manager's job to make sure they do? :unsure:

Also in devil's advocate mode I would opine that on the whole the team played with more spirit and enthusiasm when McDonald was in temporary charge.

Don't disagree but isn't it the manager's job to make sure they do? :unsure:

Certainly but remember it was John Williams and the board that carpeted Mark Hughes and read him the riot act over the same issue 3 years or so back. Hardly supportive of the manager were they?

Just got home - feel let down by the players. Roberts, MGP, Diouf, Andrews were all naff tonight.

Birmingham fans running in the middle of the road, banging on coaches (even disabled I heard) just about topped it off.

:angry:

I know Andrews get a lot of stick and to be fair the vast majority of it is justified - he is f**king sh!t. However, at least he puts in some effort whenever he puts on our shirt. It's not his fault he's useless and the manager insists on playing him. On the other hand, Roberts and Diouf made me sick today. Not only are they completely incompetent footballers, they also looked like they couldn't give a flying f**k. If anyone deserves to get booed it's cretin like them.

Allardyce is a prick. Starting with Roberts and Diouf when you have a fit McCarthy and Hoillet on the bench is like cutting off you penis to spite your testicles. To add to that, we had Andrews and Pedersen on the pitch for the most off the game. What the f**k do you think the outcome is going to be? I really hope these four are not at the club come the end of the January transfer window.

I know Andrews get a lot of stick and to be fair the vast majority of it is justified - he is f**king sh!t. However, at least he puts in some effort whenever he puts on our shirt. It's not his fault he's useless and the manager insists on playing him. On the other hand, Roberts and Diouf made me sick today. Not only are they completely incompetent footballers, they also looked like they couldn't give a flying f**k. If anyone deserves to get booed it's cretin like them.

Allardyce is a prick. Starting with Roberts and Diouf when you have a fit McCarthy and Hoillet on the bench is like cutting off you penis to spite your testicles. To add to that, we had Andrews and Pedersen on the pitch for the most off the game. What the f**k do you think the outcome is going to be? I really hope these four are not at the club come the end of the January transfer window.

here here

Idiotic post - You must have watched a different game.

Not sure we have watched the same game........... I have been a Rovers fan since 1996 and never had a single post here cuz English is not my native so sorry if i might have made u misunderstood. I have watched Rovers played almost every matchs this season and most of them were painful to watch as a Rovers fan, especially after last night match,I had to get up 3am.......yeah 3am...to watch them played bad against team like Birmingham.....to watch they played like a CL team. I just upset with quality of some of our players, some of them just not good enough for PL...IMO... I rather see they play like what they did against Arsenal this season, they shown our somethings and made me happy to watch although we lost.

However, i just wish they gonna play better with the right players in the team, getting the better results and make Rovers pride.

Things dont look better the next morning.

Possibly the most disappointed I have been this season because its against a team who most of us would consider us better than if we compare them player by player.

If we drew it wouldve masked the ineptness of it all.

We hadnt played in that style for over a month now at least.

No one could pass the ball.

Grella and Dunn were severely missed.

For me, Roberts was useless. Offered no hope. And Diouf has been getting worse and worse. MGP did well to stop the tarnishing a lost reputation. And Andrews well when he came on I just slapped my head. He gave the ball away so many times, and I am sick of him thinking he is technically gifted cause it costs us alot of possession. I hope he never plays again for us.

Possibly the most disappointed I have been this season because its against a team who most of us would consider us better than if we compare them player by player.

If we drew it wouldve masked the ineptness of it all.

We hadnt played in that style for over a month now at least.

No one could pass the ball.

Grella and Dunn were severely missed.

For me, Roberts was useless. Offered no hope. And Diouf has been getting worse and worse. MGP did well to stop the tarnishing a lost reputation. And Andrews well when he came on I just slapped my head. He gave the ball away so many times, and I am sick of him thinking he is technically gifted cause it costs us alot of possession. I hope he never plays again for us.

Totally agree......

Aint that the truth!

Can't be bothered to look back at whats been said. I'm sure it makes for depressing reading. So apologies if this is echoing whats already been said.

Starting from the back.

Chimbonda - Masked his errors with some good covering tackles. But last night was not one of his best performances for me. Beaten too often and far too easily. Got caught up field on a couple of occasions almost leading to goals on the break.

Andrews - At one point in the 2nd half he delivered the worst cross i've EVER seen. Gave the ball away cheaply far far too often and that is very understated. Shambles. The only saving grace is he was not a starter.

Diouf - If he never puts a Rovers shirt on again i'll be a happy man. I find it amazing he once commanded a £10m fee. Absolutely no fire in his belly. Please shut the door on your way out.

Pedersen - Usual performance. Effort was little more than OK. If he leaves in January i'll not lose any sleep over it. That bloody throw in business is laughable. Its like watching a repeat each time. He takes them so far out now, they rarely have the distance. Even when they do Samba always fouls someone. Pointless.

N'Zonzi - OK didn't have the best of games. He's very very raw and was outclassed last night by two very accomplished players in Ferguson and Bowyer. Not concerned too much though. When he matures and develops he'll hopefully learn where to focus his energy.

Roberts - Watching dearest Jason last night was like watching an FA Cup tie between a PL and Conference side. Some big bulky striker sprinting about with no end product. He just gets by on effort alone. I do believe his work ethic has a place at the club. But please can he just come off the bench to ruffle some feathers once in a while. He's not a starter. Not by a long way.

The above (with the exception of N'Zonzi) were the real low points. The ONLY real plus point for me was Kalinic and Hoilett. Hoilett needs to be given a good run in the side. He can really hurt the opposition. As for Kalinic, i am rapidly starting to see why we paid £6m for him. The boy has got some class. Very neat link up play at times. Always let down by an ineffective outlet. Roberts was the most useless foil for him. Completely different wavelenghts. I think if we'd have played Benni or Di Santo we'd have pegged them back in and the course of the game would have shifted significanty.

Why dont the fans just vent their anger, on Saturday when we play Spurs? If Roberts, Diouf and Gamst play, then just let Sam know. Its now at a point, where its getting ridiculous. Sam will let Benni go, but has no intentions of letting Roberts go? Im starting to get more irritated by Sam. Our midfield has no creativity, and our strikers cant score.

I don't know what has happened to Diouf. When he joined he shamed the rest of the team with his effort, grit and determination when we were in deep sh*t last season. Now he looks like he can't be *rsed. He needs to go. I remember certain posters on here used to dislike Lucas Neill and said he only played well at contract renewal time. Well Pedersen has clearly decided he's not a hypocrite as he's playing as sh*t as he has for the last few seasons. The two of them add nothing. Grella is a player I like when he plays - but he has proved himself incapable of playing more than 3 or 4 matches in a row. I have never rated Roberts - he's a sub at best. McCarthy is our best striker but he also blows hot and cold - although he is fast-reaching the status of messiah with the anti-allardyce brigade.

Bottom line is that unless there is a flu outbreak in the next 3 days, if Diouf , Pedersen and Roberts start on Saturday it will be an absolute travesty after that.

ive still only spoken about 3 words to my girlfriend since 9pm last night.

what a shocking terrible performance.

start the cull

roberts - out

diouf - out

pedersen - out

andrews - out

clear out the deadwood and the big money earners and build something in the summer.

first time I have begun to question Allardyce now. It was your team, you are partially responsible for that crap.

as for your post match remarks, it certainly was not a toss up as to who was the better team bar the two 'sloppy' goals. Birmingham were heads above rovers in every department.

take some responsibility man and sort it out.

hoilett, benni must start at the weekend.

Dunn has to play at the weekend, even if he is incapable

I don't know what has happened to Diouf.

If the MEN is anything to be believed, then its his fetish for Pizzas ... and maybe just becuase he is actually crap now.

RevidgeBlue

Also in devil's advocate mode I would opine that on the whole the team played with more spirit and enthusiasm when McDonald was in temporary charge.

No devil about it Rev , was going to mention the same ... in fact I will - is it any coincidence since Sam came back how abject our display appears to have become again?

It has been suggested before but Diouf is probably much older than his official age.

He looks like he is mid-30s out there and he doesn't have the lifestyle to keep going like a Giggs does.

Agreed it doesn't look any better this morning. Losing at Brum is no disgrace. The performance last night was a disgrace. The Manager's selection and team set-up was an utter disgrace.

Once again, I returned from an away game questioning the attitude of a number of our players. For seventy minutes we were dire, Nelsen pulls a goal back and suddenly we start to get interested. It's simply not good enough when we are paying good money to travel up and down the country to support the team. It's a pity we can't field a team of players who show the same attitude as Nelsen, Samba and Givet. Yes, they may make mistakes but they always give total committment to the club. Last night I was extremely disappointed in the performances of the likes of Diouf, Pedersen, Roberts, Andrews and McCarthy. Too many of our players seem happy to just go through the motions away from Ewood Park.

However, in truth, we are paying the price for our lack of funding in the transfer market. The continual sale of good players and their replacement with cheaper options is now being reflected on the pitch in terms of results. Sadly, that is not going to change and the fact that Wolves are happy to field ten reserves at Old Trafford last night shows what a farce the Premier League has now become.

While I honestly believe that we will survive, our present away form means that we are never going to pull clear of the relegation battle. If we start losing at home we are going to have real problems. The game against Tottenham is now of vital importance. I just hope that ALL the players decide to turn up from the kick-off!

Archived