BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Sunderland - Dec 28Th Preview (Well Sort Of...)

Ok RIML I'm just going to leave it there you're clearly very passionate about defending Nelsen as I've never once criticised him for the goal yesterday.

Maybe last week he should have tried his best to win the ball rather than to draw a foul?

Ok fair enough, winning the ball against Crouch, I think Samba would have struggled with his height, he did the best thing imo.

Yes I am very passionate about Ryan Nelsen, I would have his babies and would name my child after him if I have children ;) I just don't understand some of the comments about him, I know Samba is a favourite but people rate him so highly above other players and I don't think Samba has been overly great this season, the way people rave on about him I just think he's so over-rated but that's just me.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

RIML, fact is Samba was a legend as soon as he first appeared huddled over in the dugout at Tranmere I think it was then he came on a had a complete airshot. Comic genius.

You should have said RIML, I would have been happy to put my replies in this thread to save you posting on two. :lol:;)

My team for Sunderland.

------------Robbo------------

Salgado--Samba-Givet--Olsson

-----------N'zonzi-----------

-----Emerton------Gamst-----

--Kalinic---Benni---Di Santo

Since we can't score lets put them all on, lol.

You should have said RIML, I would have been happy to put my replies in this thread to save you posting on two. :lol:;)

I've not started defended Nelsen in the half-term report thread yet ;)

Don't think I'm gonna change anyone's mind about him though, I really don't think he gets the credit he deserves, after the Carling Cup game not one person mentioned about him winning the toss to take the penalties first and towards the Blackburn End, just what you want from your captain :) aw he's brilliant, to say I love him would be an understatement!

Robinson

Jacobsen Samba Nelsen Givet

Emerton Salgado Nzonzi Hoilett

McCarthy Kalinic

Salgado or Andrews hmmmmm

I forgot all about Junior, I'll drop Di Santo then and put him in.

He wasn't great against Wigan, lost possession far too easily but he's probably our best option. He does offer more defensively than Pedersen so I'd stick with him.

I've not started defended Nelsen in the half-term report thread yet ;)

Don't think I'm gonna change anyone's mind about him though, I really don't think he gets the credit he deserves, after the Carling Cup game not one person mentioned about him winning the toss to take the penalties first and towards the Blackburn End, just what you want from your captain :) aw he's brilliant, to say I love him would be an understatement!

Robinson

Jacobsen Samba Nelsen Givet

Emerton Salgado Nzonzi Hoilett

McCarthy Kalinic

Salgado or Andrews hmmmmm

He wasn't great against Wigan, lost possession far too easily but he's probably our best option. He does offer more defensively than Pedersen so I'd stick with him.

Ah so now it becomes clear, you've got a crush on him! :blush:

Don't get me wrong he's a good player and one I wouldn't want to lose, but from time to time even the best of us don't do well and need a kick up the bum. In football its called the bench. I most certainly wouldn't want to lose him.

I'd have liked to have seen Hoillet moved to the right flank when Chimbonda was subbed, with Salgado moved back and Gamst on the left. I thought he threaded a couple of good balls against wigan, the one for benni's back-heel to N'zonzi was nice and our bet move of the game, IMO.

I do agree with you on Andrews, personally I think the only time he should be on the pitch is if whoever plays Roar calls in sick.

Ah so now it becomes clear, you've got a crush on him! :blush:

Don't get me wrong he's a good player and one I wouldn't want to lose, but from time to time even the best of us don't do well and need a kick up the bum. In football its called the bench. I most certainly wouldn't want to lose him.

I'd have liked to have seen Hoillet moved to the right flank when Chimbonda was subbed, with Salgado moved back and Gamst on the left. I thought he threaded a couple of good balls against wigan, the one for benni's back-heel to N'zonzi was nice and our bet move of the game, IMO.

I do agree with you on Andrews, personally I think the only time he should be on the pitch is if whoever plays Roar calls in sick.

He's been playing well and has been our main threat from set-pieces. I don't think Sam will drop him. He's a Nelsen lover like me, if Sam has his favourites Nelsen would be one of them ;)

Just looking at the league games we've kept clean sheets in and it's been pretty much the same back line of Chimbonda Samba Nelsen Givet.

West Ham 0-0 Jacobsen, Samba, Givet, Chimbonda

Bolton 2-0 Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen, Givet (sub Jacobsen 35 mins)

Stoke 0-0 Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen, Givet

Liverpool 0-0 Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen, Givet

Hull 0-0 Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen, Givet

He's been playing well and has been our main threat from set-pieces. I don't think Sam will drop him. He's a Nelsen lover like me, if Sam has his favourites Nelsen would be one of them ;)

Just looking at the league games we've kept clean sheets in and it's been pretty much the same back line of Chimbonda Samba Nelsen Givet.

West Ham 0-0 Jacobsen, Samba, Givet, Chimbonda

Bolton 2-0 Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen, Givet (sub Jacobsen 35 mins)

Stoke 0-0 Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen, Givet

Liverpool 0-0 Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen, Givet

Hull 0-0 Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen, Givet

We're hardly a threat from set-piece's though. Sky had up a set-piece thingy today we have 7 goals from set-pieces which puts us in the bottom 6 for goals scored from them.

Those four are our best back-line, but we need them all at the top of their game and if they are not we should have faith that the back-ups can come in, otherwise what is the point of a squad. If Samba started his silly mistakes again as he did at one stage under Hughes then I'd be calling for him to be dropped as well. We also need to accept that at 32 Ryan is coming into the twilight of his career and start planning for life without him and for me thats why we signed Givet in the first place, because he is in his prime at present.

We're hardly a threat from set-piece's though. Sky had up a set-piece thingy today we have 7 goals from set-pieces which puts us in the bottom 6 for goals scored from them.

Those four are our best back-line, but we need them all at the top of their game and if they are not we should have faith that the back-ups can come in, otherwise what is the point of a squad. If Samba started his silly mistakes again as he did at one stage under Hughes then I'd be calling for him to be dropped as well. We also need to accept that at 32 Ryan is coming into the twilight of his career and start planning for life without him and for me thats why we signed Givet in the first place, because he is in his prime at present.

He's our Jamie Carragher ;)

I'd go with:

Robbo

Jacobson Nelsen Samba Givet

Hoilett Emerton N'Zonzi Pedersen

Di Santo Benni

I think we'd have won on Saturday had Emerton been fit. Incidently Daily Mail suggests Di Santo will make way for Emerton! Bloody hope not. Like to see Kalinic come on when Di Santo makes his customary walk near the end.

That's worrying considering we create so few good opportunities from open play.

if benni plays alongside the other forward it will be 2-0 to us, if he plays in the hole 0-0 if bennis chances on saturday wasnt enough to show benni has to actually play in a full out attacking role then big sam needs a bitch slap.

We are in trouble now:

Blackburn v Sunderland

Sunderland are not great on the road. They are a bit in no-man's land as their results should be better with the players they have.

Blackburn are not pretty but they will always do enough at home. When they are away and without the ball it is different as they have not really got a prolific goalscorer. But at Ewood Park against some of the lesser teams they will make them crack.

Verdict: 2-1

Thus spake the Preston hairdresser through his faithful scribe.

Anybody been over the Grane Road recently? I usually dive off the bypass and go over the Grane Road and drop down Roman Road to the ground - is it still icy that way? Any info appreciated

Sorry RTH, I don't live over that way but I can say that the rain and general thaw over the last couple of days has reduced the snow and ice a lot and most roads are back to normal.

I think we will see Kalinic start today, Di Santo runs himself into the ground and after only a couple of days rest, we will I am sure see some freshening up of the players!

Sunderland have their central defenders out so I would like us to go two up top, I do agree with whoever suggested Olssen as a left side player, a bit of pace there wouldnt go amiss, alternatively, Chimbonda could push forward, leaving Jacobson, Samba, Nelsen and Givet at the back!!

Nzonzi and Emerton in midfield with Hoillet the other wide man, hopefully Benni and Kalinic up top!!

I would have Jones, Brown, Di Santo, Roberts, Pedersen, Diouf and Salgado on the bench!

Anybody been over the Grane Road recently? I usually dive off the bypass and go over the Grane Road and drop down Roman Road to the ground - is it still icy that way? Any info appreciated

its nice and clear now.unlike ice station wigan :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived