BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final Match Preview

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a friend who works in Darwin as a teacher, who said the school's been closed and there's about a foot of it at the school.

I'm guessing round ewood won't be quite as bad what with Rover's efforts round the ground and being more significant roads, but it is not sounding good.

Not from an official line - im trying to get that now.....

But dont be suprised Trent as the snow is still dumping down here

Ok cheers mate...

I won't be, as much as I was looking forward to it I think in the interests of safety for both sets of fans it would be the right decision and should be made as soon as possible

The snow wasn`t too bad at 6.30 this morning, but it`s gotten a lot heavier since then.

The bottom of livesey (at Ewood) keeps backing up, as vehicles struggle to get up the hill.

The gf was working nights in Salford last night. She set off home at 8am & still hasn`t arrived yet (it`s nearly 10am)

I live a stones throw from Ewood Park, although snowing heavily it is NOT slippy slow. Noone is slipping/falling and on that basis it could go ahead. However, the main roads are atrocious so if it does get called off, Blackburn have done all they could. It is down to the council to grit the roads. As per usual they don't care for others safety.

So its not official is it yet then Hughsey.

Ridiculous that the country comes to a bloody standstill for a few inches of snow. 2 weeks ago i drove from the Czech Republic to Blackpool, no problems driving through 4 countries with MORE SNOW and much colder than the UK. I got to the UK and it took me 9 hours to drive from dover to Blackpool....because people are absolutely clueless. Councils arent prepared and even though this is becomming more of a regular occurence nobody sells winter tyres for christs sake.

How do they think every other European country copes...the ones that actually have this for 5 months of the year?

I live a stones throw from Ewood Park, although snowing heavily it is NOT slippy slow. Noone is slipping/falling and on that basis it could go ahead. However, the main roads are atrocious so if it does get called off, Blackburn have done all they could. It is down to the council to grit the roads. As per usual they don't care for others safety.

If its anything like our council in Nottingham you can bet they had enough grit to do their car park though.

When we go to Austria (skiing resort), the snow is mega there - and what they do is send out all the gritters with snow plows on the front - and they go in a row, one by one with about 6 in a row - that way if the 1st doesnt get all the snow up, the next might and so on....

Why cant they do that here?!? Simple - because most councils only have 1 or 2 snow ploughs!

As for the game - no its not an official line yet - still trying to get that - the club need to act now and then that way people from down Sarf dont set off

So its not official is it yet then Hughsey.

Ridiculous that the country comes to a bloody standstill for a few inches of snow. 2 weeks ago i drove from the Czech Republic to Blackpool, no problems driving through 4 countries with MORE SNOW and much colder than the UK. I got to the UK and it took me 9 hours to drive from dover to Blackpool....because people are absolutely clueless. Councils arent prepared and even though this is becomming more of a regular occurence nobody sells winter tyres for christs sake.

How do they think every other European country copes...the ones that actually have this for 5 months of the year?

Sorry to point out the obvious but countries that have this for 5 months a year are obviously going to be better equiped to deal with it than a country that normally has it for about 5 days.

**UPDATE**

The groundstaff that have done a fantastic job all morning out trying to clear the area of snow have upped tools and gone inside. Is the meeting going ahead now?

Gut feeling it will be OFF.

Hope not as I was looking forward to it today.

Archived