BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final Match Preview

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to point out the obvious but countries that have this for 5 months a year are obviously going to be better equiped to deal with it than a country that normally has it for about 5 days.

snow tires, better grit, snow chains etc

Someone made a point a few weeks ago about countries that get snow regularly. They expect it, prepare for it and have it for a significant period of time so it is easily dealt with. We have it occasionally and it goes again, then comes back, then goes again so it isn't something that can be prepared for in the same way. If you knew you were going to get rained on every day for 4 months of the year, you wouldn't leave the house without a brolly. If it's sunny when you leave and then starts to rain, you get wet.

Just heard this:

If the snow doesnt stop by dinnertime its being called off ... reason being part of the M6 has been closed off so fans and players cant get up, has been mentioned that the players couuld fly up but Manchester Airport is closed so ... (N) Fingers Crossed eh!

Just heard this:

If the snow doesnt stop by dinnertime its being called off ... reason being part of the M6 has been closed off so fans and players cant get up, has been mentioned that the players couuld fly up but Manchester Airport is closed so ... (N) Fingers Crossed eh!

The Villa team would have travelled up yesterday.

The gf was working nights in Salford last night. She set off home at 8am & still hasn`t arrived yet (it`s nearly 10am)

She might be a while yet. My son left Manchester airport at 6 and arrived home about half an hour ago - over 3.5 hours.

Given the heavy snow is moving south towards Birmingham and is not scheduled to leave the north west until this afternoon I don't think there is any chance of the game being on.

As for the game - no its not an official line yet - still trying to get that - the club need to act now and then that way people from down Sarf dont set off

So Why on earth did you post "GAME OFF" with no further explanation.

How to ###### people off in one easy lesson.

Given the heavy snow is moving south towards Birmingham and is not scheduled to leave the north west until this afternoon I don't think there is any chance of the game being on.

It'll be about 3 feet deep by mid afternoon at this rate

I'm in the centre of Birmingham, and it is already coming down very thickly here now.

I'm in the centre of Birmingham, and it is already coming down very thickly here now.

That should be taken into account as well. If the game was to go ahead, you guys would be faced with an impossible journey.

official site

Having been in regular contact with the Police and the Met Office for the last few hours, we are now in dialog with the Football League concerning the prospects for this evening's Carling Cup semi-final 1st leg tie against Aston Villa.

We will make an announcement as soon as possible regarding the game.

Game on or off, I won't be making any journey today. That's official.

nor will I. It is pathetic that Rovers are saying ring back this afternoon, they need to wake up and recognise that the white stuff outside is snow and that many 100's of fans will be travelling long distances.

So Why on earth did you post "GAME OFF" with no further explanation.

How to ###### people off in one easy lesson.

Hughesy doesn't need any lessons in how to p!ss people off, it just comes naturally.

For the Villa fans this poster, Hughesy, likes to come up with all sorts of "official" stuff from the inside. As you can see he's gone from "GAME OFF" to "ring back at lunch time" in about ten minutes!!!. My suggestion would be you watch our/your club website and listen to Five Live. These are official sources.

My bet is the game will go ahead if it is safe to play. I'm not sure it's possible to take into account whether or not fans can get there, obviously crowd safety around the stadium is a different issue. Personally I shall go if the game is on, leave home early, park a long way from Ewood and walk....but then I'm only five miles away.

nor will I. It is pathetic that Rovers are saying ring back this afternoon, they need to wake up and recognise that the white stuff outside is snow and that many 100's of fans will be travelling long distances.

Rovers aren't saying ring back Mike, - that's Hughesy saying that. My post above suggests it will be called off.

There is now an official statement on the club site saying after discussion with police and Met Office the club are now talking to the Football league.

Hughesy doesn't need any lessons in how to p!ss people off, it just comes naturally.

For the Villa fans this poster, Hughesy, likes to come up with all sorts of "official" stuff from the inside. As you can see he's gone from "GAME OFF" to "ring back at lunch time" in about ten minutes!!!. My suggestion would be you watch our/your club website and listen to Five Live. These are official sources.

My bet is the game will go ahead if it is safe to play. I'm not sure it's possible to take into account whether or not fans can get there, obviously crowd safety around the stadium is a different issue. Personally I shall go if the game is on, leave home early, park a long way from Ewood and walk....but then I'm only five miles away.

The man's ('Hughesy') posts never cease to amaze me.

WHY POST S**T LIKE THAT WHEN IT’S NOT OFFICIAL :angry2::angry2:

No idea why, but thats just wound me up like the proverbial clock :(

Tick tock, tick tock.

Ha sorry guys - just passing on what id heard - hence why I said after it wasnt an official line.

Iv just spoke to the guy I know at ewood and his words were "Not looking good, il let you know as soon as we know".

Rovers aren't saying ring back Mike, - that's Hughesy saying that. My post above suggests it will be called off.

Den - 100% fact the woman in the ticket office told me that. Ring her and ask if you like..

Archived