BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final Match Preview

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awwww here he is again - like a little dog looking to score some points and get some treats.... :lol:

Hughesey, you know the old saying about when you're in a hole..........

You were bang out of order with your bogus announcement - best to let it lie I would have thought.

As for the postponement, unavoidable eventually but not good from a fixture congestion point of view.

Also will the rearranged fixture still be on TV? We don't want to lose the Revenue.

Don't see how the Club could have called it off any earlier to be fair. Had to give it every chance whilst still acting early enough to save inconvenience for travelling fans.

Thanks Maji.

Rear wheel drivers will struggle, front wheel - with caution will be fine

Thanks Dulwich :blush:

Its drivable, but not especially an enjoyable one!

The biggest problem with the area when it snows are all the hills. For instance it always snows worse in Blackburn than it does in Preston as Blackburn is higher, then again it always snows worse in Darwen than it does in Blackburn as that is higher, conversely it always snows worse in Rawtenstall/Rossendale than it does in Darwen as they are higher.

Therefore probably everyone on the messageboard is seeing different levels of snowfall.

Those that live on or around bus routes and main roads should be ok to get to Ewood.

Thanks guys.

Do we now call you Mystic Hughesy???

Awwww here he is again - like a little dog looking to score some points and get some treats.... :lol:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, the only person trying to score points on here was you. You were so desperate to be the first to spread 'insider' news and look all connected to the club that you ended up making yourself look a total plank.

Pathetic that it has taken so long to call.

Disagree. It's a big call with big implications and costs, and so had to be taken with careful consideration of all factors and with all the stakeholders having been consulted and being in agreement.

They've done all that two hours into the working day, and before anyone travelling from within the UK would have to set off (see tcjjones post - from South London).

I still maintain that the country shouldn't be grinding to a halt because of 4 inches of snow ... but that's another discussion.

Pathetic that it has taken so long to call.

9 Hours before kick off???

If you were driving from Devon you would only be looking to set off around now, how can they call it off any earlier?? If it had stopped snowing everyone would have said it was a disgrace that the game could have gone ahead.

No pleasing some people I guess

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, the only person trying to score points on here was you. You were so desperate to be the first to spread 'insider' news and look all connected to the club that you ended up making yourself look a total plank.

Awwwwwwww can you not read - i told you it was a text, not official - before anyone started kicking off....

Thanks Maji.

Rear wheel drivers will struggle, front wheel - with caution will be fine

Hardly...... That all falls down when a line of front wheel drive cars and even 4x4's are forced to stop on a hill behind just one rear wheel drive car.

Worst thing about all this is the attitude of people that work cannot manage without them. I bet more than half the traffic that was gridlocked this morning did not really need to be on the road.

Hughesy, if it's not safe around the ground the game will be called off. It's as simple as that.

Well most of the ground leading up to the stadium still has a cover of snow on, it will be freezing too - lets see whos right..... ^_^

Yep lets see who's right :)

Awwwwwwww can you not read - i told you it was a text, not official - before anyone started kicking off....

Awwwwwwww, you posted on two separate threads making no mention of the fact that it was just a text from a mate until people started asking if it was official. You've tried to look clever and failed, which really isn't surprising.

Can I ask how bad the snow is, and before people answer I'm in my 30's and have seen snow 6ft plus in Scotland. Is it drivable or is it that people don't know how to drive on it?

The snow in Pool is not bad at all and really its idiots who haven't got a clue what do to, like the chap I saw doing a drag racer impersonation into the railings at the lights today.

Hughesy thanks for letting us know what you've heard.

Thats a drift Majiball. :tu:

Anyway fresh snow has fallen on ice that the council has decided to leave on virtually every road in the borough. Cars slithering all over Preston New Road at 8.00am (and those going downhill too were unable to stop) was because of this factor not deep snow. Deep snow has happened since.

I must say I have never seen as poor an effort by the local council. Slowly but surely there is a fall in the quality pf public services despite so much being spent on them. There will simply have to be a massive re-alignment of the public services soon. Too much money is being spent on the wrong things.

Hughesey, the snow on your pictures would have to have trebled for it to be more than 6 inches deep.

He's talking crap again ... this is after a further two hours of non-stop snow (and it's the deepest bit I could find)

4247864194_6634af1d1a.jpg

They wont postpone it - simple!

TV, semi final = no chance of it happening - unless it dumps it down with snow too!

Hughesy, if it's not safe around the ground the game will be called off. It's as simple as that.

Yep lets see who's right :)

Correct - and yes your right, but like i said 'unless it dumps it down with snow' - which it just did!

Disagree. It's a big call with big implications and costs, and so had to be taken with careful consideration of all factors and with all the stakeholders having been consulted and being in agreement.

They've done all that two hours into the working day, and before anyone travelling from within the UK would have to set off (see tcjjones post - from South London).

I still maintain that the country shouldn't be grinding to a halt because of 4 inches of snow ... but that's another discussion.

Agreed, better than 15 minutes before kick off like what fulham did last season.

Thats a drift Majiball. :tu:

Anyway fresh snow has fallen on ice that the council has decided to leave on virtually every road in the borough. Cars slithering all over Preston New Road at 8.00am (and those going downhill too were unable to stop) was because of this factor not deep snow. Deep snow has happened since.

I must say I have never seen as poor an effort by the local council. Slowly but surely there is a fall in the quality pf public services despite so much being spent on them. There will simply have to be a massive re-alignment of the public services soon. Too much money is being spent on the wrong things.

Councils these days are so quick to quote health and safety regulations when we want to do something, yet ignore the same regulations themselves. Apparently if you cleared snow / ice from in front of your home and somebody later slips on it, you are liable - madness. The councils by not gritting pavements are breaking health and safety regulations.

I was just nearing Dublin airport to get a flight to Manchester when it was announced. Well done to Rovers for saving me a trip.

But bugger! I got tickets as a present from my brother on his 18th birthday, was really looking forward to it!

You will be able to catch the next game when a new date is anounced maybe?

Archived