BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final Match Preview

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently the hotel I'm staying in tonight in Darwen isn't accessible tonight so I can't really justify risking the four hour drive with the missus in tow. He seemed to think it would be off, wasn't best pleased either as he was going too.

Might be my fault, I've had rotten luck with sports fixtures this year. Haven't seen Rovers win a game and I had tickets for the last day of the last Ashes test only for us to win it on the forth. And I can't go next week :(

Den - 100% fact the woman in the ticket office told me that. Ring her and ask if you like..

C'mon Hughesy - the woman in the ticket office isn't the official rovers spokesperson, is she!

Rovers haven't said that, she said that to you personally.

Don't know about Blackburn and around Ewood but there's absolutely loads of snow here. They need to make a decision quickly either way though to inform the fans that have to travel in long distances. For me it's okay I could easy walk in on the soft snow for a couple of miles, but I wouldn't fancy travelling in on the roads which I can only imagine are really bad.

Set off to work in Haydock from Fernhurst Farm at 7.00 this morning, got to Charnock Richard Services at 8.45. Turned round got home at 10.15. Had to park at the Fernhurt Pub, can't get the car back home. So it took me about 20 mins to get from the motorway at J4 to the pub. Honestly can't see how it can possibly go ahead, as no one can get around, unless they want to play in front of 4,000.

Set off to work in Haydock from Fernhurst Farm at 7.00 this morning, got to Charnock Richard Services at 8.45. Turned round got home at 10.15. Had to park at the Fernhurt Pub, can't get the car back home. So it took me about 20 mins to get from the motorway at J4 to the pub. Honestly can't see how it can possibly go ahead, as no one can get around, unless they want to play in front of 4,000.

LOL! You're assuming we've sold 4,000 tickets?

;)

Would the weather give us or Villa an advantage?

Us - our players are slow - Villa's players are that fast that the snow and ice might take them off the pitch and they could then snap.

Shame as they said Milner was very doubtful for tonight too - now he will be fit in a weeks time

As for Gritters, I know of people who saw them last night near the cemetery (a666), golden cup (a666) & near lynwood (a666) - so unless they are driving around in empty trucks them im not sure what they are doing...... :huh:

I've seen plenty of gritting vehicles driving round, lights flashing giving the impression that they are gritting - however there is nothing being spread. Lots of people ringing Radio Lancs to say the same across the county. BwD Council have no grit - it's all about perception you see ....

I've seen plenty of gritting vehicles driving round, lights flashing giving the impression that they are gritting - however there is nothing being spread. Lots of people ringing Radio Lancs to say the same across the county. BwD Council have no grit - it's all about perception you see ....

Fair enough if true - however they havent contacted Bolton to ask if they can buy some, like Bury did!

From Official Site:-

"Carling Cup update

Posted on: Tue 05 Jan 2010

Having been in regular contact with the Police and the Met Office for the last few hours, we are now in dialog with the Football League concerning the prospects for this evening's Carling Cup semi-final 1st leg tie against Aston Villa.

We will make an announcement as soon as possible regarding the game."

A bit cryptic. Why talk to the football league? It's either safe or it isnt.

you ****** ****, **** ******* :angry::angry:

Arghhhhh!

Ignore him, he's thick a pig s***, and feels the need to act as if he is actually apart of the club to make himself feel/appear bigger and more important.

Finally youve stopped pretending to be a Rovers fan.

He was suggesting we have the advantage if it goes ahead, as those players would be back for Villa if it's postponed.

You sound like a sorry bunch over there! You should've seen how much snow we have!

I'm afraid to say Alexanders, we aren't as prepared as you are in Norway.

Here's how it is handled in Great Britain. By the start of the winter, if two snow flakes land within 2 metres of each other, panic ensues. If there's anything close to 1 inch of snow in London, the capital closes.

Although I will admit we've taken a battering temperature wise recently. I'm currently sat watching the feature program "No satellite signal is being received" on Sky HD. Brilliant!

For what it's worth, I shalln't be attending the game tonight unless this snow is suddenly transformed into superheated rain that melts it all very quickly. I'm parked facing upwards on a hill in Oswaldtwistle and getting my car out was impossible.

Archived