BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final Match Preview

Are they really bigger than the massiveness of Birmingham City?

That is quite possible the most ridiculous question ever asked on a message board in the history of the world wide web. Congratulations. *wink thing*.

I read that rumour that pubs will be shut, load of balls, all will be open.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it so hard to believe,

We have shown nothing recently to make any fan feel we have any chance of winning.

The players haven't looked bothered recently, So why should fans bother turning up. We know they can do much better.

Our football is awful,

It's on sky.

It's guna be cold and wet (weather not football)

It's close to XMAS i'm sure most people haven't had time to get tickets yet.

Before everyone goes mad, these are the facts and the attendence will show that, fans vote with there feet. I live in London and had to choose the home or away leg so i'll be there at the 2nd leg, even if we lose 4 nil on Tuesday

Yes...but it is a semi-final. That counters all that surely?

It is 3 years since the last one. Considering the continuingly diminishing way that we have spent money on players since then...it could be our last one for a very long time.

12-13k including 5,000 Villa fans? Jesus Wept

There aren't many times I'm ashamed to be a Rover but I am right now. Tickets at a 10er and 5er for Concessions for a cup Semi Final and that's the best we can do?

It isn't a shameful and embarassing amount of tickets sold...its downright disgusting.

This has killed a lot of enthusiasm I had for Tuesday and has left me feeling depressed. One wonders how John Williams must feel.

Well if you want to stay away fair enough but dont come back on here if wew get to Wembley saying how much your looking forward to a good day out. In my opinion for someone who's followed Rovers for 20 years days/nights like these are to savour. Bloody hell i remember Bournemouth on a freezing cold tuesday league cup tie in the 90s ###### wet through on an open end dancing in puddles as we couldn't see the edge of the area due to fog. A boring 0-0 at the end did i regret it not 1 bit!!! Be grateful for what you've got as 89 other league teams aren't in a position what we are in so get down and support the famous Blackburn Rovers on to victory!!

12-13k including 5,000 Villa fans? Jesus Wept

There aren't many times I'm ashamed to be a Rover but I am right now. Tickets at a 10er and 5er for Concessions for a cup Semi Final and that's the best we can do?

It isn't a shameful and embarassing amount of tickets sold...its downright disgusting.

This has killed a lot of enthusiasm I had for Tuesday and has left me feeling depressed. One wonders how John Williams must feel.

Are you going yourself??

Just thought that you might actually know how much the tickets were if you were going.

Why is there so much angst on this website? it is just ridiculous, if you want more people to go...take a friend!! if you want a better atmosphere go sit in the Darwen end or up the back of blackburn end. Or if you do not wish to sing move further forward so people can stand. I believe someone has started a Facebook group trying to promote this in the Darwen end, and everyone who wants a better atmosphere should be in full support. (this was read in a previous thred and it is frustrating)

I Wish i could make it to this game.... it's a semi Final... get a grip, a hat and some gloves :-) and get to Ewood. These are the nights which show what our club is about, hard work and determination to overcome the odds of town club to get to the final... it is OUR club, the club you have supported since you were 5 or 6, for some of us that could be 15 years or 50 years. The Club is what YOU an I make it.

It Is always the same questions that are asked use your brain to find an answer.

At this moment in time looking at the zero degree temperatures predicted for tonight and tommorrow theres a real chance that this game is going to be postponed because of the icy footpath conditions especially near me on Cravens brow.

From a public safety point of view theres going to have to be a lot of hard work done on the pavements and roads around Ewood, currently they arent safe enough.

At this moment in time looking at the zero degree temperatures predicted for tonight and tommorrow theres a real chance that this game is going to be postponed because of the icy footpath conditions especially near me on Cravens brow.

From a public safety point of view theres going to have to be a lot of hard work done on the pavements and roads around Ewood, currently they arent safe enough.

No chance it will be called off for ice.

I live near the golden cup - it was -6 this morning, but iv no doubts the game will still go ahead.

No excuses boys & girls - get your tickets and get to ewood.

He'll be lonely then den as it's shut according to the villa fans... He'd be better off manning the away 'cash only' turnstiles. They're going to be busy with the 10000 fans villa a lre bringing, they're also going to have 8 coachloads in the rovers end don't ya know.

Hughesy, if it's not safe around the ground the game will be called off. It's as simple as that.

Well most of the ground leading up to the stadium still has a cover of snow on, it will be freezing too - lets see whos right..... ^_^

No chance it will be called off for ice.

I live near the golden cup - it was -6 this morning, but iv no doubts the game will still go ahead.

Hughesy I admire your spirit but its youngsters like you that we need to protect along with the elderly. I've got a young lad in his bedroom right now with two pins in his tibia through breaking his leg last saturday night through slipping on ice.

TV, semi-final, whatever public function, if these conditions dont improve, the game will have to be cancelled.

There is a VERY strong possibility of this, though, what happens this afternoon should decide tommorrow nights fate.

Hughesy I admire your spirit but its youngsters like you that we need to protect along with the elderly. I've got a young lad in his bedroom right now with two pins in his tibia through breaking his leg last saturday night through slipping on ice.

TV, semi-final, whatever public function, if these conditions dont improve, the game will have to be cancelled.

There is a VERY strong possibility of this, though, what happens this afternoon should decide tommorrow nights fate.

A good (THE important) source next door says the game will go ahead unless there is more significant snow.

End of speculation please.

Archived