BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final Match Preview

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't honestly know, its a fair question. Its also though a fair question to ask why else wouldn't Rovers give us more? Especially given that we a) want them and B) could sell them, especially as it appears they aren't selling.

I don't know why we haven't been given more especially as you say 8000 are regularly given to other sides, as a result people are speculating and given the problems previously caused by some idiots in our colours surely you can see why people are drawing this conclusion? As yet we've been given no reason why we can't get the additional tickets.

Last season we launched the Taking Back Ewood campaign which involved housing home fans behind both goals. Our home record significantly improved (although it was probably down to Ince no longer being there) and the players commented that the atmosphere was better. For that reason Rovers have decided this year to keep home fans in that area and offer season tickets there. The exceptions to this were the 3 games where they knew they could guarantee selling out the DE at an increased price - these were City, Utd and Liverpool. There are obviously other games where they away support could be greater than the 3,000 currently offered (yourselves, Everton, Bolton, Sunderland etc..) but the club have chosen to keep home fans there and foresake the revenue.

To continue this trend, Rovers allowed home fans in the DE lower for the league cup QF against Chelsea. This is obviously what has happened here although with poor sales so far they are probably regretting it. The trouble caused by your idiots is no worse than the games I have mentioned.

I don't honestly know, its a fair question. Its also though a fair question to ask why else wouldn't Rovers give us more? Especially given that we a) want them and B) could sell them, especially as it appears they aren't selling.

I don't know why we haven't been given more especially as you say 8000 are regularly given to other sides, as a result people are speculating and given the problems previously caused by some idiots in our colours surely you can see why people are drawing this conclusion? As yet we've been given no reason why we can't get the additional tickets.

A friend of mine works at Ewood & is in a position of authority on matchday. He told me that when Villa beat us 4-0 about 2 seasons ago the Villa fans caused endless amount of damage that night in the Darwen End. Villa officials at the game that night were even shown the scenes before they left the ground & it were demanded that they paid for all damage.

Apparentley it was by far the worse vandalism done by away fans inside Ewood, and this is the reason they wont let 8,000 in the end on Tuesday night. It would make sense then if it were rumoured that Police only wanted to give them 2,000.

A friend of mine works at Ewood & is in a position of authority on matchday. He told me that when Villa beat us 4-0 about 2 seasons ago the Villa fans caused endless amount of damage that night in the Darwen End. Villa officials at the game that night were even shown the scenes before they left the ground & it were demanded that they paid for all damage.

Apparentley it was by far the worse vandalism done by away fans inside Ewood, and this is the reason they wont let 8,000 in the end on Tuesday night. It would make sense then if it were rumoured that Police only wanted to give them 2,000.

So why give them 8,000 the following year?

And why give them 5,300 and not restrict it to just 2,000?

So why give them 8,000 the following year?

And why give them 5,300 and not restrict it to just 2,000?

Is that what they brought last season when they beat us 2-0 ??? I cant remember.

I do think it being a night game & Villa fans being in the pubs drinking from mid afternoon has been taken into account with the decision.

Yawn, more BS from the claret and blue ...

... only its not BS but there you go.

From today's starting line up, how many do you expect will start on Tuesday? Surprised to see David 'The Tampon' Dunn starting considering the number of other senior players Alladyce rested.

Is that what they brought last season when they beat us 2-0 ??? I cant remember.

I do think it being a night game & Villa fans being in the pubs drinking from mid afternoon has been taken into account with the decision.

Lol. So we gave Burnley, who are 15 miles away, the whole Darwen End for a night match with no restrictions on travel with the history we have got. However we restrict Aston Villa.

We'll never know but everything that the club has done over the last decade points to Villa not getting 8000 tickets because we want home fans in that area.

So basically everyone has their own theories on this but in reality nobody really knows, everyone is just drawing their own conclusions so I don't really see how anyone can call anyone else's conclusion BS. Anyway its a pointless debate anyway the allocation is the allocation it ain't going to change now.

We'll never know but everything that the club has done over the last decade points to Villa not getting 8000 tickets because we want home fans in that area.

It is. That was the situation as explained by John Williams and Tom Finn at a recent Fans Forum.

We brought 6500 the following year and a load of knobheads after smashing in the Fernhurst blocked the road and brought traffic to a standstill for a good half an hour prior to kick off.

The straw that broke the camel’s back so to speak.

Lol. So we gave Burnley, who are 15 miles away, the whole Darwen End for a night match with no restrictions on travel with the history we have got. However we restrict Aston Villa.

The club let Burnley, Man U, Liverpool in, you can name whoever get a full allocation because they all behave themselves. They may stand up for 90 mins but they all behave well, i've been told that.

The only thing they have to watch for is adults getting in on junior tickets, and thats nowhere near the problems caused by Villa fans that night.

The club let Burnley, Man U, Liverpool in, you can name whoever get a full allocation because they all behave themselves. They may stand up for 90 mins but they all behave well, i've been told that.

lol, cos Burnely didnt make a mess of the loo's in 2001 did they.

It is. That was the situation as explained by John Williams and Tom Finn at a recent Fans Forum.

OK Rev. I didn't know that but that's what I thought. Thanks for clearing that up.

TrentVilla,was your allocation of tickets sold to season ticket holders only?

It was a bit more complex than that.

It went through season ticket holders with 8 away stubs, down to four, two and with an away booking history mixing in with those who went to Sunderland away. The tickets didn't get any further than that.

The only thing they have to watch for is adults getting in on junior tickets, and thats nowhere near the problems caused by Villa fans that night.

Hmm I dont know about that. I seem to remember playing Utd either last season of the season before and hearing reports from both sets of fans about the behaviour of the mancs and I am pretty sure somebody saying that a piece of seat was thrown onto the pitch as Friedel was seen removing it, I could be wrong but I do seem to remember it well.

Well, judging by today's line up and substituions it seems like we will probably go for this team on Tuesday:-

------------------Di Santo

------------------McCarthy

Hoilett----NZonzi------Dunn----Emerton

Givet------Nelsen------Samba----Chimbonda

------------------Robinson

A much better side. Only real question marks are whether Olsson has played himself in with a good performance, and whether Allardyce has another relapse and plays Roberts. If Grella is available (I don't think he will be) I suppose he could get in there also.

• Backroom

Kalinic deserves to start but I imagine it will be Dunn and Di Santo. I still think Sam doesn't actually rate Kalinic, he's singled him out for missing chances before and he was dropped after being by far our best player at Birmingham

• Backroom

If Kalinic doesn't start Tuesday I think it will be a mistake. If he scores Tuesday, after scoring today, it will boost his confidence significantly. How can he get a decent run going if he is not allowed to start two matches in a row? Besides of which, what does it do to the lad's confidence when he scores/plays well and is then dropped for the currently unachieving Di Santo?

If Kalinic doesn't start Tuesday I think it will be a mistake. If he scores Tuesday, after scoring today, it will boost his confidence significantly. How can he get a decent run going if he is not allowed to start two matches in a row? Besides of which, what does it do to the lad's confidence when he scores/plays well and is then dropped for the currently unachieving Di Santo?

Yes. It would be absolutely criminal for Sam to drop Kalinic now the guy has a taste for goal, but he's done it before so it wouldn't surprise me. Any excuses about the lad being tired are absurd.

Robinson

Jacobsen Givet/Nelson Samba Chimbonda

Emerton Nzonzi

McCarthy Dunn

Kalinic DiSanto

4-2-2-2

Hoilett would be much better as a super-sub striker IMO, and there is no point wasting space with Andrews/MGP who will add nothing to the team. Go all-out attacking, play some nice football and get the win.

Sam, we have good players and bad ones. To suceed my advice is pick the good ones. Forget tactics, pick the best 11 and then work out the formation.

Here's some help if fit

Robinson

Chimbonda Nelsen Samba Ollson

Emerton Dunn Nzonzi

mcarthy

de Santo Kalinic

Givet, Jones, Brown, Hoilet, Jacobson, Doran, Kinish, Haworth

NEVER EVER PICK

Selgado, Pedersen, Diouf, Roberts,

NEVER START WITH

Andrews, Grella, Reid, Ritgeors.

Archived