BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final Match Preview

True - I'd completely forgotten about it until last week. Got my tickets though - only thing that will keep me away now is if the weather gets horrendous and the roads are really bad. Hopefully the snow and ice will have gone by Tuesday though

Heaby Snow forecast for Monday Night. Could be issues withthe stands even if the pitch is playable.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried taking my pup a walk yesterday and in the space of 200 yards was on my arse 3 times,not after postponment just saying before my words are twisted.

People like you make me sick :angry2: trying to get the game postponed and using animals in the process, have you no shame?

A pup is for life not just for Christmas!

No problem at all with what you're saying brainfreeze, just saying how I'm feeling and by the sounds of things so are many other fellow supporters.

I'm not the biggest Hughes fan in the world, but under him I'd be going down tomorrow without any question because we'd possibly lose the game, but we'd go down fighting. I just don't think this side will fight for the manager and certainly won't for the fans.

I think you're right GAV, I'm going but I have absolutely zero expectation of any sort of performance. I thought the same before Chelsea so I'm hoping to be surprised.

We had our London Branch Christmas drinks and Paul Agnew came down to chat. He kept asking why we got so few fans for a CC quarter-final against one of the top teams in the world with cheap ticket prices. It was almost like he was ignoring me when I kept saying it was because we've seen how Sam tends to not play to win against the bigger teams, so people didn't want to waste their money to watch us get walloped.

I'm just hoping that he shows us again that he's willing to go all out to win the cup, like he did in that match.

(And Abbey, I'm not going, but I'll be at Villa Park on the 20th.)

I think it'll be ok, Met Office say:

Further sleet and snow showers are expected this evening and overnight giving a covering of a few centimetres, especially on high ground. Minimum temperature -4 °C.

As for the game the low tempature could play into our hands and make it difficult for them to pass it about so freely. I am still confident we will head to Villa Park with a lead because if we don't it is game over with our away record.

Further sleet and snow showers are expected this evening and overnight giving a covering of a few centimetres, especially on high ground. Minimum temperature -4 °C.

As for the game the low tempature could play into our hands and make it difficult for them to pass it about so freely.

Why don't we water the pitch as well and turn it into a skating rink?

Good Grief, is that what it's come to?

We're not that bad yet - are we?

:unsure:

Its okay, there going to be empty anyway aren't they? :D

Only kidding guys only kidding.

I've got my tickets and struggled to get 2 for my mates to come on the BBE, the phone lines got overwhelmed on Saturday so it caused issues, so I'm sorry, I can't see the attendabce being that bad, especially as there are now 70,000 villa fans coming...

:-)

As for the game the low tempature could play into our hands and make it difficult for them to pass it about so freely. I am still confident we will head to Villa Park with a lead because if we don't it is game over with our away record.

How does a minimum temp of -4 make you think it'll be ok to play modes?

Checked the forcast for tomorrow and it doesn't look like it'll get above -1, the areas around ewood could be very icy and dangerous. I have no doubt that the pitch will be fine but the surrounding areas may not be. That tends to be the reason why games are called off recently.

And in response to guybrfc. According to their forums the pubs are shut, they can pay cash on the night, the police wouldn't let them have 8k tickets, and they're already in the final.

They won't be able to buy tickets in rovers ends without a history of buying tickets at ewood park, if this is not the case then someone in the ticket office needs shooting.

Checked the forcast for tomorrow and it doesn't look like it'll get above -1, the areas around ewood could be very icy and dangerous. I have no doubt that the pitch will be fine but the surrounding areas may not be. That tends to be the reason why games are called off recently.

Jack Walker Way was salted twice over the weekend but is full of residents cars. All other side roads in the area are icebound.

And in response to guybrfc. According to their forums the pubs are shut, they can pay cash on the night, the police wouldn't let them have 8k tickets, and they're already in the final.

It's true about the police not giving them 8k tickets, my brother is in the police and they intervened and its why they were given something ridiculous like 3k when we played them earlier in the season.

So why are they so keen to come to Ewood then, when they could be saving their money for Wembley? <_<

It's true about the police not giving them 8k tickets, my brother is in the police and they intervened and its why they were given something ridiculous like 3k when we played them earlier in the season.

The same as the other 15 clubs who arent given the whole stand are being given?

Is there any point in posting facts when people just persist in posting complete bollux?

For the umpteenth and last time it was a club decision to have Rovers fans in all 4 sides of the ground. AS explained by John Williams and Tom Finn at a recent fans forum.

(I feel like that woman in the Fast Show who everyone ignores)

Also could you please explain how the Police stopped Villa getting 8k for the League game when the Club had already set aside the Darwen End for home fans as part of the "taking back Ewood" initiative?

Everything on the stadium side of Bolton Road will be fine.

As for anywhere else, I have crampons if anyone wants them.....and no, it's not the way I walk.

Tell you what its like they've never had a decent away following the way they're harping on about this. You just don’t get Liverpool and United fans talking up there support in the same way as this lot, and both bring much bigger numbers on a regular basis.

I was pointed to youtube recently to look at some posts from Villa fans that came to Ewood a couple of seasons ago, comments such as:

Villa take over Blackburn (That’ll be the furnhurst then) and Villa hordes invade Blackburn (That’ll be the furnhurst then)…etc etc……

They must have some sort of inferiority complex someway down the line over this. Can’t be anything to do with Birmingham, there away support is nothing short of pathetic for the countries second largest city.

I’ve always thought Villa had decent away followings myself, not the best vocally but good numbers, this season apart. But surely if that was the case they’d not be so excited about bringing 5000 to Ewood for a cup semi final?

I just don’t get it.

Anyway going to get tickets after work, son wants to go so can't disappoint, "Bah! Humbug!" ;)

This quote made me laugh:

"The fans are going to determine whether we get there on Tuesday night," said Allardyce

Looks like us the fans will be responsible if we don't win toimmorrow. :lol:

Not picked my ticket up yet, but I guess they'll still be plenty left.

I’ve always thought Villa had decent away followings myself, not the best vocally but good numbers, this season apart. But surely if that was the case they’d not be so excited about bringing 5000 to Ewood for a cup semi final?

Tbf i think they have been one of the more vocal set of supporters to come to ewood park

Just been out down Cravens brow, through Ewood, briefly flirting with the bottom of Livesey branch road, then along Bolton road all the way into town. All this in lovely blue skies but in temperatures of -1 degree.

All the pavements are covered in a thin layer of snow and ice and going off the mett office forcasts, they aint going to thaw out unfortunately.

Folks ! this game isnt going to be able go ahead tommorrow night due to the appalling state of the pavements and the forcast.

This quote made me laugh:

"The fans are going to determine whether we get there on Tuesday night," said Allardyce

Looks like us the fans will be responsible if we don't win toimmorrow. :lol:

:angry2:

Excuses in in advance.

On the upside it means we're all due to be struck a 1995 Championship medal. It was nothing to do with Alan Shearer after all..........

Didn't really help at Wigan having a sold out end of fans getting behind the team, response on the pitch was the usual rubbish we have seen of late.

Archived