BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final 2Nd Leg

philipl

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam has an enormous incentive tonight- win it and he can play 4-5-1 and Keith Andrews to his heart's content for the rest of his contract....

He may THINK he can - but the prem is worth more to Rovers than the carling cup.

Surely you should be going with 2 strikers today no?

Ah well I live in hope

You'd think so, but when has Sam ever done the right thing? I think he tosses a coin to decide the line up. One up front never works, but if we keep the ball on the deck and Dunn actually gets forward it might be ok. When we play 1 upfront the opposition central defenders must be rubbing their hands in delight, 2 against 1!!

Pedersen Starting?!

blurb_facepalm2_20090622.jpg

Looking at that side as usual we are relying on Dunny, he has to have a good game or we have no chance whatsoever. Problem is he looks like he has piled on a few pounds and looks far from match fit.

Amazing that we cannot play the same 11 each week and that over a year in the job and Sam has no clue whatsoever what his best eleven is.

It's like this I guess:

Robbo

Chimbonda--Samba--Nelsen--Givet

Emerton--NZonzi--Pedersen--Olsson

-----------------Dunn

------Kalinic

Or maybe Emerton in the centre and Gamst on the right? Looks like he'll ve on corner duty :-( I think he is due a good delivery on one. Hopefully he won't be trying his successful long throws! I hope Chimpbonda doesn't do he usual trick of bombing forward and then losing the ball cheaply n

Pedersen starting?? Did BFS not see his powder-puff performance in the first leg? Not sure about Dunny starting - he did nothing either and didn't look fit.

Benni and Reid arguably two of our better players from Sunday - both dropped??

Back to f**king 4-5-1 - why are we trying to defend a 1-0 deficit??? Normal, clueless, Allardyce service resumed.

Oh well, £30+ not wasted, I can watch something on Sky+ and we can concentrate on the League. ;)

Head: 3-1 Villa, 4-1 on agg.

Heart: 1-0 Rovers and we scab it on pens. But we all know that's just not going to happen.

Why Pedersen, why? He can't run, he can't tackle, he can't throw, he can't dribble, he can maybe score 1 goal every 15 games, but that's it.

How is Kalinic going to get the chances to score without McCarthy?

And who exactly is going to tackle Villa's players if Reid isn't playing?

Basically no idea how we are going to score, or how we will stop them from scoring.

Why Pedersen, why? He can't run, he can't tackle, he can't throw, he can't dribble, he can maybe score 1 goal every 15 games, but that's it.

How is Kalinic going to get the chances to score without McCarthy?

And who exactly is going to tackle Villa's players if Reid isn't playing?

Basically no idea how we are going to score, or how we will stop them from scoring.

It's obvious to nearly everyone, BFS has lost the plot and is USELESS. He must see things no one else does. Either that or he is taking the ###### out of us. Deluded, inept fat thick walrus.

• Backroom

3-0 or 3-1 on the night to Villa I think. Sam looks like he's making it easy for them.

It honstly baffles me how you can go into a game being a goal down and still put out a team with only 1 striker in it.

Expert or idot, I hope it turns out to be the former and tonight will go a long way to telling

Sam's decided to do it the hardest way possible:

- hard on the viewers because if Villa don't do anything entertaining, this will be dire stuff

- hard on the Rovers because he has not picked his best team

- hard on the supporters because this is not a team equipped to do what is required tactically to nullify Villa and has too many wholly unnecessary weaknesses.

Here is to the expert (Sam) proving the mouthy amateur (me) wrong.

Oh Sam! No! Why? Aren't we losing the tie? Haven't you seen 4-5-1 just doesn't work? We need to win, play 4-4-2 with Benni and Reid in the side. This guy is beginning to frighten me now. How can such an experienced manager cannot see what every Blackburn fan does? Not a clue.

• Backroom

Another prediction: Tonight this messageboard could resemble last Monday night if things go as expected

Inevitability: Abbey comes on soon and wont be a happy bunny

Archived