SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final 2Nd Leg

philipl

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Villa hardly broke sweat getting back into this. Dear oh dear.

No but they had to cheat to get back into it. Otherwise we were comfortable

Sam's after match excuse for once will be valid

Samba, why oh why did you tackle? You never do that. But Chimbonda was next to him, why did the ref send him off?

It was a last ditch tackle from behind, in the box, and he didn't get the ball. There's really not much argument against it being a penalty/red card.

Just watched the replay of samba's tackle and he definatly got the ball

He misses the ball with the tackles, makes contact with Agbonglahor and then takes the ball after the striker is going down. It's a clear foul and unfortunately a sending off. I do think the rule of automatic red card is ###### and have said so several times but unfortunately the ref is always going to send him off.

• Backroom

He misses the ball with the tackles, makes contact with Agbonglahor and then takes the ball after the striker is going down. It's a clear foul and unfortunately a sending off. I do think the rule of automatic red card is ###### and have said so several times but unfortunately the ref is always going to send him off.

Agreed I always think when its in the box a penalty is harsh enough but by the law he had to go

Even Alan Hansen says we should look at the positives. That seems to be impossible for a huge number of "supporters" on this site. Even if we lose 6-2 I'll still be chuffed about how we showed people on national TV we can play. Come on guys - support the team for god's sake

there is nothing to be proud of in shipping 6.......again.

Even Alan Hansen says we should look at the positives. That seems to be impossible for a huge number of "supporters" on this site. Even if we lose 6-2 I'll still be chuffed about how we showed people on national TV we can play. Come on guys - support the team for god's sake

boils down to the fact if we had gone for their throat last week then maybe just maybe..lose 6-2 and you will be chuffed?

Archived