BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final 2Nd Leg

philipl

Guest Kamy100

I am not Sam's biggest fan, however can't believe people are having a go at him, he got the tactics right. We are 2-0 up and in total control. Villa look nervous and all over the place, game changes with one poor decision from the referee. We had them at 2-0. If people really want to have a go at our team then have a go at Samba for reckless challenge which got him sent off.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure why the players would back off after going 2-0 up. sam always seems ultra-cautious in hanging onto a position, and if I was a betting man, I'd stick a fiver on him telling the players to back off and block them out.

Agbonlahor really is the worst cheating #### going. He's an out-and-out disgrace!

I am not Sam's biggest fan, however can't believe people are having a go at him, he got the tactics right. We are 2-0 up and in total control. Villa look nervous and all over the place, game changes with one poor decision from the referee. We had them at 2-0. If people really want to have a go at our team then have a go at Samba for reckless challenge which got him sent off.

If I could press that + button more than once I would. Right on the money.

To be honest, I'm just going to put people on ignore who blame Sam for this because they're obviously the ones that are going to complain regardless of what happens on the pitch. Either that or they're just ###### idiots.

Totally agree.

Fair point, although we DID sit back noticeably after it went to 1-2. We just cannot defend.

Samba is a c0ck though, even if Agbonlahor had scored it would have been 2-2 but crucially still 11 v 11 and we could have reverted to pushing on.

Oh well, relegation battle looms - and I'm still not sure Allardyve is the right man to lead us out of it. Time will tell now I guess.

:unsure:

how are people finding positives in this shambles, the ease with which we concede is frightening, 20 mins left with 10 men there is a strong possibility of a record defeat, Sam out!

Shut the (Please don't use that word again) up please, thanks.

how are people finding positives in this shambles, the ease with which we concede is frightening, 20 mins left with 10 men there is a strong possibility of a record defeat, Sam out!

I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't find a positive! Sometimes it's hard but at least a couple of our players have shined tonight. Chimbonda can't defend though, and Peds can't play centre midfield. Plus with 10 men we look far worse than usual. Still, we could sneak another goal.

Bang on.

It's Sam fault of course though, must have fallen out with Samba.....?

I'm not arguing that. But teams naturally sit back at times like that. My question is how does anyone on here know that Sam instructed them to do it?

Because apparently it wasn't Barack Obama it must have been Same :P

I didn't say he had, my point was that the tactics/team response definitely changed.

Always thought one of the times a team is vunerable is right after they score - if we could have kept our composure for 10 mins of so after Villas first we might not have captulated like that.

And like it or not that kind of tactical nous _should_ be up to the manager to work out of the players.

But then it absoutely fills me full of bile every time I see any player stop and raise his arms to claim an offside - even playing Sunday league football we were told to play to the whistle

Anyway, 40 mins ago we were all going to Wembley, now look at us?

It is depressing being a Rovers fan at times!

• Backroom

Big Sam is not to blame for what's happening tonight, he got it spot on.

The players are to blame - Samba in particular.

In fact, I think the players have been to blame more often this season than Sam has.

Feel gutted for the Rovers fans that went to this one, I feel bad enough watching it on TV.

To be honest, I'm just going to put people on ignore who blame Sam for this because they're obviously the ones that are going to complain regardless of what happens on the pitch. Either that or they're just ###### idiots.

so he gets it right and we score two but they score five and hes not to blame? like he says hes the expert (when we win) and its the players (when we lose)

im sorry our away form has /is ######.

so he gets it right and we score two but they score five and hes not to blame? like he says hes the expert (when we win) and its the players (when we lose)

The game was over the minute Samba recklessly threw the game away.

If we had conceded five with eleven men then I'd be in total agreement with you.

I agree. I can't believe that Sam would have told the players to sit back and switch off after the goal, plus they clearly lost their heads after that pathetic ref decision (something they shouldn't have done). Nothing Sam could have done about Samba's sending off.

We were down to 10 men or isn't that relevant? You are beyond belief.

• Backroom

I don't think Sam can be blamed I just said in the sam thread I doubted the line up but it seemed to work, however I don't think we expected to go 2-0 up and that confused us somewhat then the referee changed the game.

Samba was idiotic but has saved us many a times, about time he had a spell out of the team anyway and it lets Givet go into CB

Archived