BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final 2Nd Leg

philipl

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VERY proud of the lads, tactics were spot on, one dodgy decision and a silly tackle ended our hopes but lots to look forward to.

Go buy a dummies book on football.

When you are 2-0 up and find yourself 5-2 down you cannot blame anyone but YOURSELF.

Goodbye.

So so proud. We didnt give up. Not even at 2-5 down with 10 men and thats something I havent seen from our team in a long time. I hope this is a sign of things to come. Defence is a huge problem and may need fixing sooner rather than later.

What a effort from the boys.

Special praise for Emerton, MGP, Givet and Olsson.

I dont think after a night like this we should dwell on the negatives too much because we saw our old Rovers back. If it wasnt for the red card, I am certain we had a shot at it. In fact, Agbonlahor may have missed it too.

I hope Allardyce is given a bit of money and he sticks to the philosophy we saw tonight. There are no excuses after this performance.

Go buy a dummies book on football.

When you are 2-0 up and find yourself 5-2 down you cannot blame anyone but YOURSELF.

Goodbye.

Who is yourself does he play for Rovers or Villa? I blame Samba for a tackle that meant we were down to 10 men, do you know how to count? 11 vs 10 against possibly the quickest team in the league, what did you think was going to happen?

DONT BLAME SAM HES THE EXPERT!!!! :P

Abbey - if any thread has proved that you are more bothered about being anti-Allardyce than actually being constructive or realistic with your comments then this is it.

I'm sorry, but I'm scratching my head for positives. I'm pleased to see Kalinic and Olsson progressing, but that's about it. We can't defend for toffee - really. It's impossible for us. Samba really let us down, but we could still try to keep it tight. Aston Villa's goals were all too easy. I can't feel pride in a result such as this.

We lost this game at Ewood, if we had played like we did through out this match we would be on our way to Wembley for sure...

I am proud to be a Rover's fan tonight, Samba should be ashamed with himself, the rest of the team should come out next Wednesday with the same go for it attitude, we can build from this.

I saw a lot of positives tonight even in defeat, Olsson must be firmly sat on the wing he was brilliant, Kalanic should be up there every game he is fit, Robinson World class tonight, should be in the England squad.

Negatives: There is obviously something going on with Samba atm, the weird celebration on Sunday and his general play and demeanour in-game shows he aint happy about something,

Dunny looks to me on his last playing legs or he also isn't interested

Bring on Wigan.

• Backroom

I know it doesn't matter but I like to hear that even Hansen is giving us credit tonight.

If you told me we would score 4 tonight I would have laughed at you.

Now we just need to learn to defend.

Olsson and Kalinic were both great

I forgot to mention Kalinic cause his goals were so long ago but he has what it takes and I hope he takes confidence in todays performance.

On a side note, Dunn was abysmal today and the injuries are beginning to come back. Reid was decent when he came on.

Robinson, despite a couple of class saves, I still think too many goals go past him.

Archived