BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Martin Olsson

I couldn't find the Olsson thread (mods can merge if they can find it).

The solution to our left wing position? He has played really well in the last few games, he has decent pace, can cross a ball, good work-rate and has a decent technique as seen with the goal tonight.

I just don't see how Sam can drop him right now, he has to stay in the team and get a decent run of games.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't find the Olsson thread (mods can merge if they can find it).

The solution to our left wing position? He has played really well in the last few games, he has decent pace, can cross a ball, good work-rate and has a decent technique as seen with the goal tonight.

I just don't see how Sam can drop him right now, he has to stay in the team and get a decent run of games.

Even pedersen on the inside was a change and worked well with Olsson - don't think it is the answer, but a lot better than having Andrews in midfield.

And how many of us were calling for him to be played on the wing in place of Pedersen? How right the fans are!!! I was surprised that Pedersen played CM as I'd have played him as second striker. Or at least I wpuld now that Dunn (fitness) and Benni (fatness) look unlikely to play for us much more this year.

His goal was a good'un too! ALMOST a worldie! If that had been scored by a top club player, it'd be one of the goals we constantly see on telly. I hope Olsson can push on, play as well as he has in his new berth. Getting a potential goal of the season was a great way to (hopefully) kick start what was a faltering career!

Olsson, Kalinic, N'Zonzi, Hoilett....we may have an exciting future!

Defo better than Pedersen.

I think that if we spend money on a quality midfielder - someone that can hold it all together - then we could play Hoillett and Olson and that would give us real pace going forward.

The key is playing the right way for the team, because the team cannot play the way the manager wants. Hopefully Sam has got that message now.

been saying that he's a left winger for ages, about 2 years... he's done us proud tonight, so has Niko, apart from the result, I for one am happy... even Peedo in the middle worked well in the 1st half... Olssen needs a run in there now... Hoilett on the right too, we will look even more threatening!!! COYB!!!

• Backroom

Great performance tonight and on Sunday, his goal was superb. We've seen he can hit a ball as he hit an absolute thunderbolt at Arsenal as well.

Fans have been calling for Olsson to play left-wing for awhile. Glad to see Sam is finally catching up....

To be fair - since last season at Spurs I think Olsson has come on leaps and bounds and part of that development has to be down to the work Sams team have done with him.

Left back or left wing - he looks twice the player he was & more importantly only 21 years old.

Olsson's kinda been at the club for a while... I think if anything Sam should be credited for deciding to try him on the left wing like the fans wanted, rather than mocked for not trying it sooner.

Olsson and Hoilett starting on the wings next game would be brilliant. Kalinic has to play. How many goals has he scored for us now in the cups?

To be fair - since last season at Spurs I think Olsson has come on leaps and bounds and part of that development has to be down to the work Sams team have done with him.

Left back or left wing - he looks twice the player he was & more importantly only 21 years old.

You've nailed it there Hughesy, proves our manager will keep giving these guys an opportunity as well, which is good.

Last night should do his confidence the world of good!

Well played Olsson!

The one massive attribute he contains which we sorely lack to is pace - so hopefully he just keep progressing for us.

Ashley Young didnt get past him much, yes he had one or two runs when the ball was played in behind the defence, but not when running direct at Olsson.

The one massive attribute he contains which we sorely lack to is pace - so hopefully he just keep progressing for us.

Ashley Young didnt get past him much, yes he had one or two runs when the ball was played in behind the defence, but not when running direct at Olsson.

I think MGP helped playing inside and supporting him, they linked up well. I was surprisingly impressed by MGP but Olssen was outstanding.

We must give Olssen a start vrs Wigan. He really has come on leaps and bounds.

I do think Sam has to be commended for the emerging talent in the side, with N'zonzi, Hoillett, Niko, Olsson & also Phil Jones we have what looks like a bright future!! I always was of the opinion that Sam saw this as an intermediate season, blooding the youngsters & moving some of the older heads on by the end of the season!

I just hope that these players continue to progress & dont join the long list of false dawns we have previously seen in the likes of Marlon Broomes, Ben Burgess, Jay McEverley & Joe Garner!!!

I do think Sam has to be commended for the emerging talent in the side, with N'zonzi, Hoillett, Niko, Olsson & also Phil Jones we have what looks like a bright future!! I always was of the opinion that Sam saw this as an intermediate season, blooding the youngsters & moving some of the older heads on by the end of the season!

I just hope that these players continue to progress & dont join the long list of false dawns we have previously seen in the likes of Marlon Broomes, Ben Burgess, Jay McEverley & Joe Garner!!!

We also seem to be buying in more younger ones - Linganzi is nearly here (right?), plus a couple of others have been mentioned. Obviously a general long term strategy - Nicko said scouts were sent out with a remeit to find new young players in October.

I think Olsson is my new favourite player. Does he count as 'home grown'?

We were talking to Martin before the Birmingham game and Mr Roversmum said to him he'd like to see him on the wing.

Martin, you are a credit to the club! In the melee after the match, a steward was trying to steer Martin off of the pitch. He was having none of it and insisted on going over towards the Rovers fans to applaud them!

Well done. Great game and obviously cares for the fans. Keep it up, lad.

Here's hoping eh!

If we can get Jones through to the first team in the next 12 months & continue progressing with the others, whilst improving our midfield in the summer then we could have a very good mix, with a much bigger re-sale value if we are ever in desperate ened.

Futures Bright - Futures Blue n White!

We were talking to Martin before the Birmingham game and Mr Roversmum said to him he'd like to see him on the wing.

Martin, you are a credit to the club! In the melee after the match, a steward was trying to steer Martin off of the pitch. He was having none of it and insisted on going over towards the Rovers fans to applaud them!

Well done. Great game and obviously cares for the fans. Keep it up, lad.

Real touch of class right there. :brfc:

Archived