BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Martin Olsson

He hit one golden opportunity straight at Jensen today and should have done better on a few occasions after getting into brilliant positions. He won us a penalty, but he probably should have taken it away from the defender and then rounded the keeper. Instead he got caught up and went over knowing he wasn't going to score.

Perhaps I should rephrase what I said. Maybe it's not so much to do with finishing. Rather, he often gets into good positions but doesn't always do well when he's in them.

Before anybody jumps on me for being overly critical, this really is a minor criticism. I think he's looking pretty good and had a great game today.

The golden opportunity came to his right foot unfortunately or he would have broken the net. Could easily have had a hat-trick today and from the wing! Some player he has become and I've said all along this is his best position.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this lad was quality again yesterday and put pay to claims by some on here that he'll only make it as a left back - which was nonsense.

He's got too much talent going forward along with the ability of being able to time his runs perfectly. I'm looking forward to seeing him mature next season along with Jones, Hoilett, N'Zonzi & Niko.

There is less pressure in the early rounds of the CC.

And Burnley also stopped playing when they saw the flag go up.

It didn't, the WHOLE ball has to be over the line. Ergo from the side view you should see the whole sphere past the posts, only slighly more than half the ball was over at most.

1 - it was the 2nd leg of a Semi Final :rolleyes:

2 - Pathetic excuse, he scored and they didnt stop

3 - The ball did cross the line - and im suprised MOTD2 didnt show that x-ray view thingy they have.

Odd that he admits when I am sure I can see Mears kicking the sole of his foot just as he enters the penalty area. For any who wish to watch it again, put it on slow mo and it appears Mears right foot kicks the sole of Olsson left foot, just as Olsson enters the area, and it looks like his foot wobbles a bit afterwards.

Am sure he has probably admitted it just to wind the dingles up even further.

I still dont think the ref should of given it as during the match it wasn't apparent that there was any definite contact and I would not complain if Olsson had been booked.

As for any retrospective action. There cant be any. FIFA/UEFA have just recently shown that with the Thierry Henry handball.

It was a blatant dive, neither Jensen or Mears (?) touched him. The ref didnt give a card btw because he didnt know which one to book which, considering there wasnt a foul was fair enough.

Watch it again, Jensen's foot CLEARLY touches Olssons foot, it was an exaggerated fall and can be classed as a dive- regret it? Hell no! Remember EHD Vs Rovers, it has happened to us and this is merely Karma.

Watch it again, Jensen's foot CLEARLY touches Olssons foot, it was an exaggerated fall and can be classed as a dive- regret it? Hell no! Remember EHD Vs Rovers, it has happened to us and this is merely Karma.

Regret it? God no. Olsson dived and then stuck out his left leg to touch Jensen, and even then he barely made contact. If that had been done against us we would be livid. The fact that we clearly were the better team does seem to take the heat off it somewhat but in a closer match, Olsson, quite rightly should be embarrassed about that.

• Backroom

I'm at the stage off not caring now, fact is Olsson dived and got out of the way but if he didn't Jensen would have collided with him.

A dive is a dive but in this instance I don't give a damn, equals out the ruled out goal

He's shown a bit of ability in midfield over the last few games he's played there. Looked great against Burnley though was helped by the fact that they didn't play well at all. If he can play like that against teams like Fulham and Birmingham I'll be very impressed. Still think he could yet drop into obscurity like plenty of other young players who've shone at first and then been dropped.

He's shown a bit of ability in midfield over the last few games he's played there. Looked great against Burnley though was helped by the fact that they didn't play well at all. If he can play like that against teams like Fulham and Birmingham I'll be very impressed. Still think he could yet drop into obscurity like plenty of other young players who've shone at first and then been dropped.

Why? He's come on in leaps and bounds this season. It's not exactly a flash in the pan, is it? Not saying he's going to be a massive star but just that I can't see why he should fade into obscurity either

I think his dive was a reaction to the "goal" he'd scored only 4 minutes earlier being disallowed. From his reaction he knew he was onside. I don't condone diving, we've been on the wrong side of this too many times but I can understand this one. And after all justice was done.

Archived