BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Martin Olsson

• Backroom

Possibly, but I doubt we'd be looking to sell him in January. It'd take a pretty high bid for us to want to shift him that early, should he perform as well as he did in the last half of last season. He seems happy at this point in time to wait, so I think any serious interest could be deflected at least to next summer's window.

Still, it's really all speculation (and negative speculation at that!). I genuinely hope Olsson performs well and stays at Rovers for years to come.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

........ Not saying he won' go at some point. Of course he will if he outgrows the club and we can't match his ambitions or his wage demands. I just don't feel the time is yet.

Does anybody know when his contract runs out? That might hold the key. We might wish we'd flogged him if or when he beggars off for nowt.

sorry b&w rover I've just read the above.

Great minds and all that.

I think this year is a very important one for the future of Martin - If he can carrying progressing at such a rapid rate and work on his finishing, keep injury free I can see him playing 30+ games next season :)

He seems the sort of player to have his head screwed on though and will strive to do the best he can. If he can improve his goal tally I feel we have a real player on our hands here and id be happy to see him, hoilett, nzonzi, kalinic, hanley, jones, fielding all progress over the next few years - I cant remember we had that sort of potential at our disposal.

Anyways Olsson should start next year as a left midfielder and be used as a lb only when where short... Cant wait til August now.

Thanks..

Is this just his agent or could he have moved on ?

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch

I would have thought it true enough, given that there is nothing gained by making it up and at his age he is capable of playing at left back and more than capable of flying down the line in a left wing position and beating his marker, not to mention that he has a very decent shot on him and can score goals.

I'm very happy for Martin that he is enjoying his football at rovers and I am more than happy that we have signed him for 5 years and the bonus for me is that he seems a loyal lad too.

• 1 month later...

OLSSON and JONES are my two picks for next season, they will both play the majority of the games and be our leading stars along with Samba and hopefully one of our attacking players..

I actually started believing in Olsson when I heard that he'd smashed up the dressing room after his horror game v Spurs, he's got that fire in him - and you can see it in his game. I personally think he would make a brilliant left back in our system, as most players learn the defensive side of the game better with age. This season, we will see his great runs behind the defensive line of the opposition, and hopefully one or two (or ten) goals from his left (or even right) foot.

The future's so bright I gotta wear shades

OLSSON and JONES are my two picks for next season, they will both play the majority of the games and be our leading stars along with Samba and hopefully one of our attacking players..

I actually started believing in Olsson when I heard that he'd smashed up the dressing room after his horror game v Spurs, he's got that fire in him - and you can see it in his game. I personally think he would make a brilliant left back in our system, as most players learn the defensive side of the game better with age. This season, we will see his great runs behind the defensive line of the opposition, and hopefully one or two (or ten) goals from his left (or even right) foot.

The future's so bright I gotta wear shades

I presume you dont read the transfer or takeover threads then, you might not think the future was so bright if you did. :lol:

Archived