BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Martin Olsson

Never a left-back! Has to be left wing. Simple.

I think he's a useful left back, but he's definitely better as a left winger/attacking midfielder ('cos he floats about a bit in Sam's formation).

He's turned into a dynamic player. The side is poorer when he's not in it.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is he injured? He was taken off early at Deepdale but no word of what happend. No matter what formation, Olsson is one of our best players.

Yes he is injured.

Allardyce hopes it won't be for long but it's not yet clear how long he will be out.

Wing-back!

Possible. Sam may start 3-5-1-1 which i personally think is our best formation.

I am an advocate of 4-4-2 but everytime we (the fans) vented our frustations at Ewood and even chanted "4-4-2" we never seemed to pick up any points (off the top of my head)

Due to our lack of pace and creativity we all know we have to stifle teams and hopefully score from a free-kick, corner, throwing or a wicked deflection.

4-4-1-1 with olsson pushing on is a good formation.

I presume you dont read the transfer or takeover threads then, you might not think the future was so bright if you did. :lol:

I have ;)

The future IS bright, because we have two players coming through right now (at least) who I believe can lift the whole team up, and in the end command a big transfer fee. There's a lot of positives amongst the doom and gloom (money issues), I guess is my point. His position isn't the most important thing right now, as I said I really think he will succeed in the role he's playing at currently as a left midfielder - and in a few years I think he will make a fine attacking fullback.

I love teams who use their fullbacks in their attacking play, they can be such a force. Especially in a team that lack creativity and mobility in midfield...

I look forward to the upcoming season, thinking Olsson, Jones, Kalinic, Hoilett and N'Zonzi can keep on building and play major parts in the youngest Rovers XI we've seen in the ten to fifteen years that I have followed Rovers. I'm usually a hater, not a lover - so please don't ruin it by talking about money. Our long throws will put an end to my glee as soon as the season starts, so there's no need....... ;)

I am an advocate of 4-4-2 but everytime we (the fans) vented our frustations at Ewood and even chanted "4-4-2" we never seemed to pick up any points (off the top of my head)

Pompey at home seems to spring to mind? 2-0 down at half time, Roberts n Benni Mac on at half time?

Pompey at home seems to spring to mind? 2-0 down at half time, Roberts n Benni Mac on at half time?

That was definitely a 4-3-3, which has more in common with 4-5-1 than 4-4-2

My mother is in her late 80's and doesn't go to many matches although she follows rovers on the radio and TV when they are on. However, she did see Blackburn play Fleetwood Town recently and was very impressed with Olsson. If she has given him her seal of approval he must be very good

Seem to recall he had a trial for us but we didn't take it any further.

Yep:

Martin, who originally arrived at Ewood in January 2006 on a trial from Hogaborgs BK with his identical twin brother Marcus.

Dunno why we bought both identical twins over for a trial. Once you've seen one, you've seen them all* :lol:

*Sorry, I know it's pathetic but I just had to say it.

Even taking into account the sell on clause for Bentley, those players raised over £40m. Where would we be now with a hole in our budget that big?

We'd probably be able to spend very little if any money on new players, and finances will be extremely tight and uncertain. Thankfully, this is not the case now---

oh wait.

I've got Phil Jones on facebook and Olsson wrote on his wall the other day taking the p1ss about how he 'did him' in training :xmas:

Random but not sure where else it goes :brfc:

Archived