BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Time Up Pompey?

Stuart

The West Ham money can surely only be because there is a sniff of a business opportunity.

Losing 4 points is largely immaterial when most other club will be losing 3. And if they do survive, teams around them could end up with 6 points from Pompey's youth team.

Plus the points total to stay up could be as low as 34 points for a 36-fixture division. Give or take.

Not quite - West Ham will lose more than a few teams around them - Wigan and Wolves for instance who won't lose any.

You do make a good point about the matches Portsmouth play after any fire sale - this must give an advantage to any team still to play them (including Rovers).

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Pompey are able to sell players to other clubs in the premier league then it could have a major impact on the title chase, European qualification and even relegation. If they sell a player to a club and this player scores a winning goal that decides the fate of other clubs then watch the uproar and legal challenges fly in.

If we were allowed to sell players outside the transfer window, I know who would be first to go on my list.

Might not bring much cash in though. ^_^

He's been in the Premier League five minutes and he's already running his mouth, another reason to hate the dingles:

"I would hate to think the Premier League would allow them such a ridiculous thing beyond the transfer window"

Burnley manager Brian Laws

I found the last sentence sums up pompeys situation-

"Endeavour Plan, an investment fund run by New Zealand businessman Victor Cattermole linked with a takeover, has been investigated by financial regulators"

I would have thought he would be a perfect owner for pompey after their recent owners records!!

I found the last sentence sums up pompeys situation-

"Endeavour Plan, an investment fund run by New Zealand businessman Victor Cattermole linked with a takeover, has been investigated by financial regulators"

I would have thought he would be a perfect owner for pompey after their recent owners records!!

The funny, not funny, thing is that having been investigated would make them not "fit and proper" under PL rules unless they have been 100% cleared! Far better be totally dodgy from a country without financial regulators or, better still, be the regulator yourself (City's last two owners!).

Incidentally, what a surprise (not) that the investigating accountants have found that the debt is at least £10m more than Pompey are saying it is. The really shocking number is that the tax man is owed £18m and he has only gone to Court to recover £12m.

Sounds like Pompey is finished then. They can't sell players, can't afford to pay their tax bill (looks like the parachute payment wouldn't cover the £18 million tax bill if the telegraph is correct) and it's going to take a miracle to find an owner with the money to bail them out.

Feel for their fans but for the good of football its right that they face the consequences of their poor decisions and bad management.

There was a cheery BBC report saying Pompey are going to be bought by South Africans. However, the numbers are unrelentingly grim.

Wonder if Storey has received one of those emails from some unfortunate guy who just needs £10,000 to facilitate the release a £60 million fortune?

Stoke have just scored the winner. I wouldn't get too excited just yet if I was them.

Sounds like Pompey is finished then. They can't sell players, can't afford to pay their tax bill (looks like the parachute payment wouldn't cover the £18 million tax bill if the telegraph is correct) and it's going to take a miracle to find an owner with the money to bail them out.

Feel for their fans but for the good of football its right that they face the consequences of their poor decisions and bad management.

If pompey are finished it could be the start of the domino effect

JW has been positioning the Rovers for the last few years in anticipation of the football implosion which is looming large on the horizon.

When it happens the Rovers will be better placed than most and will survive, and may even be at the real top table again for a while

:rover:

If they do go bust good riddance!!! To pay players £50-£80000 a week as reported is obscene especially when they haven't got the ground capacity to subsidise 1 never mind numerous players which they did and sadly for them will ultimately lead to their downfall!! For me it just goes to show how well our club is run and long may it continue as 90% of the Rovers supporters would love a millionaire/billionaire to buy our beloved club but at what cost.Boom or bust is here and sadly will be for the foreseeable future so which postion would you rather have. A club with a renowned coach as in Avram Grant with a club going out of business or Big Sam who knows how to get the job done!! I know which corner i'm in and its not the pretty boys brigade!!

Archived