BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Time Up Pompey?

Stuart

So by the end of the day Pompey should be sat on 7pts, 17pts a drift of 17th! Thats 1 gone!

Just read this on BBC from the accountant that had to look at thier debts....

"The club could end up a few leagues further down the football pyramid, but for the majority of Pompey fans that will be a good result.

"A perfect result would be a properly constituted board."

Portsmouth are likely to need between £22m and £26m to keep the club going until the end of the season :o:o

To me they sound completely ruined and im not sure why anyone would want to buy them......

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone help me? I bid for a Mickey Mouse outfit on e-bay, turns out that I'm just several hours away from owning Portsmouth F.C!!!

Funny coming from someone from Southampton!!

(and we know they are your second club)

I think they'll do a Bradford and sink down to the 3rd division. The debts are so huge no-one with money will touch them. They may struggle on with a collection of youth players and old lower league duffers like Leo Fortune West and Carl Asaba, but those debts will weigh them down unless someone does some financial wizardry.

I'm not sure where to put this as it might cover multiple sports cold be a good program, on 5 live and the BBC news channel on Tuesday at 20.00 .Tuesday the second of March will mark exactly 100 days until the start of the football World Cup. But across the globe, professional football is in the middle of its worst financial crisis in memory.

In a live, audience debate from Manchester, Mark Pougatch will be joined by BBC Business Editor Robert Peston and some of the most influential figures from the world of football to discuss how the sport got into the financial state it's in, and where it goes next.

Nicko can you clear up a few points for me please: IF I CAN

1.) When Pompey go into administration on Friday they get deducted 9 points then the administrator has to obviously sell off assets to pay the creditors what will the position with transfers will they be allowed to sell off players outside of the transfer window? THE PREMIER LEAGUE WILL LET THEM SELL PLAYERS, BUT WHETHER ANYONE WANTS TO BUY IS ANOTHER MATTER...BECAUSE IT IS UNLIKELY THOSE PLAYERS CAN PLAY THIS SEASON. I WOULD THINK THEY WILL FIND BUYERS IN APRIL WHEN IT IS LESS OF A BLOW FOR A PLAYER TO BE 'IN LIMBO' BY THAT STAGE.

2.) With regards to HMRC & the VAT bill is that the most important and needs to be paid straight away? or are there other people who would get priority? THE TAX MAN IS IN THE QUEUE. THE PLAYERS WILL HAVE TO BE PAID OR THEY CAN WALK IF THEY WANT...AND IRONICALLY THEY COULD PLAY FOR OTHER CLUBS THIS SEASON IF THEY DID THAT.

3.) I read somewhere they said unless there is a takeover by Friday the players would receive their wages late does that mean if they fail most likely they will be in breach of their contracts and the players they fully own will be able to leave for free? THE PLAYERS HAVE BEEN PAID.

4.) on the subject of their loan transfers going back for instance Lens have repeatedly said they have budgeted their wage bill to NOT include Dindane on their wages would Lens be allowed to either sell Dindane on or loan him onto another club I presume as well as as transfer fees their wage bill has to come down does that mean players on massive wages will be sold to pay off their debts I take it also the loan market is still open would that be a more preferable way to sort out this whole mess? I would also imagine Piquionne will also be in the same position as Dindane would he also be loaned out to save that way DINDANE AND PIQUIONNE WILL PROBABLY GO BACK TO THEIR CLUBS IN THE SUMMER. I SUSPECT - IF POMPEY ARE DUE ANY 'EXTRA' PAYMENTS BASED ON APPEARANCES THAT THOSE TWO WOULD SIMPLY STOP PLAYING.

5.) If the prem. league decide they are allowed to sell/loan out players to save dosh will English clubs like ourselves be allowed to enter into it and say make a bid for Dindane or Piquionne? who I believe we were after both as targets in the summer the major question if they are allowed to deal now to allow them to stay afloat what do the prem. lge. make of how this has come about and what is being said about the transfer window if a club can trade players outside of the official window? Might there be a change in the rules in future? I DON'T THINK THOSE TWO WILL MOVE ANYWHERE THIS SEASON, THEY ARE AMONG THE UNLUCKY ONES. WILSON COULD BE SOLD - IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT. BELHADJ COULD BE SOLD BUT WANTS TO PLAY TO BE READY FOR THE WORLD CLUP. IT'S THE SAME WITH JAMES. AVRAM GRANT HAS BEEN TOLD THERE ARE BIDDERS FOR WILSON AND BELHADJ...BUT I THINK THAT IS GOING TO BE VERY HARD TO DO.

thanks sorry to go for long these points I have been wondering since administration was being considered. NO PROBLEM. IT'S A MASSIVE STORY AND A SLICE OF FOOTBALL HISTORY IN THE MAKING.

thanks and really appreciate your info on this

Unbelievable...

"Having now entered administration Portsmouth are expected to be docked nine points by the Premier League. Yet despite the governing body confirming its intent to do so, Andronikou claimed the club may yet avoid the penalty.

He said: "I understand everyone is taking it for granted we are going to be docked the nine points. It is something I need to broach with the Premier League and then look to start talking about parachute payments. I need that to be confirmed during the course of the week. We are the first Premier League club to have gone into administration so let's just test the rule."

Source: Portsmouth prepare to be 'cut to bone' after entering administration

Surely there is no way that the point deduction rules will be changed for Pompey?

Surely there is no way that the point deduction rules will be changed for Pompey?

No.

The administrator was just enjoying the sound of his own voice yesterday.

A deal was done between Pompey and the Prem last week. You go into admin, we give you the money in advance.

If he tries to change that Pompey may never get out of admin...

I think he was just kidding with those comments.

If Pompey are allowed to sell their better players, they will have less chance of getting a result.

Or put another way, the more of the squad that is disposed of, the more likely the opposition of winning.

Tracking back from the end of the season, Pompey play the teams threatened with relegation as follows -

1st May ... Wolves (h)

24th April ... Bolton (a)

10th April ... Wigan (a)

20th March ... Hull (h)

27th Feb ... B*rnley (a)

Can you imagine if they get a win at the Turd today, and then end up playing a reserve team against all the rest losing the lot? Our neighbours could end up being relegated due to the points the rest pick up against Pompey Scoolboys.

It would be extremely amusing to see that happen.

If Pompey are allowed to sell their better players, they will have less chance of getting a result.

Or put another way, the more of the squad that is disposed of, the more likely the opposition of winning.

Tracking back from the end of the season, Pompey play the teams threatened with relegation as follows -

1st May ... Wolves (h)

24th April ... Bolton (a)

10th April ... Wigan (a)

20th March ... Hull (h)

27th Feb ... B*rnley (a)

Can you imagine if they get a win at the Turd today, and then end up playing a reserve team against all the rest losing the lot? Our neighbours could end up being relegated due to the points the rest pick up against Pompey Scoolboys.

It would be extremely amusing to see that happen.

On the one hand yes, but on the other, I'd rather Burnley stay in the Prem than have other clubs helped out by Portsmouth. I'd like Bolton and Sunderland to go. I've always hated Sunderland.

Avram Grant's ridiculous comments after the game:

"I believe football should be decided on the pitch. Not in the courts, not in the Premier League offices, but on the pitch. The fans should not be victims in this scenario. Of course we should not be docked nine points. All my life I have been fighting for justice and in the interests of fair play, we need football to be decided on the field. Maybe someone, somewhere will think about the fans, who have done nothing wrong."

"I believe football should be decided on the pitch. Not in the courts, not in the Premier League offices, but on the pitch. The fans should not be victims in this scenario. Of course we should not be docked nine points. All my life I have been fighting for justice and in the interests of fair play, we need football to be decided on the field. Maybe someone, somewhere will think about the fans, who have done nothing wrong."

It's the same as with West Ham. By considering their fans feelings they effectively ignored the fans of all the clubs who tried to stick within the rules and were disadvantaged by West Ham's dealings. The fans may not deserve the points deduction but the club absolutely do. The deduction should stand and perhaps even a few more for frivolous appealing. :)

The arrogance of Portsmouth is incredible based on what I've read over the past few days. They're like an 80-mile-per-hour-in-a-30-zone-BMW-driver who blaming the little old lady for being on the zebra crossing.

I'm assuming that by going into administration, they've pretty much dodged the threat of being wound up on Monday? If so they should be counting their blessings.

Surely it's in the best interests of the club for all of the players to walk? You don't get the transfer fee, but you save on the wages. They're down anyway, so just play Academy kids for the remainder of the season and see it out.

Why would the players agree to that?

The god of football, Gary Lineker agrees with Avram.

Hilarious result from the dingledome today,

I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed until I couldn't laugh no more.

So then I had a little lie down.

When I got up I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed some more!!!!!

Hilarious result from the dingledome today,

I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed until I couldn't laugh no more.

So then I had a little lie down.

When I got up I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed some more!!!!!

Well same here! But I do fear that the Rovers game is the only chance they have left to take anything out of this season because I'm sure they know they are going down. So I'm not taking anything for granted as far as that game is concerned. If they went down but beat us, their most warped fans would feel it was worth it.

So it's well and good to win the FA Cup with players you couldn't afford, but once you're up slack alley you want an even playing field? :rolleyes:

Taken from Teamtalk

Andronikou is investigating every one of Portsmouth's transfers in the hope of discovering how the club found themselves in such a financial mess, despite raising around £100million in player sales over the last 20 months.

One line of inquiry is whether the money Pompey received for players was the same as the reported amounts.

"Everyone asks how Portsmouth can generate so many funds from player sales but be left with residual liabilities," Andronikou explained.

"I am going to go through every transfer on a one-by-one basis. The transfers that have been reported in the press, I am told, aren't actually the figures of the funds received by the club.

Hmmm.... seems some serious skullduggery as taken place at the club.

Archived