BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Time Up Pompey?

Stuart

• Backroom

They're starting to get on my nerves now. No precedent this, unfair rules that.

Portsmouth FC seem to think they are some kind of billy-big boots club. Winning the FA Cup last year, with players they couldn't afford, has just made them more arrogant.

No grace whatsoever.

More akin to a drowning bloke being swept down a river and grasping at all the overhanging branches he can see, wouldn't you think?

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More akin to a drowning bloke being swept down a river and grasping at all the overhanging branches he can see, wouldn't you think?

Stick your foot on his head will you!

They're at it again, wanting different rules to the rest:

Because Pompey are known for thier massive away followings <_<

In the first couple of seasons FC United reguarly took 2000 people to away games and most seemed to cope well enough.

yes and a great income for non league clubs, at £5.00 a head, £10,000 is a great money spinner to smaller non league clubs.

Do Pompy want the good news or the bad news? If they do get kicked out who will take Their place?

FA prepares to hold on to Portsmouth bounty

PORTSMOUTH FACING FA AXE FOR WEMBLEY

Cant see it - they would probably have to give the other team a bye, as Pompey went into Admin before the brum game, and therefore they couldnt just offer them the win, as they should of faced Southampton if that was to happen.

Cant see it - they would probably have to give the other team a bye, as Pompey went into Admin before the brum game, and therefore they couldnt just offer them the win, as they should of faced Southampton if that was to happen.

If you've read the articles, it does say that the PL and FA have delayed a decision until it's confirmed that the adminstration Pompey are in, is actually legal.

If it's not legal, does that mean they have been trading through insolvency? Prison terms?

If it is legal, it's a straight 9-point deduction. I'd be surprised if anything else happens and they'll just be allowed to limp over the line. I bet the FA are gutted that they went through to the Semis.

It also seems that, on the pitch, Pompey have developed a seige mentality which is helping their cause. Let's hope it's not another West Ham situation where the footballing authorities think they are already down so points deductions are irrelevant. We all know what happened next!

It also seems that, on the pitch, Pompey have developed a seige mentality which is helping their cause. Let's hope it's not another West Ham situation where the footballing authorities think they are already down so points deductions are irrelevant. We all know what happened next!

Id rather they stayed up - 1 less team to worry about next season that way! And also increases the likelyhood that Burnley go down!

• Backroom

If they get a 9 point reduction, they'll have 10 games left to get a minimum of 14 points, assuming none of the teams above them gain any points.

No matter what kind of mentality they have, I can't see that happening.

Id rather they stayed up - 1 less team to worry about next season that way! And also increases the likelyhood that Burnley go down!

Yeah but if Burnley stay up then thats one less team to worry about next season. Also at least the dingles are operating within their means, Im pretty sure the loan fee for David Nugent to Pompey was some form of livestock/family member which is also one of the reasons Pompey are skint because they have to feed it.

They should be stripped of that honour and give it to West Brom. Easier said than done of course but it would set a further warning for being a one-hit wonder when you can't afford it.

Well if we stripped every club that is in serious debt of their achievements, that overspent when they couldn't afford it and basically cheated their way to success then we would be Champions for, at least, the last 10 years, in Europe every year, a hell of a lot richer and with a massive following.

It won't happen, but their FA Cup win will forever be consigned to the "never should have happened" category, along with Burnley's short-lived spell in the Premier League :D

They should be stripped of that honour and give it to West Brom. Easier said than done of course but it would set a further warning for being a one-hit wonder when you can't afford it.

Um, why West Brom? Cardiff surely?

And don't be daft. They may have over spent financially but they are already being handsomely penalised at the moment. The club could cease to exist.

Well if we stripped every club that is in serious debt of their achievements, that overspent when they couldn't afford it and basically cheated their way to success then we would be Champions for, at least, the last 10 years, in Europe every year, a hell of a lot richer and with a massive following.

It won't happen, but their FA Cup win will forever be consigned to the "never should have happened" category, along with Burnley's short-lived spell in the Premier League :D

Real Madrid would be sent down to amatuer level with all the fiddles they've done over the years. AC Milan would be uncomfortable too given the nature of their owner.

85 people made redundant at Pompey

only '1 or 2 players' have taken a pay cut (BBC)

I'm not sure i could live with myself if i was on 30k a week and people lost there jobs because i wouldn't shave even a few grand a week off my wage

Some fella was just on Sky Sports News, a bit aggrieved but he had a point. He makes the same in a year than what some of the players do in 3 days, so it's barely going to help is it?

They've closed the club shop too.

Some fella was just on Sky Sports News, a bit aggrieved but he had a point. He makes the same in a year than what some of the players do in 3 days, so it's barely going to help is it?

They've closed the club shop too.

Does that make sense? Surely they need to open somwhere to sell off the last bits and pieces even if they can't restock. Perhaps they should make Storrie do it out of his garage because I can't think what else he does to justify his still huge salary, even after a 40% pay cut.

Does that make sense? Surely they need to open somwhere to sell off the last bits and pieces even if they can't restock. Perhaps they should make Storrie do it out of his garage because I can't think what else he does to justify his still huge salary, even after a 40% pay cut.

The shop will re-open tomorrow.

The saddest thing here, is that the people who have lost their jobs are just about the only people who aren't to blame for this mess.

Storrie has wanted it known that he has dropped his salary by 40%, while the players wages can't be got at by the administrator, because the players union has ensured that their wages are protected.

The saddest thing here, is that the people who have lost their jobs are just about the only people who aren't to blame for this mess.

While I agree that this is terrible for the employees concerned, I'm not sure you can blame the players for the mess. Each of them has gone in and negotiated themselves the best contract they could get, as would any of us. It's not for them to be self-policing - the management at Portsmouth FC are 100% to blame, no one else.

While I agree that this is terrible for the employees concerned, I'm not sure you can blame the players for the mess. Each of them has gone in and negotiated themselves the best contract they could get, as would any of us. It's not for them to be self-policing - the management at Portsmouth FC are 100% to blame, no one else.

They're not to blame for negotiating their contracts - agreed. However, they are in a position to help the club out now. The staff that were sacked could make no difference to Pompey's problems.

Archived