BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Time Up Pompey?

Stuart

Only on basic pay of £450k, that's astonishing!! Why are we giving money to starving children in Africa when people like Peter Storrie have to get by on 450k a year!!! Poor little man.

Is John Williams not on £250K?

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impossible to predict exactly what will happen though. Players SHOULD be playing to impress purchasers, but it must be darned hard to get yourself up for games as a team, knowing that whatever you do you will be relegated.

The ones with any sense will be playing out of their skins looking to impress any future employers.

Only on basic pay of £450k, that's astonishing!! Why are we giving money to starving children in Africa when people like Peter Storrie have to get by on 450k a year!!! Poor little man.

A taj unfair. I'd imagine that by earning that amount he'll be contributing more to overseas aid and thus feeding more starving children (and the not-so-starving ones of various tin pot corrupt dictators) than you Dirk.

And I'd guess 250k must be about the going rate for running a company the size of blackburn?

In the real world it's high considering the money the club loses! But this is football and salaries are way out of proportion with the real world.

Impossible to predict exactly what will happen though. Players SHOULD be playing to impress purchasers, but it must be darned hard to get yourself up for games as a team, knowing that whatever you do you will be relegated.

I think the Pompey players will also be playing for the points this season, I could be wrong (and I'm sure it won't take long for somebody on here to tell me, if I am!! :rolleyes: ) but if they finish more then 9 points from safety will the points deduction not get passed on to next year?!

2 more blows for Pompey - they really were ran recklessly

Pompey hit by £1m fine

Dindane can no longer play

See they are still trying to get out of the points deduction too. which bit of it's cheating to play with players you can't pay for and puts the rest of the league at a disadvantage and therefore gains you points you don't deserve, do they not get?

I'm not saying JW or any chairman deserves 250k, my point was that Storrie got a bonus of 750k which he justified by saying he was only on 450k a year that season.

Let's also consider the £3,000 win bonus (½ that for a draw) Storrie received for Pompey's performances. It's unheard of for a chief exec to receive on-field bonuses and a real testament to why Portsmouth are in the state they're in.

Joke. Why don't they just give them their 9 points back and all, such a shame for them poor things.

If we were to go for anyone I think it'd only be Belhaj. We've got enough non-scoring forwards to not need another in Nugent!

Avram Grant is trying to get opposite number Harry Redknapp to clear Jamie O'Hara for their upcoming FA Cup semi-final, in order to make the game a contest. Even if Tottenham wanted to, is this actually allowed?

Avram Grant is trying to get opposite number Harry Redknapp to clear Jamie O'Hara for their upcoming FA Cup semi-final, in order to make the game a contest. Even if Tottenham wanted to, is this actually allowed?

Yes.

The Premier League ban a player facing his parent club. There is no such rule with the FA.

• 4 weeks later...

Joke. Why don't they just give them their 9 points back and all, such a shame for them poor things.

If we were to go for anyone I think it'd only be Belhaj. We've got enough non-scoring forwards to not need another in Nugent!

Nugent has 6 or 7 League goals in a very poor team. No Rovers striker comes close.

Archived