BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Time Up Pompey?

Stuart

Wonder if Storey has received one of those emails from some unfortunate guy who just needs £10,000 to facilitate the release a £60 million fortune?

Would you trust Peter Storrie to find a real buyer? He's managed to dodge a lot of flak despite his part in this. It was himself and former owner Gaydamak who bankrolled Redknapp's extortionate signings.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you trust Peter Storrie to find a real buyer? He's managed to dodge a lot of flak despite his part in this. It was himself and former owner Gaydamak who bankrolled Redknapp's extortionate signings.

It was quite telling when Redknapp said that his Tottenham board won't break the bank for players because they know how much they're worth (or words to that effect). It kind of suggests that he doesn't and needs to be told 'no' on occassion (manager's prerogative I suppose).

Was he ever told 'no' at Pompey?

SSN understand that a new owner will be in place as early as tomorrow.

But they're still going bust surely, i want them playing afc wimbledon etc, please no last minute happy ending for them....and a well run club in the northwest does'nt even get a sniff of a new financial sugar daddy. Come on the taxman.

A South African consortium by all accounts.....the merry go round continues! :wacko:

They contacted Storrie by e-mail and just require his full address,and bank sort code.

Oi! I've already done that one. :P

I cant say im really up to speed on financial matters in the prem but can someone tell me why I should feel sorry for Pompey? they have been overspending for years, they pay the likes of Crouch 60g, Defoe 70g and Johnson 50g when they cant afford to, ok its basically Redknapps fault and the chairmans for being so generous to Redknapp but why should I care.

We have always struggled with balancing the books at the sake of selling our best players so why should I feel sympathy for a team that has delivered false promises and paid too much just to keep themselves afloat.

As sad as it is for pompey fans im afraid in my eyes its about time a prem club was made example of and its a shame it was pompey but maybe they will think twice about the managers they appoint and the players they want to sign.

Portsmouth don't deserve sympathy. They cheated on everyone else when they won the FA Cup. I've waited all my life to see Rovers do that but because they were prepared to win it with money they didn't have another team missed out.

Portsmouth don't deserve sympathy. They cheated on everyone else when they won the FA Cup. I've waited all my life to see Rovers do that but because they were prepared to win it with money they didn't have another team missed out.

Well im gald you kinda cleared that up for me, with all the media response and sympathy it is like they have been cheated somewhat and I started to feel a bit sorry for them but deep down in my heart I also felt that they were a victim of their own ambition.

I would have no compassion if pompey fall out of existance, call me cruel hearted but Rovers have resisted temptaion on all lvls to progress further (even after we won the prem) which many would concieve insane.

We are a small club that makes a profit in the prem league and we make a do by employing a massive work ethic against those that chose to use a massive budget if you are one of those employing a massive budget with no real financial means then bigger the fool you.

A serious question though, if they go into admin will four come up?

A serious question though, if they go into admin will four come up?

No, if they go into administration they will still exist (and get relegated) so will just be 3 up and 3 down.

However if they get wound up, and disappear completely, 2 teams will get relegated, 3 will get promoted from Championship. And I guess there'll be an extra team promoted from the conference to fill up the spare place at the bottom.

No, if they go into administration they will still exist (and get relegated) so will just be 3 up and 3 down.

However if they get wound up, and disappear completely, 2 teams will get relegated, 3 will get promoted from Championship. And I guess there'll be an extra team promoted from the conference to fill up the spare place at the bottom.

Ah ok thx for that but I suppose it doesnt change much as for sure they are going down, 2 or 3 teams it doesnt really matter because either way it includes them, court or no court.

This could happen to any club. New owners come in and decide to splash the cash while leaving the bills to be paid later.

In the meantime they win the FA Cup. Due to their Faustean pact it comes back to haunt them. Meanwhile many of those responsible for such profligacy have moved on with reputations enhanced. Redknapp, Diarra, Campbell, Defoe, Crouch etc...

If we didn't have the Walker Trust looking after us (due to the conditions Jack set down) we may well have been in the same boat as them and many other teams.

They will get their comeuppance and are doing so already. They won't be back in the top flight for years. Wishing them bust due to the actions of some fly-by-nights shows a mean spiritedness and a lack of empathy for fellow football fans.

What if during the 90s all the investment had been made debt? When we were singing along and seeing our team taste glory for once...it is no different to how Pompey fans enjoyed the good times.

As usual...the true fans are the only ones left at the end. Whether they fold or not...they are the only ones whose loyalty to the club never fades.

This could happen to any club. New owners come in and decide to splash the cash while leaving the bills to be paid later.

In the meantime they win the FA Cup. Due to their Faustean pact it comes back to haunt them. Meanwhile many of those responsible for such profligacy have moved on with reputations enhanced. Redknapp, Diarra, Campbell, Defoe, Crouch etc...

If we didn't have the Walker Trust looking after us (due to the conditions Jack set down) we may well have been in the same boat as them and many other teams.

They will get their comeuppance and are doing so already. They won't be back in the top flight for years. Wishing them bust due to the actions of some fly-by-nights shows a mean spiritedness and a lack of empathy for fellow football fans.

What if during the 90s all the investment had been made debt? When we were singing along and seeing our team taste glory for once...it is no different to how Pompey fans enjoyed the good times.

As usual...the true fans are the only ones left at the end. Whether they fold or not...they are the only ones whose loyalty to the club never fades.

I agree completely. To be fair to Pompey fans, they had no inside knowledge of how everything was being financed or, I suspect (because none of us really know in our own club), exactly how much the club were paying the players. The fans can't control any of that and shouldn't be made to lose everything because the management of the club were a bunch of shysters. As ever it's the innocent who end up paying. However, Pompey should not be saved at the expense of other Premier League teams. By all means send them into administration and get the debts (as much as they can be) paid off. The board and management of the club, going back to Gaydamak, should all be investigated and potentially banned from being involved in any kind of sport or running a company again. Harry Redknapp might well come out of such an investigation smelling of something a lot less sweet than roses...

Everything is pointing to voluntary administration this week to avoid the compulsory winding up petition on Monday.

Yep looks like that....unless they get an extension to their court date?!

Looks like the New Zealander is confident, he says he has the finance, has a 5 year plan and is looking to move to a new stadium....

Yep looks like that....unless they get an extension to their court date?!

Looks like the New Zealander is confident, he says he has the finance, has a 5 year plan and is looking to move to a new stadium....

And how many times have we all heard that before?

The Kiwi has said he will not be ready before 1 March.

Anyone buying in is looking at a Champ club and buying from the administrator. Either that or they are certifiable.

Portsmouth have announced that if no buyer comes forward before Friday they will go into administration. Given any prospective owner would be daft to buy now rather than after administration it means a certain 9 point deduction and therefore relegation. They seem to believe that that will allow them to survive and fulfill their fixtures to the end of the season. Does it mean that there will be no appearance in the High Court on Monday then?

Does it mean that there will be no appearance in the High Court on Monday then?

Yes.

It also means they will get their advance from the Premier League to pay the tax man and some of the wages.

The PFA may have to foot some of the wages too.

The main thing is that the other Premier League teams don't lose points for games that would have been wiped off the slate if they had gone bust.

So are they going to dodge the Fit and Proper Persons test? Not that it will make any difference.

I can't see why anyone would want to take them on.

Has anybody, explained how Pompey have had 4 new owners and got pass this whole fit and proper test?

Archived