BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kits 10/11

Hughesy

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate that old Kappa away shirt. It merely looks like a 'generic' shirt that any old Sunday league club could buy, with a badge sewn on.

Check out the black Everton kit this season. Black with red pin stripes in such a manner would look awesome IMHO!

Yep, the red and black kit as per the Sutton photo, with collar, looks superb. I was up in Lancaster watching my lad play football at that time, wearing that shirt and as I walked past a couple of other dads, I heard one say - Blackburn always have brilliant shirts. For the home kit I would like a 1960 cup final style retro shirt. Just blue & white, no red and a simple v neck. mr Williams, if you're reading this, make some notes - you know you want to! :D:brfc:

Dont like the black & red sutty one....looks cheap. Although I did have one....but to be honest I usually do, regardless of design or colour....had that minging copper one too, that was crap!

Anyone remember the electric yellow & blue kit we had too? That wasnt bad...was it!?

So this but with smaller red stripes?

8vstuw.jpg

That is a better example of what i meant, i did a search on it and the kappa one was all i could find.

I hate that old Kappa away shirt. It merely looks like a 'generic' shirt that any old Sunday league club could buy, with a badge sewn on.

I know it's horrid, that's why i said an improvement on it. :)

o_R1aDTIlkbNb0NyU.jpg

marseille shirt is very very nice and smart too. That in black with white/blue alternating pinstripes would look very very nice i think.

I loved the halved away shirt, i just think it would get boring very quickly if we did it every season.

That's the sort of thing in terms of what size pinstripes would look best.

Yep, the red and black kit as per the Sutton photo, with collar, looks superb. I was up in Lancaster watching my lad play football at that time, wearing that shirt and as I walked past a couple of other dads, I heard one say - Blackburn always have brilliant shirts. For the home kit I would like a 1960 cup final style retro shirt. Just blue & white, no red and a simple v neck. mr Williams, if you're reading this, make some notes - you know you want to! :D:brfc:

The commemorative kit makes a lot of sense... didn't Arse just announce a kit that'll tribune their '71 FA cup winning side? Here in Yankeeland, or Yanquilandia (for my mexican neighbors) -- the land of the 'throwback' jersey, the clubs' PR apparatus would have been on top of this 2-3 years ago.

Couple the 50 year anniversary of Rovers' 1960 FA Cup with the 10th year anniversary of Sir Jack's demise from this mortal coil.... it seems a 'slam-dunk' in yank parlance.

Please let it be the 'Gullit' top! That would be QUALITY!

In terms of the Jack commemoration, what about having Jack Walker in place of 'Crown Paints' but have the Crown above 'Jack'. People would then still know it's Crown Paints, wouldn't they? Something like:

*crown*

--Jack

Walker

I'd photoshop something if I could, but I can't :(

I thought they looked slightly odd.

Any way, they didnt take long, but the badges and logos aren't great quality.

If anyone else fancies a try - you need

photoshop

Download either of these

http://www.filefront.com/15663701/SS09-Template-Pack-V4.0-by-Hammer9.rar/

http://www.filefront.com/15664267/SS09-Template-Pack-V4.0-by-Hammer9-Part2.rar/

(These files contain full photoshop templates from manufacturers over the last few seasons, each has its own folder like Nike umbro and loads more i've never heard of - the designs in part 2 are Lupo - Zina, so for Adidas you'll need part1 )

Follow this:

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/200802271161/kit-design/football-shirt-design-tutorial-for-beginners.html

(not every step is needed)

And away you go......

Archived