BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kits 10/11

Hughesy

Just wondering why people are suggesting a commemorative shirt for a game that we lost 3-0??? Surely you only usually celebrate games you've won. Sounds a bt like something spurs would do lol. In all honesty do you imagine in 2 years spurs will come up with a special 10 year anniversary shirt for losing to us in the wothington cup.

I agree though that a tribute to jack walker would be good.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mate

You are a genius!!

The red and black striped away shirt is awesome and I love the blue and white home kit with Jack mixed in with the Crown "crown"

Please send the images to the club straight away!

COYB

Like the idea of some kind of Jack Walker tribute but the idea of merging his name onto a corporate Crown Paints logo makes me cringe.

I think it should be done discreetly, I don't know what the name of the effect is but similar to this:

football_shirt_3470_1_276x400.jpg

so you could only see it when you look at it closely, but instead of a picture of Old Trafford the words "Jack Walker, 1929-2000" or something.

I liked the luminous green CIS one with the crests down one side...any takers? Also liked the yellow one the year after with the blue piping detail.

You need to get your eyes tested. :lol: The first one's pattern was vile and that yellow kit was Sunday pub team material.

Maybe someone should e-mail the marketing department and ask at what stage they are at and if it has been considered.

Rovers would be making a big mistake to miss out on a Jack Walker memorial shirt, it would be a big seller.

They'll probably just release commemorative badges to sew onto replica shirts and sew them onto the players shirts before each game <_<

Maybe someone should e-mail the marketing department and ask at what stage they are at and if it has been considered.

Rovers would be making a big mistake to miss out on a Jack Walker memorial shirt, it would be a big seller.

Modes, from earlier on in the thread from o2g:

The club and Umbro are already aware as we have told them several times. I think the reality is that for commercial reasons they need shirt designs that are different each year.

Next season's designs will have been agreed at least 6 months ago, probably longer. It won't be long before the deadline for 2011/12 arrives but we will hope to have some input through the Forum before then, probably in April.

I'm sure that last season we ordered the shirts in about September/October for them to be ready at the end of the season.

• Backroom

The crown / Jack idea is horrible, tacky and in no way possible.

If we were to make a tribute to Uncle Jack it should be classy and discrete maybe just his initials and years of birth / death under the crest on the heart.

I've just ordered a Palermo shirt can we have our away kit like their home?

I'd also like the home shirt to be fully halved and not opposite sleeves like it is now. If it was made in the retro style like the England kit it could look really smart. (apart from the massive crown logo)

• Backroom

I think mellison its in a box at Crowns behest as its more visible from a distance.

They pay millions to advertise on our kits so we are at their demand really.

I think mellison its in a box at Crowns behest as its more visible from a distance.

They pay millions to advertise on our kits so we are at their demand really.

Hmmm, I suppose....but anyone who's seen this seasons kit know's it's crown. And it'd still be black writing against a light background and EASILY visible :\

Modes, from earlier on in the thread from o2g:

I'm sure that last season we ordered the shirts in about September/October for them to be ready at the end of the season.

After the Fans Forum on Tuesday I can confirm that it is way too late to incorporate any memorial to Jack on next year's shirts. Shirt designs for one season are finalised during the summer before i.e. mid 2009 for the 2010-11 season.

The club are already well aware of the 10th anniversary and we will be discussing what would be appropriate ways to commemorate it at the next meeting in April. I have suggested having a transfer which could be added to shirts in the same way as names and numbers and they will be considering that alongside other ideas. Perhaps worth a separate thread for fans' ideas?

On next year's shirts there are no definite dates yet but expect availability sometime during May. One thing the club did say they are planning, which I think will be popular with many fans, will be the ability to pre-order shirts up to a month before the official launch, with delivery made on launch day. This would I imagine be especially popular with those who live a ling way from Blackburn. Not definite yet but they do hope to do it.

After the Fans Forum on Tuesday I can confirm that it is way too late to incorporate any memorial to Jack on next year's shirts. Shirt designs for one season are finalised during the summer before i.e. mid 2009 for the 2010-11 season.

The club are already well aware of the 10th anniversary and we will be discussing what would be appropriate ways to commemorate it at the next meeting in April. I have suggested having a transfer which could be added to shirts in the same way as names and numbers and they will be considering that alongside other ideas. Perhaps worth a separate thread for fans' ideas?

On next year's shirts there are no definite dates yet but expect availability sometime during May. One thing the club did say they are planning, which I think will be popular with many fans, will be the ability to pre-order shirts up to a month before the official launch, with delivery made on launch day. This would I imagine be especially popular with those who live a ling way from Blackburn. Not definite yet but they do hope to do it.

Cool.

Was there anything said on whether it will be going down the retro route at all? ie. City / England?

Archived