BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Summer Transfers (2010)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Wolves went down would anyone complain if we made a move for Doyle?

They spent around £6m on him only last summer. He's a decent enough player, but he's not worth anything like that amount.

Huddlestone would be absolutely perfect in this 4-2-3-1 we play, he could sit deep and use his brilliant long range of passing from deep. He's exactly what we need in this formation, with a box-to-box player (N'Zonzi, Emerton) alongside him.

He's only 23 by the way!

Unfortunately, Huddlestone's a regular for Spurs these days.

I reckon the two to keep tabs on are Joe Ledley and Kris Boyd, who are both available on free transfers. I'd rather bring Boyd in on a free and on reasonable wages than splash £3m on Dindane.

Unfortunately, Huddlestone's a regular for Spurs these days.

I reckon the two to keep tabs on are Joe Ledley and Kris Boyd, who are both available on free transfers. I'd rather bring Boyd in on a free and on reasonable wages than splash £3m on Dindane.

I think he is vulnerable. He has played a lot this year, but he is a weak link in their squad. They will look to move him out in the summer in my opinion.

I used to be a big fan, but to be honest his mobility is not acceptable and although he is a beautiful crossfield passer of the ball he does not really unlock defences. For the money we could do better.

I think he is vulnerable. He has played a lot this year, but he is a weak link in their squad. They will look to move him out in the summer in my opinion.

I used to be a big fan, but to be honest his mobility is not acceptable and although he is a beautiful crossfield passer of the ball he does not really unlock defences. For the money we could do better.

Oh I totally agree on the second part of your post. Perhaps my post was misleading because I used the word 'unfortunately'. I've never been a big fan of his and have never really understood the hype.

I guess we'll have to wait and see on whether he stays or not. Personally, I don't think he'll go.

We should be keen on Nugent. Everything less than £3M is a bargain. The lad seems to have PL future after all. How about Michael Kightly if Wolves are relegated? He has been injured all all the season and is a big question mark at PL level. There is a re-sale value. Some how this case reminds me of Bentley. Would Damien Duff be interested in Rovers return? I have one name on my mind who probably wouldn´t cost too much and doesn´t get much minutes at the moment. He is a very good player and certainly can take free kicks by his left foot. Javier Garrido, anyone?

We should be keen on Nugent. Everything less than £3M is a bargain. The lad seems to have PL future after all. How about Michael Kightly if Wolves are relegated? He has been injured all all the season and is a big question mark at PL level. There is a re-sale value. Some how this case reminds me of Bentley. Would Damien Duff be interested in Rovers return? I have one name on my mind who probably wouldn´t cost too much and doesn´t get much minutes at the moment. He is a very good player and certainly can take free kicks by his left foot. Javier Garrido, anyone?

Good call. I've advocated buying both Nugent and Kightly in the past. 2 or 3 years ago Kightly looked a future star but so many injuries at such a young age is a real worry. Hasn't played for months has he? But if his injury problems could be sorted out and Wolves go down, he would be worth a look.

I would be interested to know the logic of signing a striker who can't score goals at premiership level and right winger who can't keep fit. This is not a way on improving the first 11. :blush:

Bentley wasn´t big hit at Norwich either, was he? Still there was a potential and we found it and made big money too. Kightly is a talent as well and could be a great buy. It has taken time for Nugent but he seems to be improved much lately. Pompey could sell him under half they paid. He could be hit at Ewood. I think too that we should buy atleast one expienced striker. Not Beattie I hope. I guess my point is Sam has done great job with young players and few big talents more could have a great chance to break at Ewood. And re-sale value would be on our side. Nugent and Kightly are also realistic. We don´t have chance players like O´Hara because he is already in a big club.

Good call. I've advocated buying both Nugent and Kightly in the past. 2 or 3 years ago Kightly looked a future star but so many injuries at such a young age is a real worry. Hasn't played for months has he? But if his injury problems could be sorted out and Wolves go down, he would be worth a look.

If I was JW I would not fancy getting any players with injury records in. We have been stung too frequently recently.

West Ham manager Gianfranco Zola is eyeing Birmingham duo Liam Ridgewell and Sebastian Larsson. Both players are out of contract at the end of the season.

Full story: News of the World

Would we want either?

Larsson is a poor mans David Beckham, good work rate and a wicked right foot but bereft of pace and acceleration. He's ideally suited to play at right back, and that's a position we shouldn't spend on IMO.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=cops-foil-fans-plot-to-paint-david-dunn-s-home-claret-and-blue%26method=full%26objectid=22109867%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

At the bottom of the article Nicko links us with Gothenburg's Icelandic centre-half Ragnar Sigurdsson.

Any Swedish contributers know if he is any good?

Some interesting players available on frees in the summer: Boyd, Larsson, Ridgewell, Ledley. None of them would cost the world in wages and all would add something to the squad. With our financial problems, these are the kind of signings we should be looking at - not Dindane for £3m.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=cops-foil-fans-plot-to-paint-david-dunn-s-home-claret-and-blue%26method=full%26objectid=22109867%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

At the bottom of the article Nicko links us with Gothenburg's Icelandic centre-half Ragnar Sigurdsson.

Any Swedish contributers know if he is any good?

He is. Strong, tough, quite fast and not bad on the ball. A good comparison would be Hermann Hreidarsson.

Archived