BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Summer Transfers (2010)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is a home grown player?

From a grow bag!

As kenny says - 4 who have been with a english club for 3 years prior to hitting 21. (Hoilett, Doran, Dunn, Judge)

Would Jones count? He's only 18 but been with us since he was 10...

Olsson?

Does Olsson count?

Looking at it, we'll have three goalkeepers, Dunn, Roberts, Andrews, Hoilett and Jones, plus maybe Olsson. Doran is there too. So that's eight, maybe nine/ten, without taking into account who we may sign in the summer.

I don't think the rule will be a problem for us at all really.

Does Olsson count?

Looking at it, we'll have three goalkeepers, Dunn, Roberts, Andrews, Hoilett and Jones, plus maybe Olsson. Doran is there too. So that's eight, maybe nine/ten, without taking into account who we may sign in the summer.

I don't think the rule will be a problem for us at all really.

*sniffle* :(

With Raul on his way out of Real Madrid looking for a suitable club in either Germany or England and Rovers with his old pal Salgado as a possibility - what do you think? Is he too old? Is he still sharp and good enough for the top division? Would he fit in with Kalinic?

With Raul on his way out of Real Madrid looking for a suitable club in either Germany or England and Rovers with his old pal Salgado as a possibility - what do you think? Is he too old? Is he still sharp and good enough for the top division? Would he fit in with Kalinic?

Who will we have to sell to pay his wages?

On Football Manager it states that although 8 players must be home grown, players under 21 dont need to be registered with the final 25, but can still play. So players like Robbo, Dunny etc will make up the list of 8 home grown players while players like Jones, Linganzi etc can still play without being registered with the final 25.

Thats the way it is on FM, dont know how accurate that is but it makes sense.

On Football Manager it states that although 8 players must be home grown, players under 21 dont need to be registered with the final 25, but can still play. So players like Robbo, Dunny etc will make up the list of 8 home grown players while players like Jones, Linganzi etc can still play without being registered with the final 25.

Thats the way it is on FM, dont know how accurate that is but it makes sense.

That is how it works, but I don't agree with your logic on Jones. I don't think we're going to have enough over 21s to make up the eight, so Jones will probably have to be registered anyway. No point registering Lingzani though.

Rovers link with 2 strikers today in the people

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=big-sam-s-in-pole-position%26method=full%26objectid=22127115%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

Maybe we should look at Andy Carroll. Score goals and can hold the ball up. just a thought. Maybe look in the championship for a striker. Somebody who is young, can score and improve in the future!!!

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=big-sam-s-in-pole-position%26method=full%26objectid=22127115%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

Maybe we should look at Andy Carroll. Score goals and can hold the ball up. just a thought. Maybe look in the championship for a striker. Somebody who is young, can score and improve in the future!!!

Why would Carroll come to us when he plays for Newcastle who, for all their madness are a bigger club than rovers in terms of fanbase and are about to return to the premiership barring a disaster of titanic proportions

after several pints of mr smith's finest smooth relaxing fluid yesterday the conversation with my mates turned towards Burnleys confirmed relegation and the topic arose , "should rovers buy any of Burnleys players?" and this moved to a full-on adult debate

1) is there any players of burnleys good enough for rovers

2) would you want rovers money (however little ) going to burnley to help them get back in PL

3) Would we be quicker to jeer any ex-burnley players

4) who was the last player rovers bought directly from burnley

thoughts?

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=cops-foil-fans-plot-to-paint-david-dunn-s-home-claret-and-blue%26method=full%26objectid=22109867%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

At the bottom of the article Nicko links us with Gothenburg's Icelandic centre-half Ragnar Sigurdsson.

Any Swedish contributers know if he is any good?

Best defender in the Swedish leagues. And he can score goals too!

after several pints of mr smith's finest smooth relaxing fluid yesterday the conversation with my mates turned towards Burnleys confirmed relegation and the topic arose , "should rovers buy any of Burnleys players?" and this moved to a full-on adult debate

1) is there any players of burnleys good enough for rovers

2) would you want rovers money (however little ) going to burnley to help them get back in PL

3) Would we be quicker to jeer any ex-burnley players

4) who was the last player rovers bought directly from burnley

thoughts?

I wouldn't take any Burnley player TBH. I honestly think they have the poorest squad in the league.

Personally I wouldn't have Andy Carrol, he does look half decent in the Championship but he'd be like a fish out of water in the top flight. He's another Derbs but not as good.

I'd like to see O'Hara at Ewood, I think he'd do well at a club like ours. I'm just not so sure Harry would let him go very easily.

As for the post asking if we'd take any hill trolls from the dingledome... I wouldn't take them on to sweep the stands. Over rated and over hyped with no fight in them what so ever.

Archived