BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Summer Transfers (2010)

after watching tonights Wigan game the one area we need to improve is in the striking department we should be trying to build a team around Niko Dindane etc.

Only thing id build Dindane is a wall around him to keep him away from here, he is frigging awful then in the next breath you say sell Jason Roberts who is pretty much the same player.

Unless BFS decides to play 442 next year (which i doubt) we will not see another out and out striker come in, id fully expect to see a pacey inside foward tho.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ROFLMAO, was it good for you B4E?

Most successful managers in your league are us JOCKS!!!!

Funny how none of em can fashion together even a competetive Scottish National team though. Not in recent memory anyway.

Funny how none of em can fashion together even a competetive Scottish National team though. Not in recent memory anyway.

Funny how none of them have managed our national team in recent history. :rolleyes:

France, Twice. no we haven't been competitive in recent years at all.

Great Britain national team for the Olympics, who's asked to be in charge???

As I said for a country of 5million compared to one of 60 million we do bloody well. Give it another 5-7 years once a few more of our kids have come through and we'll be even better. You can say what you like about Scotland, I'm more than proud of my countries heritage and always will be. You might want to check out what other countries in the world have a population of 5 million and see where we rank against them!

You might want to check out what other countries in the world have a population of 5 million and see where we rank against them!

Comparable countries Switzerland, Serbia, Slovenia, Denmark, Paraguay, New Zealand, Uruguay and Slovakia have all managed to qualify for at least one tournament since 1998...

I'd love a player named Shikabala.

He looks great on Youtube. Where have I heard that before?

Think we were linked with him around this time last season or maybe even the season before, can't remember whether he was an Ince target or not. Name definitely rings a bell.

Comparable countries Switzerland, Serbia, Slovenia, Denmark, Paraguay, New Zealand, Uruguay and Slovakia have all managed to qualify for at least one tournament since 1998...

Ouch! Good point. Well made.

It is bizarre how Scotland have lost their way since the late eighties. Used to have cracking players on a conveyer belt. However since 1992 probably the best new talent has been Barry Ferguson which has to be deeply depressing if you are a Scot.

Darren Fletcher is improving though, and there do seem to be a better quality of youth coming through which is encouraging. Long way to get back to the likes of Dalgleish and Souness though.

The genuinely successful Scottish managers don't go near the Scottish job though (Ferguson, Moyes, Dalglish, George Graham, Souness etc). They have to choose from the second rate Scots when appointing a national coach.

The genuinely successful Scottish managers don't go near the Scottish job though (Ferguson, Moyes, Dalglish, George Graham, Souness etc). They have to choose from the second rate Scots when appointing a national coach.

Ferguson was Scotland manager from 85-86, but that was between Aberdeen and ManU so I guess you're still basically right in what you're saying.

What about Togo, Sierra leone, Finland, Norway, Costa Rica, Ireland, Croatia & Georgia. We're 45th in the world and climbing with plus 16 to date, I'm happy with that. Especially since we all (Britain) went the wrong way before in our choice of coaching methodologies. You might also want to check a few of the populations of those countries as three have significantly more than Scotland, by the way.

I could also discount New-Zealand as in reality they only have a two legged game to get in and the south Americans have always been strong due to there poverty and most kids playing street football (which most countries are emulating in controlled environments nowadays).

No we haven't qualified since 1998, but I'll wager we have far more history at the world cup than most of those teams and have produced better players, we'll soon be back on track.

So I'll give you Slovenia, Slovakia and Serbia all of whom adopt the coaching ethos I endorse, over the one Britain took. So well done chap, a good reply for a change.

Think we were linked with him around this time last season or maybe even the season before, can't remember whether he was an Ince target or not. Name definitely rings a bell.

Yes we were linked to him under Ince, perhaps not quite what we need since he can't even make the Egypt team and apparently has similar issues to Zaki.

Ouch! Good point. Well made.

It is bizarre how Scotland have lost their way since the late eighties. Used to have cracking players on a conveyer belt. However since 1992 probably the best new talent has been Barry Ferguson which has to be deeply depressing if you are a Scot.

Darren Fletcher is improving though, and there do seem to be a better quality of youth coming through which is encouraging. Long way to get back to the likes of Dalgleish and Souness though.

Ouch, whats thats all about? its actually nice to see someone take the time to do a little research before replying to one of my posts and come up with a structured and thought out reply. As opposed to just saying your wrong with no basis.

Why is it bizarre??? Britain went one way with coaching the rest of the world went the other way, we're playing catch up on all fronts. I truly cannot wait till the golden generation retire then you'll all see exactly what I've been on about since I came on here, England have nothing coming through. The only clubs producing are the ones who said it wasn't working and went their own ways, like United and Arsenal, just a pity Arsenal are the only ones who have been doing it for long enough for them to be coming through now.

Also don't forget the change in Rules IE no foreign player limits was bad news for all the other countries in Britain.

Barry's a good player who's done well this season even at 33, you could also add in McGeady who's hardly poor, Brown as well and definitely Gordon. It's not all doom and gloom in Scotland. Celtic and Ranger have also done well in Europe recenlty, passing the group stages and making the UEFA cup final, something none of the mentioned countries could ever claim.

What about Togo, Sierra leone, Finland, Norway, Costa Rica, Ireland, Croatia & Georgia. ... You might also want to check a few of the populations of those countries as three have significantly more than Scotland, by the way.

You asked for comparable countries and I gave you eight that have qualified for international tournaments more recently than Scotland. If you'd asked for a list of nations that are as bad as Scotland, maybe I'd have mentioned those in your list. I don't think having a couple more million people makes a huge difference, and neither do you apparently as you bring up Georgia, which has almost double the population of Scotland.

Whilst I think Scotland develops some decent Premier League standard players, as a national team they're hilariously mismanaged and consistently below the standard required to perform well internationally. Two wins over France and that goal at the 1978 World Cup isn't a huge amount of history.

"Two wins over France and that goal at the 1978 World Cup isn't a huge amount of history."

Hmmmm. Interesting. My immediate reaction was "What the f***....." but i suppose if you base your decision on the fact that we haven't won the World Cup then you'll probably be correct.

Thank you to Laurence for pointing out that Ferguson was Scotland manager from 85-86. Not that I'll comment further on the performance of the Scottish National Team during the subsequent competition we took part in.

Majiball, you're banging you're head against a brick wall reasoning on here regarding this particlar topic. At least when it comes to the Rovers we're all supporting the same side.

Just for the record i hope that England don't win the World Cup. We'll never here the bloody end of it. ;) However, i have got a horrible feeling that with Capello in charge and Rooney 100% now could be the year. Oh well, all least my wife will be happy and thankfully living overe here i'll miss most of the 3-lions, in-ger-lund, mass media hype that will no doubt accompany the South African tournament. Unfortunately, I'll have to settle for the Australian TV coverage instead...and it is dire.

You asked for comparable countries and I gave you eight that have qualified for international tournaments more recently than Scotland. If you'd asked for a list of nations that are as bad as Scotland, maybe I'd have mentioned those in your list. I don't think having a couple more million people makes a huge difference, and neither do you apparently as you bring up Georgia, which has almost double the population of Scotland.

Whilst I think Scotland develops some decent Premier League standard players, as a national team they're hilariously mismanaged and consistently below the standard required to perform well internationally. Two wins over France and that goal at the 1978 World Cup isn't a huge amount of history.

If your criteria for reporting was countries that have qualified then I was wrong in praising your post, especially since there are over 30 every 4 years, I'll probe more before making assumptions from you in the future.

Look kiddo, if you want to start insulting my country, then you leave the avenue open for me to start on yours and I presume your American. I'll mention the fact you employ more foreign coaches than most countries especially people from Britain (you have a serious amount of our hilarious coaches working on your soil by the way) or even the fact a level 2 over here is ranked higher than your B licence. I have friends who have worked in your country and all have come back saying one thing you just don't get it. Believe me I am more than qualified to say this as I have family who work/have worked at some of your biggest teams. You've only just started in the world of football and think your already a force, your not your toddlers. If you knew anything about the science of football you'd understand my point, you don't and a country that ranks 45th when they are 114th population wise, is a good achievement. You have 300,000,000 and its even the most popular sport up till about the age of 12 or so in your country, and yet you'll crash and burn again this year, because you apply all your training from non-dynamic sports to football.

Bloody wikipiedia gave me Georgia and I'll hold my hands up for it. You however, obviously don't understand significance, as anything over 5% basically is a major difference, so perhaps you shouldn't comment on that either. Scotland have been playing football almost as long as your countries been in existence, so I wouldn't expect you to understand. It would appear your just intent on insulting my home nation as much as most on here, so you can get classed with the rest of the tossers.

Your country has one of the easiest groups in the world to qualify from, a fact you sorely miss. We have the hardest Europe, and yet we are there or there abouts most times.

I will never sit by whilst idiots insult my country and will always fight back, because I'm proud to be SCOTTISH and always have been and will be. As always other's started this insulting Scotland and our league, without understanding or knowledge or even bothering to read up on correlations and background, but I've come to expect that these days.

For a country as small as ours we've contributed more to the beautiful game than you ever will, proven through history (history is more than 10-15 years in the rest of the world).

Archived