BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Relegation Watch

Gav

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am led to believe from a dingle source that there is no safety certificate for the stand and that there is unlikely to be one, case in point The Rovers game and the lack of space under the stand.

BTW

£348 for a ticket in that shed ?

£512 for a ticket upstairs in the main stand ?

WTF ? Its Championship football NOT the CHAMPIONS. How can bumley justify charging a fan £200 more than it is for my ticket in the JW Upper is untruckingbelieveable.

C'mon 1864 You must know that BRFC tickets are subsidised by the PL payments? I'd wager its more at Stanley!

imo this is the biggest threat to BRFC in the future. Should we get relegated and lose the megabucks income the cost of our ST's would have to RISE significantly. That would be a doomwatch scenario if ever there was one.

I'm not too optimistic for the dingle's future - well I am, what I mean is I can't see it going too well.

I've never been to the ground, but from all accounts it's an utter hole and improving that will cost a fair bit of money (not to mention the dip in revinue when they do). Equally important there're a fair few of their players out of contract if I remember correctly. Getting no money for them, yet needing to replace them will cost a fair bit, and lets be honest the ones under contract are hardly the most saleable assets.

The biggest thing for me though is keeping Laws. Other than a Rovers fan I cannot see why anyone would appoint him. A patient Sheffield Wednesday owner kicked him out which speaks volumes. Add in the fact that the championship will be very competitive - Reading, Forrest, Leicester, Cardiff (assuming they don't go bust) Leeds, Swansea, QPR - I cannot see Burnley getting back to the promised land. Surely this is the best opportunity they will have to do so, yet by having the inept Laws in charge, they are severely handicapping themselves.

I'm not too optimistic for the dingle's future - well I am, what I mean is I can't see it going too well.

I've never been to the ground, but from all accounts it's an utter hole and improving that will cost a fair bit of money (not to mention the dip in revinue when they do). Equally important there're a fair few of their players out of contract if I remember correctly. Getting no money for them, yet needing to replace them will cost a fair bit, and lets be honest the ones under contract are hardly the most saleable assets.

The biggest thing for me though is keeping Laws. Other than a Rovers fan I cannot see why anyone would appoint him. A patient Sheffield Wednesday owner kicked him out which speaks volumes. Add in the fact that the championship will be very competitive - Reading, Forrest, Leicester, Cardiff (assuming they don't go bust) Leeds, Swansea, QPR - I cannot see Burnley getting back to the promised land. Surely this is the best opportunity they will have to do so, yet by having the inept Laws in charge, they are severely handicapping themselves.

It's even funnier when you consider that apparently Holloway was on their original wish list!!!

And very quietly last week the words "Premier League Burnley" were removed from below CLARETSMAD on their web-site !!

Salvage sale next?

and the PREMIERSHIP Claret car stickers are becoming more and more rare as each day passes :lol:

and the PREMIERSHIP Claret car stickers are becoming more and more rare as each day passes :lol:

Actually it is the Premier League

"It is sponsored by Barclays Bank and therefore officially known as the Barclays Premier League."

A number of posters on other boards are saying that they have received letters from the Police, they have been asked to attend the local station with regards to the broken seats.

In many cases the seat No.s being quoted do not match the ticket Nos they where given.

Must have been no CCTV working that day, ;)

Any one on here.

A number of posters on other boards are saying that they have received letters from the Police, they have been asked to attend the local station with regards to the broken seats.

In many cases the seat No.s being quoted do not match the ticket Nos they where given.

Must have been no CCTV working that day, ;)

Any one on here.

The police continually get away with trumped up charges against football fans simply because many accused just can't afford to fight them. The number of banning orders being dished out with any supporting evidence is disgusting.

So I say watch your backs with this one, they don’t need evidence to convict.

The police continually get away with trumped up charges against football fans simply because many accused just can't afford to fight them. The number of banning orders being dished out with any supporting evidence is disgusting.

So I say watch your backs with this one, they dont need evidence to convict.

:huh:??? how on earth can they convict without evidence?? :huh:

I didn`t go to the game, but what`s to say Joe Bloggs on row X didn`t smash his own seat, but a seat infront of him or one he was passing on the way in or out?

The only way they could possibly convict is if they actually caught the criminal act on camera or an officer witnessed & arrested there & then.

This is just plain scaremongering tinternet style! :unsure:

What a daft statement Gav, especially from someone like yourself.

Convicted without evidence ? We are not in Thailand or a 3rd world country with no laws. Of course there has to evidence to convict. Just simply being the ticket holder of the damaged seat isnt enough to convict anyone unless there is unrefutable evidence to the contrary.

Beyond reasonable doubt is what the Court will say.

Now then, I was at the game and I didnt see anyone damage a seat or anything else to be honest. All I witnessed was the mornic dingle fans baiting without success whilst us Rovers had a beer or two sat or stood in our seats.

I didn`t go to the game, but what`s to say Joe Bloggs on row X didn`t smash his own seat, but a seat infront of him or one he was passing on the way in or out?

The only way they could possibly convict is if they actually caught the criminal act on camera or an officer witnessed & arrested there & then.

This is just plain scaremongering tinternet style! :unsure:

How is it scaremongering?, when the letters are out there.

How is it scaremongering?, when the letters are out there.

I was refering to GAV saying "they don`t need evidence to convict"

The letters probably are out there, true.....but no court in the civilised world would convict somebody without a scrap of evidence. The police are clutching at straws.

I was refering to GAV saying "they don`t need evidence to convict"

The letters probably are out there, true.....but no court in the civilised world would convict somebody without a scrap of evidence. The police are clutching at straws.

Fair enough but I wouldn't put anything past our Police force. ;)

I know several people who have received banning orders in the past with nothing more than 'association' as evidence. So you go drinking with your mates and one has a conviction, by association you’re also guilty.

Hard to believe I know, but they couldn’t afford to fight the case and got banned/convicted without evidence.

Archived