BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Relegation Watch

Gav

I've never really listened to Talks__t. Whenever I flick around the stations and catch a bit, it always puts me off as all I hear is some stereotypical opinionated London cabbie type who knows eff all about anything gobbing off anout Spurs.

Fairly pithy summing up of TalkSH1 TE that. You forgot the endless ads featuring Essex type plasterers and van drivers though.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

* wrong. nearly every game at t`turd i`ve seen on telly (apart from the BIG games) have shown lots of empty seats behind the goal opposite the away end.

**You`ll still be in the bottom 6 lowest average crowds in the fizzy-pop league.

Don`t flatter yourselves :rolleyes:

Exactly cletus. Memory serves the only games they sold out their 19000 home seats were United, Bolton on Boxing Day and Liverpool last week.

The two arguments we've heard from them lot for years are below:

'if we were in the Premier we'd be sold out every week' FALSE

'At least we get behind our side, not like Deadwood with your plastic fans' FALSE- They were outsung at Ewood and Turf Moor.

No more questions...

31st and counting...

:brfc:

From Football365:

Fulham's progress to the Europa League final has given relegated Burnley an unexpected boost.

Should Roy Hodgson's side lift the trophy they would qualify as holders next season, meaning Burnley would be in pole position in the Fair Play League.

From Football365:

Fulham's progress to the Europa League final has given relegated Burnley an unexpected boost.

Should Roy Hodgson's side lift the trophy they would qualify as holders next season, meaning Burnley would be in pole position in the Fair Play League.

Meaning I will cheer Atletico Madrid forward. No wonder they are relegated when they don't have the fightning spirit and are afraid to pick up cards.

Its looking likely!

Dingles set for Europe if Fulham win it

Sorry but Come on Madrid - dont let them dirty dingles in!!

Let them in, it would prob only be the 1st preminary round and no doubt they will get beat... the only thing they have to (still) gloat about is our Trelleborg defeat, this would top that! :lol:

The new 'Dare to Dream' stickers will be in production as we speak :lol:

loads of clarets are planning their pitch invasion come the last home game. what they fail to realise is that the fair play league would take things like this into consideration.

for me the best thing would be for fulham to win the uefa cup, but then for england to fall down the fair play nations league and out of the qualifying section. a few red cards in the next few games wouldn't go amiss. i wouldn't mind if we got 22 bookings in the last two games. 25 including subs.

i am a little annoyed that duff didn't get sent off against us at turd for his forearm to the face, that either the defender or the goalkeeper didn't get sent off at turd against us for the dive (if you give it, it's last man), that elliot didn't get sent off for his kick out at ewood, or that jensen didn't get sent off for his cynical foul against roberts at ewood (though this one was the closest to a booking out of the four, it was the intention that annoyed me). or even jensens flying pig tackle. on other days all 5 could have seen red cards and they wouldn't be anywhere near as high in the fair play league.

My Oh My...

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere.

Elsewhere is 3 posts up.

What I can't seem to find is the definitive/current Fair play table for this season.

Seems slightly pathetic that a club who fall out of the Premier League with a whimper get the extra Premier League European spot on account of how toothless they are.

It should be a prerequisite that a club who get a PL European place should be a PL club!

In any case, the whole Fair play idea is a farce. The spot should go to the most well run club (i.e. most solvent)! Seems more like something UEFA should be promoting given the way they (don't) deal with blantant cheats.

Elsewhere is 3 posts up.

What I can't seem to find is the definitive/current Fair play table for this season.

Seems slightly pathetic that a club who fall out of the Premier League with a whimper get the extra Premier League European spot on account of how toothless they are.

It should be a prerequisite that a club who get a PL European place should be a PL club!

In any case, the whole Fair play idea is a farce. The spot should go to the most well run club (i.e. most solvent)! Seems more like something UEFA should be promoting given the way they (don't) deal with blantant cheats.

So they scrap the intertoto- a route into Europe for teams that finished 6/7/8th in a tough league but keep the fair play league that usually rewards mediocre and/or garbage sides.

Sounds about right for UEFA

So they scrap the intertoto- a route into Europe for teams that finished 6/7/8th in a tough league but keep the fair play league that usually rewards mediocre and/or garbage sides.

Sounds about right for UEFA

Yes just like Man."no tackles = no bookings"City a couple of years back when Sven was the manager. :angry2:

I don't know how they have got away with so much they look a bit dirty to me. Their fouls are the little dirty cynical kicks that don't get spotted or called too much. That Elliot is a cheap shot artist. Like the ankle biter dogs that lot, don't do a lot of damage but it's still a bite. Europe may expand the Gene pool a bit though.

From the bbc. Nice little stat to share as dingles 2-0 down already:

1343: Sorry Burnley fans, but there's more bad news from Infostrada: "Burnley have now conceded in their last 26 Prem matches, equalling the Prem record for conceding in most consecutive matches - level with Wimbledon's 26-match streak from February to October 1999."

From the bbc. Nice little stat to share as dingles 2-0 down already:

1343: Sorry Burnley fans, but there's more bad news from Infostrada: "Burnley have now conceded in their last 26 Prem matches, equalling the Prem record for conceding in most consecutive matches - level with Wimbledon's 26-match streak from February to October 1999."

Also no Premier League has ever lost 17 away matches in a season. If Burnley lose today they will have achieved that. (They are currently 2 - 0 down)

Burnley continue to plumb the depths of inferiority.

Dunno if anybody's mentioned this but without Pompey's 9 point deduction they would be on 29 points........... and the Dingles would be rock bottom. "Bring on the bostods" indeed! :lol:

Happy days. :rover:

19 pts plus the 9 pts deduction equals 28 pts. Even then the dingles would be the bottom club !

Archived