BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Relegation Watch

Gav

I sent the dingles a message.... saying that deceiving your supports is not very nice... you should change your status to championship... kind regard... blackburn fan (This is the Jist) and got a message back saying that I'm not allowed to attend games at Turf Moor

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent the dingles a message.... saying that deceiving your supports is not very nice... you should change your status to championship... kind regard... blackburn fan (This is the Jist) and got a message back saying that I'm not allowed to attend games at Turf Moor

You should have also stated that, we, Rovers, beat then in the big boys league, we beat them in the little boys league, and we beat them in the cup, where would they like us to beat them next :D 31 years and counting.

If you canyou should write: "As I am a fan of Blackburn Rovers, a Premier League team, I doubt that I would be inclined or able to visit the ground of a lower league club."

Couple of more things. The 4-2 win over a Champions League bound Spurs in the last game of the season could hopefully convince the Burnley board that Laws is the right man for the job-hopefully that vote won't lead to a hung Parliament.

They don't hang bad managers in Burnley...but they might set fire to the wife's dress if caught in a Fish'n'Chip shop...

The telegraph reported that Burnley will be boosted by next years parachute payment rise, but i don't understand why would this affect them? surely they would be relegated with this years rules of 2 years not the 4 or is this incorrect?

New TV deal kicks in this summer. Aslong as the leagues finally agree then Burnley will be entitled to 2 years of £16m, followed by 2 years of £8m.

New TV deal kicks in this summer. Aslong as the leagues finally agree then Burnley will be entitled to 2 years of £16m, followed by 2 years of £8m.

So Laws will probably have more to spend on players than Sam!.......thank the Lord he won't know what to do with it.laugh.gif Perhaps we should make him a "once only bargain offer..... Andrews and Grella for a mere £6m. Buy now while stocks last".

Great that Laws is staying put......dont think he has massive backing in the board though - so wouldnt be suprised if he went early next season.

No real out-standing candidate for the Championship next season. 2 clubs who are screwed finincially + Burnley going down, Newcastle gone & yo-yo team West Brom with them. Should be interesting to see how Leeds do too.

dingles struggling to work out their own gates from this season.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2121636215

they'll eventually get too confused and just decide every game was sold out no doubt

Fast forward 5 years from now and Burnley are in the bottom division once more.....Burnley fans:

'Do you remember when we were last in the top flight,our gates were sometimes 40,000 at t' Turf that season'! :blink:

Fast forward 5 years from now and Burnley are in the bottom division once more.....Burnley fans:

'Do you remember when we were last in the top flight,our gates were sometimes 40,000 at t' Turf that season'! :blink:

i hope leeds step it up, then with middlesborough pushing on (like we did in our second season down), leicester being there or thereabouts again, cardiff spending more if they don't go up or blackpool replicating this season, preston finding a return to form. added to these the likes of qpr, sheff u and reading, we may see the dingles struggling if they let laws handle the budget. the money he spent on cort and fox was criminal.

People want them to stay down?

I would rather they came back up and we did the double over them again. Nothing beats a local derby...well, except a local Easts Lancs derby win! :rover:

I'd rather they disappeared back into obscurity where they belong. I'd welcome Blackpool into the top flight, that would be a far better home and away tie where we can be free to come and go to the games as we please and most probably take 6 points too!

People want them to stay down?

I would rather they came back up and we did the double over them again. Nothing beats a local derby...well, except a local Easts Lancs derby win! :rover:

I wish Orient had beat them in '87.

This season has set them up for a decade, they get up again, they will get stronger, they appoint a decent manager and avoid relegation, stronger still.

This 'easy 6 points' line is relying on us having the upper hand in finances, the manager and players, that wouldnt necessarily be the case if they stayed in the league for a few years.

So I hope they keep Laws, blow all their transfer fund and NEVER EVER get promoted again.

Just remember when they won promotion they did'nt set the championship on fire,Burnley stumbled into the play-offs and had a good final.can't see them taking a massive gamble by spending all the cash on poor prem. players.thank god they have found their place(lower divisions).ps the longer they are in the same division as us the law of averages kicks in.hope its the lower leagues forever. :rover:

Looks like the Burnley attendances might dip below the 300,000,000 mark next season.

Cricket Field stand would be better facing the cricket field

Season tickets were on sale in the David Fishwick Stand for £348 before the deadline of the end of March, but fans in parts of the James Hargreaves and Bob Lord stands will pay £512 for their tickets.

Only a dingle would pay that to watch men in shades of purple and azure perform a glorified clog dance every other Saturday afternoon.

I am led to believe from a dingle source that there is no safety certificate for the stand and that there is unlikely to be one, case in point The Rovers game and the lack of space under the stand.

BTW

£348 for a ticket in that shed ?

£512 for a ticket upstairs in the main stand ?

WTF ? Its Championship football NOT the CHAMPIONS. How can bumley justify charging a fan £200 more than it is for my ticket in the JW Upper is untruckingbelieveable.

I am led to believe from a dingle source that there is no safety certificate for the stand and that there is unlikely to be one, case in point The Rovers game and the lack of space under the stand.

BTW

£348 for a ticket in that shed ?

£512 for a ticket upstairs in the main stand ?

WTF ? Its Championship football NOT the CHAMPIONS. How can bumley justify charging a fan £200 more than it is for my ticket in the JW Upper is untruckingbelieveable.

Yeah, but don`t they get 23 home games compared to our 19? :huh: well worth the extra £200 ;)......plus they`ll get to spread out a bit, taking two seats each to make it look a bit more full :lol:

Archived