BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Relegation Watch

Gav

This lot should help

You get a banning order IF convicted as below NOT because of the Police fitting anyone up. Owing to the fact that when arrested you are entitled to free and independent advice you will always get someone available to defend you. Legal aid is available, even to the richest clients.

Everyone is entitled to a defence - the HR act secures that.

Definition - Relevant Offences

A relevant offence is an offence to which Schedule 1 of the Football Spectators Act 1989 (FSA) applies (section 14(8), FSA).

Schedule 1 FSA

1. This schedule applies to the following offences.

(a) any offence under section 2(1), 5(7), 14J(1) or 21C(2) of this Act,

(B) any offence under section 2 or 2A of the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985 (alcohol, containers and fireworks) committed by the accused at any football match to which this Schedule applies or while entering or trying to enter the ground,

© any offence under section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986 (harassment, alarm or distress) or any provision of Part III of that Act (racial hatred) committed during a period relevant to a football match to which this Schedule applies at any premises while the accused was at, or was entering or leaving or trying to enter or leave, the premises,

R v Matthew O’Keefe [2004] 1 Cr App R (S) 67 The schedule does not make specific reference to offences under section 4 of the Public Order Act 1986. However, it was held that the phrase, “any offence involving the use or threat of violence by the accused towards another person” was wide enough to catch any offence of threatening behaviour under section 4. See further below the proposed changes contained in the Violent Crime Reduction Bill.

(d) any offence involving the use or threat of violence by the accused towards another person committed during a period relevant to a football match to which this Schedule applies at any premises while the accused was at, or was entering or leaving or trying to enter or leave, the premises,

(e) any offence involving the use or threat of violence towards property committed during a period relevant to a football match to which this Schedule applies at any premises while the accused was at, or was entering or leaving or trying to enter or leave, the premises,

(f) any offence involving the use, carrying or possession of an offensive weapon or a firearm committed during a period relevant to a football match to which this Schedule applies at any premises while the accused was at, or was entering or leaving or trying to enter or leave, the premises,

(g) any offence under section 12 of the Licensing Act 1872 (persons found drunk in public places, etc.) of being found drunk in a highway or other public place committed while the accused was on a journey to or from a football match to which this Schedule applies being an offence as respects which the court makes a declaration that the offence related to football matches,

By section 7(10)(a) FSA “declaration of relevance” means a declaration by the court that the offence related to football matches.

(h) any offence under section 91(1) of the Criminal Justice Act 1967 (disorderly behaviour while drunk in a public place) committed in a highway or other public place while the accused was on a journey to or from a football match to which this Schedule applies being an offence as respects which the court makes a declaration that the offence related to football matches,

(j) any offence under section 1 of the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985 (alcohol on coaches or trains to or from sporting events) committed while the accused was on a journey to or from a football match to which this Schedule applies being an offence as respects which the court makes a declaration that the offence related to football matches,

(k) any offence under section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986 (harassment, alarm or distress) or any provision of Part III of that Act (racial hatred) committed while the accused was on a journey to or from a football match to which this Schedule applies being an offence as respects which the court makes a declaration that the offence related to football matches,

(l) any offence under section 4 or 5 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (driving etc. when under the influence of drink or drugs or with an alcohol concentration above the prescribed limit) committed while the accused was on a journey to or from a football match to which this Schedule applies being an offence as respects which the court makes a declaration that the offence related to football matches,

(m) any offence involving the use or threat of violence by the accused towards another person committed while one or each of them was on a journey to or from a football match to which this Schedule applies being an offence as respects which the court makes a declaration that the offence related to football matches,

(n) any offence involving the use or threat of violence towards property committed while the accused was on a journey to or from a football match to which this Schedule applies being an offence as respects which the court makes a declaration that the offence related to football matches,

(o) any offence involving the use, carrying or possession of an offensive weapon or a firearm committed while the accused was on a journey to or from a football match to which this Schedule applies being an offence as respects which the court makes a declaration that the offence related to football matches,

(p) any offence under the Football (Offences) Act 1991,

(q) any offence under section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986 (harassment, alarm or distress) or any provision of Part III of that Act (racial hatred) -

(i) which does not fall within paragraph © or (k) above,

(ii) which was committed during a period relevant to a football match to which this Schedule applies, and

(iii) as respects which the court makes a declaration that the offence related to that match or to that match and any other football match which took place during that period,

® any offence involving the use or threat of violence by the accused towards another person -

(i) which does not fall within paragraph (d) or (m) above,

(ii) which was committed during a period relevant to a football match to which this Schedule applies, and

(iii) as respects which the court makes a declaration that the offence related to that match or to that match and any other football match which took place during that period,

(s) any offence involving the use or threat of violence towards property -

(i) which does not fall within paragraph (e) or (n) above,

(t) any offence involving the use, carrying or possession of an offensive weapon or a firearm -

(i) which does not fall within paragraph (f) or (o) above,

(u) any offence under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 (sale of tickets by unauthorised persons) which relates to tickets for a football match.

2. Any reference to an offence in paragraph 1 above includes -

(a) a reference to any attempt, conspiracy or incitement to commit that offence, and

(B) a reference to aiding and abetting, counselling or procuring the commission of that offence.

3. For the purposes of paragraphs 1(g) to (o) above -

(a) a person may be regarded as having been on a journey to or from a football match to which this Schedule applies whether or not he attended or intended to attend the match, and

(B) a person's journey includes breaks (including overnight breaks).

4. In this Schedule, "football match" means a match which is a regulated football match for the purposes of Part II of this Act.

(2) Section 1(8) and (8A) above apply for the interpretation of references to periods relevant to football matches.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A number of posters on other boards are saying that they have received letters from the Police, they have been asked to attend the local station with regards to the broken seats.

In many cases the seat No.s being quoted do not match the ticket Nos they where given.

Must have been no CCTV working that day, ;)

Any one on here.

I received such a letter last saturday to the effect that i had purchased a ticket for seat and qoute unfortunately, that seat was damaged and i am enquiring if you could assist by outlining how the seat was damaged, or if you have any information regarding other seats being damaged in this location.

For me the daft bit is i bought that ticket on a concession as i am an old age pensioner, hardly likely to break seats as yet have received no response to my reply.

A number of posters on other boards are saying that they have received letters from the Police, they have been asked to attend the local station with regards to the broken seats.

In many cases the seat No.s being quoted do not match the ticket Nos they where given.

Must have been no CCTV working that day, ;)

Any one on here.

Amazed at that. It must be quiet in Burnley. I wouldn't know whose hare-brained idea that was but a simple "no comment" on interview (if it got that far) would ensure "No further action".

This lot should help

You get a banning order IF convicted as below NOT because of the Police fitting anyone up. Owing to the fact that when arrested you are entitled to free and independent advice you will always get someone available to defend you. Legal aid is available, even to the richest clients.

Everyone is entitled to a defence - the HR act secures that.

Cloud cuckoo land.

• 4 weeks later...

Burnley would have gone into administration had they not won promotion to the Prem.

Hopefully for them, they have spent all the money they needed to sort out all the Director loans and take back ownership of all their land and buildings and can get back to a secure life outside the Prem. They didn't seem to embrace Premier-style spending last season so their parachute payments should set them up very nicely at the lower level.

Sheff Utd's Billy Sharp has turned down Burnley by all accounts.

The burnley fans at work are up in arms:

"We're a bigger club than Sheff Utd" etc etc...... :lol:

Guest Wen Y Hu

The Dingles never learn do they?

Burnley fans who called baby Blake gutted at player's move

[...]

:lol:

Brilliant! That's brought a smile to my face.

The LT has some quality stuff in that article:

"A Clarets mad couple who named their son Robbie Blake said they were ‘gutted’ by the striker’s decision to join Bolton Wanderers." The article goes on to quote Adi, the father, as saying: "Blake’s still a legend and one of my favourite players in a Burnley shirt, but I’ll definitely be booing him next season." :wacko:

The LT doesn't really need an Entertainment section so long as it covers the Burnley area...

Pendle man is oldest new dad at 78

Raymond Calvert from near Colne became the oldest dad in Britain at the age of 78 when his 25-year-old girlfriend Charlotte gave birth to a baby son. According to the LT, "Raymond said he met Charlotte after having a three year relationship with her mum." And who are we to doubt them...? :o

Raymond Calvert from near Colne became the oldest dad in Britain at the age of 78 when his 25-year-old girlfriend Charlotte gave birth to a baby son. According to the LT, "Raymond said he met Charlotte after having a three year relationship with her mum." And who are we to doubt them...? :o

That really made me laugh :D

The LT doesn't really need an Entertainment section so long as it covers the Burnley area...

As soon as she stops changing her kid's nappies and feeding him pureed food, she'll have to change her boyfriend's nappies and feed him pureed food. I just don't get the granny banging scene.

That really made me laugh :D

It's funny but somewhat disconcerting that they are still allowing them to breed and multiply over there without control. :unsure:

The worlds population has doubled in less than 50 years so at this stage of the development of the human race with 8 billion gulping oxygen and emitting various greenhouse gases for all they are worth (whilst laying all the blame on cows ffs! :wstu: ) there really should only be permission for breeding granted by a qualified geneticist.

Part of their parachute payment has gone. I don’t know if that includes when they sold the ground and training facilities.

Burnley pay £5,5m to director to settle loan

That was paid on January 13th, long before any 'parachute payments' are due.

The money was paid to the Administrators not the Director.

The decent thing to do when you have borrowed money is to pay it back, plus any agreed interest, this would not have been due had we not got promoted.

It has nothing to do with selling the ground and Gawthorpe, Mr. flood was not involved in that deal.

New Far-East superclub

'BURNLEY manager Brian Laws can’t wait to take his team to the Far East – and continue to spread the Clarets’ global popularity'

Nurse!

The Far East Laws is referring to is actually Barrowford in East Lancashire.

'Clarets global popularity' are three words I would never have expected to be strung together.

The Far East Laws is referring to is actually Barrowford in East Lancashire.

'Clarets global popularity' are three words I would never have expected to be strung together.

The Globe he is referring to is a pub in Brierfield.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wen Y Hu

Thank God for Burnley. Mirth guaranteed.

:lol:

Absolute certs to stay up in March. :wacko: Welcome to the world of the deluded.

Archived