SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Relegation Watch

Gav

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was going to post this in the Jack Walker thread, but didn't want to lower the tone.

They really are small time tossers consumed with bitterness and jealousy.Clarets mad

There is ONE Burnley fan who rises above the hatred and jelousy and has the grace to tell it like it is.

The rest just confirm why I hate their bitter little club and supporters with a passion....they are the shyte on the bottom of our blue 'n' white boots.

<_<

There is ONE Burnley fan who rises above the hatred and jelousy and has the grace to tell it like it is.

The rest just confirm why I hate their bitter little club and supporters with a passion....they are the shyte on the bottom of our blue 'n' white boots.

<_<

Burnley = @#/?

Was going to post this in the Jack Walker thread, but didn't want to lower the tone.

They really are small time tossers consumed with bitterness and jealousy

Clarets mad

There is actually a good discussion on that site with many Burnley fans defending Jack Walker.

• Backroom

Some are real idiots, one of them refers to Jack repeatedly in a disgusting manner.

Some of them are so blinded by jealousy they can't see straight.

We havn't come close to winning a cup since 95 and the best we can ever hope for is 12th or 11th!

I am equally surprised in a positive manner by some of the nice Burnley lads in that discussion.

However I have to tell a little story from Cala d'or at Mallorca this summer. My 2 year old kid was playing nicely in the sand building sandcastles with some nice 80ish year old ladies. I started talking with the nice ladies about my 2 year old where we were from etc. He asked my why my kid was wearing a Barca shirt with Messi on his back. I tried to explain that Barca was a very popular team and me and my dad are big Argentina supporters and has always been. I also replied that;"But of course he has also has a Rovers shirt".

Suddenly I heard some womitting sounds and she seemed disgusted. She said that she was from Burnley and we had a quite proper discussion about the two clubs even though it was not the right time seeing her beloved club just had been relegated. She was actually from RibbleValley and a very nice lady. She wanted the adress for my son to send him a Burnley shirt so he never should wear the might blue and whites again. To enhance you, he is still wearing the blue and whites and I am trying to teach him no nay never song, but he only replies with "more" :P

She didnt appreciate my Blackburn Rovers supporter CLub Norway magazine though. She didnt want to read it :P

It just shows that even though we are bitter rivals we should act like grown ups and be able to have proper discussions.

• 2 weeks later...

Paul Plunkett on twitter 10 mins ago:

"Big news on the Burnley Fc board. Director has stepped down"

Anyone know why this is big news?

It was his round at the bar & he couldn`t afford it.

Fill me in Gav. Why is that a biggie? Is he the man with the cash?

Not really a money man.

He came in around the same time as Kilby but has been in the shadows for a while now, had some troubles a while back not to sure of the details.

Not really a money man.

He came in around the same time as Kilby but has been in the shadows for a while now, had some troubles a while back not to sure of the details.

I think he came on board around 97/98. He's a Lancashire born New York (or was at least) based businessman. I was working in Burnley at the time he got involved and he was full of talk at the time. His PR man (cant remember the no mark's name) liked to claim that Burnley are a bigger club than Rovers with bigger potential and Ingleby liked to say it was going to prove it.

All I used to hear from the Dingles was how Ingleby was richer than Jack and how they would "have to terrace Pendle Hill" once they got into the Prem.

I'm not usually one to glory in the misfortunes of others (financial or otherwise) but if business has gone t1ts up for Ingleby and his mouthy oppo all I can say is "HA ******* HA" :rover:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived