BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea At Ewood

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I have said a million times, Ollson is @#/? at left back. He is only good as a midfielder. Diouf is also complete @#/?. I'd love to see his pass completion when the ball is passed forward, I imagine it'd be around 20%, if that.

Just picked up the pictures and the first thing I see is Keith pointing...

How does he manage it?

Best part is when he's pointing for everyone to cover for a free kick, then the Chelsea player plays a short pass to the man he's meant to be marking. Classic.

Is it just me or has N'zonzi's passing in recent games gone downhill? He doesn't have a great passing range in the first place and its something he needs to work on, but even those short passes are going wayward.

Jones continuing to impress.

Desperate give away pass by N'onzi. Need to stay focused

Best part is when he's pointing for everyone to cover for a free kick, then the Chelsea player plays a short pass to the man he's meant to be marking. Classic.

I would run around and point for half his wages, please Sam come and get me!

1-0 down at HT isn't too bad, but it's not going to get any better in the second half unless we give Kalinic some support and press the midfield. Stick Hoilett up front.

Also, our centre midfield is always ###### when we play Andrews & Nzonzi together.

10 men, we've only got 10 men. I can't believe Andrews has got sent off!!

At least he hasn't been noticeable, when he is it's because he's doing something wrong.

HT- Can't complain with anything so far besides the goal, better than expected really, we were always very unlikely to get anything but we've shown we aren't afraid to get stuck in on them when needed.

HT 1-0 down, could easily be 2 or 3. Chelsea by the looks of it aren't playing anywhere near full gear. Created pretty much nothing for Niko. Dunn, Pedersen and Diouf aren't supporting him so its 'hit and hope' stuff to the front man.

Jones probably the brightest spark, Samba has been pretty solid and Brown has made some decent saves.

1-0 down at HT isn't too bad, but it's not going to get any better in the second half unless we give Kalinic some support and press the midfield. Stick Hoilett up front.

Also, our centre midfield is always ###### when we play Andrews & Nzonzi together.

Agreed, it might seem risky to throw another man on up front but the ball just keeps coming back at us, we need another man up there to try and keep it in their half for more than 5 seconds, we have nothing to lose.

I'm not one of the usual Andrews haters but I honestly wouldn't know he was playing if I didn't read the teamsheet, Dunn's looked lively on the ball but has done very little without it.

I don't think Olsson was at fault for the goal but there have been a couple of other occasions when he's got forward and not exactly busted his balls to get back, also gave the ball away needlessly without looking where he's passing/crossing.

Jones has been about the best considering it's his debut, Kalinic and Pedersen have both worked hard without making anything happen, Pedersen has actually been one of the few who's won the ball back a few times.

Also with N'Zonzi, I know he's young and was fast tracked into the team but given his size I think it's about time he had more of a physical prescence in a game.

Salgado's done better today but that's partly because we never have the ball so were defending so deep they haven't had a chance to get in behind us yet.

A few positives but we need to throw caution to the wind and get a striker on.

Thank goodness Kalou can't head, missed a sitter early on and barely made any contact on another 2 relatively good chances.

HT- Can't complain with anything so far besides the goal, better than expected really, we were always very unlikely to get anything but we've shown we aren't afraid to get stuck in on them when needed.

It's not happening enough, though. There's been the occasional flare, but most of the game is spent backing off and letting Chelsea monopolize the ball in our half. We need to harry and press them a lot more in the second half, otherwise they're gonna pick us off.

The usual watching paint dry first half we have come to expect. Dunn, Diouf and Pedersen are supposed to support Nico, but get nowhere near him and then offer absolutely nothing when Chelsea have the ball. We don't chase or harry them.

Great debut so far by Jones and Nico always looks likely, but that's about it

It's not happening enough, though. There's been the occasional flare, but most of the game is spent backing off and letting Chelsea monopolize the ball in our half. We need to harry and press them a lot more in the second half, otherwise they're gonna pick us off.

That's the CM though, I never expect them to as they just don't :blink:

Archived