BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea At Ewood

So all we have to do is play like Inter Milan and collect the three points on offer at Ewood this Sunday- simples...

Actually, all we need is our Expert to have a bit of the Special One rub off on him. There is no doubt that Mourinho set up Inter superbly to beat Chelsea this evening and he got his tactics absolutely spot on. In fact Chelsea were distinctly fortunate only to lose by on goal tonight.

Is Ancelotti up for motivating his players to give us a spanking at Ewood? No doubt Abramovich's reaction to be being doubled over by the boss he fired will have given Ancelotti enough oomph to communicate itself through to the players so that is not going to helpRovers' cause any nor did the Chelski wonders do themselves any new mischief or injury tonight.

That said, Chelsea on Sunday are not the same powerhouse that was surging irresistibly to the title just a few weeks ago. No Cech, no Cashley, no Essien and Zhirkov the Rovers supporter in the side... Turnbull is no slouch as a keeper and Abramovich's millions ensure there is more than adequate cover all over the pitch.

Rovers, meanwhilst are Robbo less, no Grella presumably, Dunn and Emerton looking out of form, Jacobson and Nelsen perhaps still missing and generally not really firing on all cylenders. Thomas the Tank engine Salgado will presumably continue at right back and "I saw no Pavlyuchenko" Chimbonda at left back whilst Jason Brown will get an early chance to make amends for getting everything except his body behind the ball at WHL last weekend.

Make no bones about it, Rovers have a decent chance of returning to normal service against Chelsea pre-Mourinho and beating this lot. All we need is the defence not to spectacularly mess-up and take the odd goal scoring opportunity ourselves when it comes along.

Well make that Rovers have no chance then....

Much as I'd love to see Terry, Lampard et al surrounding the ref, tears of supplication and howls of anguished complaint at the final whistle, it is not going to happen is it?

However, it is important that Rovers put up a spirited performance and get in amongst the Chelski players. The crowd will need distracting from their songs about the bonking proclivities of the odd (and they are odd) Englishmen to be found amongst the Chelsea ungelded players and spirits raised for the fun to come later this month. Chelski are very much a second billing warm-up act to the Dingle Derby. Here's hoping they read the script.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since when has anything that's happened in the Champions League effected PL matters?

OK so it's just CL games he'll miss. Drat.

btw You must have written that tongue in cheek I guess. The CL has a massive affect on the Premier League structure.

Chelsea away form is not up to title winning form that it was towards the start of the season - Only beaten wolves and burnley i think in their last 8... :)

However they will be out for revenge and to prove themselfes 2-0 chelsea. hard thought victory with us going in at half time 0-0.

Drogba.

Anelka.

I just hope we turn up give it our best shot ala liverpool away and feel get in their faces, When will basturk get a run out - Not got much chance to shine now has he 8-9 games left??

We might not win this one, but I DO fancy us to beat one of the title chasers before the season is out. Let's not forget we are very good at home this season and I'm sure that non of the top 3 will relish coming here.

I'm gonna plum for a draw vs. Chelsea. They may well be feeling a hangover when they come here this weekend. Rumour has it Mark Bunn will be between the sticks on Sunday which will be a better than Jason Brown judging by his performance vs. Spurs!

If Brown plays in goal then I don't give us a prayer. He's not an imposing figure and takes longer getting down than Robinson does. At least Bunn is an unknown quantity at this level and might just prove himself worthy of the number one spot.

I'm not overly confident we'll survive the CL backlash, but I also hold a faint hope that we might surprise ourselves. Over to you, Sam.

This game will be decided by our keeper. Good game from him & we could win, poor game like Spurs away and we get hammered 3 or 4-0.

Given our home form, nobody worries me, not even the top 3 - however our current choice of goalkeepers worries me - please can we have a superb goalkeeping display - if we get a Robbo standard performance then we should be fine!

We might not win this one, but I DO fancy us to beat one of the title chasers before the season is out. Let's not forget we are very good at home this season and I'm sure that non of the top 3 will relish coming here.

"Lets not forget that we've had some decent results at home this season" would be more accurate.

btw

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2895633/Im-in-trouble-if-we-dont-win-title.html

Archived